Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you are right but I thought they were the same.

Nope. 2019.32.10.1 is a fork from the tenth release candidate authored in the 32nd week of 2019.

The official version number is separate, listed before the software number. We’ve been on 9.1 for several months now, and are just getting the initial release of 10.

10.1 will likely show up early next year sometime.

So I finally decided to look into why it was taking my car so long to update. Turns out that WiFi dropped sometime last night and the car reverted back to LTE. Went out and connected to my access point and now I'm in the process of installing the software. I guess I'm going to have to run some errands in a little bit... :)

FYI: I had purchased FSD after delivery, have HW2.5 and selected Advanced software updates.

Now I need Android Play Store to offer the updated app. Still cannot find any way to update it.

Got updated Google Play Storeat around 10PM PST Tursday evening. I am from Canada that does not even have V10 yet.
version of the Tesla app is 3.10.0-381

Just got the update, M3 AWD LR HW2.5, bought AP as an option, then bought FSD when it became available. Finally worth getting FSD, in my opinion - Smart Summon is really cool. At first it didn't seem to work since my car was parked headfirst, Summon refused to back out into the public road maybe? But if I park facing out, it works! Really amazing to watch the car drive out and come to you by itself.

Also have to say that Elon is right - Tesla makes a great home theater experience. The great sound system really makes a difference. Caraoke is great fun too.

Reactions: M109Rider
Now I need Android Play Store to offer the updated app. Still cannot find any way to update it.

Try this. Go to google play store on your computer, log in, search for the Tesla app and see if it just says "Install". If it does, hot install and it will push it to your phone and it might be 3.10. This worked for me. I had the app I stalled but google didn't show it as installed o. The desktop version of the store.

• Informative
Reactions: DopeGhoti
Try this. Go to google play store on your computer, log in, search for the Tesla app and see if it just says "Install". If it does, hot install and it will push it to your phone and it might be 3.10. This worked for me. I had the app I stalled but google didn't show it as installed o. The desktop version of the store.
Launched a Chrome window on my laptop at play.google.com and searched for Tesla. App indicates "Installed". Clicked on the button anyway and got a window with "Choose a device". Dropdown lists my smartphone and tablet (both are Samsung) as already having it installed and is greyed out so I can't select those options. Third entry is for my inactive Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge which I don't use and currently has a dead battery.

edit: Plugged the 6 Edge into a USB charger and turned it on. Searched Google Play Store and it still comes up with the Tesla app being version 3.9.1-378. Same as on my J3 phone and tablet. Just for grins I installed it (via WiFi since there's no SIM in the phone). Yup, still version 3.9.1

edit2: Uninstalled the Tesla app from the 6 Edge and then had to wait several minutes before the Google servers allowed me to remotely install the app. Now waiting by the phone to see what I get after I signed into my Gmail account.

edit3: Phone popped up a notification that apps updates are pending (currently 24 of them it looks like). Tesla app is included in the "download pending" queue so I guess I'll know in about 15-20 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DopeGhoti
Oh yeah v10 ftw

Attachments

• E53B01D2-4EE3-410A-93C9-A40BB478D32E.jpeg
    E53B01D2-4EE3-410A-93C9-A40BB478D32E.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.