Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that will be possible with v10 but, with v9, the car will only use cell connectivity whilst driving. ie tethering only works when stationary.
That's not correct - connecting to Wi-Fi while moving works now, on ver.9. The car switches from Wi-Fi to cellular every time you take it out of Park, but you can tap the LTE icon and still connect to your Wi-Fi hotspot while moving

Last edited:
They updated the paragraph and removed parking, it now just says Wi-Fi.

You can enable wifi after you start driving.

Also I don't know why everyone is complaining about not instantly getting it.

To receive this update as quickly as possible, make sure your car is connected to Wi-Fi. You'll automatically receive Version 10.0 when it's ready for your car based on your location and vehicle configuration — there is no need to request the update.​

Reactions: Silicon Desert
So to use Netflix one would need to be in park and on WiFi, right? But charging stations dont offer WiFi yet and unless most folks have an independent wifi device, it's going to be tethering to your phones data plan to really utilize Netflix, right?

I'm picking my model 3 up tomorrow evening, it's full self driving. I don't have Wi-Fi at home. How likely is it that the car will be on the latest software at pick up?

Very low. Every delivery I've seen has been on a different branch and weeks behind the main release. My Raven came with 2019.7.105, after 2019.16 was out.

More recent ones had 2019.15.1xx - another version that was never in general release. I'm not sure if the factory loaded firmware has unique features that aren't implemented in the mainline releases, but I don't know why else they'd be unique forks.

Status
Not open for further replies.