Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
huh, what do you mean intentionally weakened? It is a receiver. :)

Better receivers use more power. Poor choice of words on my part. Manufacturers use antennas that provide decent (but not great) reception in order to not have GPS be a big drain on battery. These antennas draw less power and will require more time to lock on to more satellites. Poor weather also affects phone GPS antennas more because their ability to receive signals is already subpar.

Better receivers use more power. Poor choice of words on my part. Manufacturers use antennas that provide decent (but not great) reception in order to not have GPS be a big drain on battery. These antennas draw less power and will require more time to lock on to more satellites. Poor weather also affects phone GPS antennas more because their ability to receive signals is already subpar.
ah, I see what you mean. I was just confused because last year I put a gps chip into a product for a client. 24 channels GPS, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS and uses only 125 milliWatts of power in a 3 inch square package with NO external antennas and it works great, highly accurate. Thus, puzzled why some phones can't do better. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

ah, I see what you mean. I was just confused because last year I put a gps chip into a product for a client. 24 channels GPS, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS and uses only 125 milliWatts of power in a 3 inch square package with NO external antennas and it works great, highly accurate. Thus, puzzled why some phones can't do better. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Are those prescription glasses on your pup? Vets have come a long way with animal care.

My golf GPS app is pretty good.

Reactions: hcdavis3

A 3 inch square package is huge to try to fit into a phone.

Reactions: Threader
Got it yesterday. Haven't had time to test all of the features but I did advanced summons yesterday and the connection to the car kept breaking, and as the car was in the middle of the lot, i gave up and walked to it. This is not to say that advanced summons is faulty but that I need more time with it so make sure I'm using it correctly.

Montreal, Quebec Downloading v10 now. Was 32.1 yesterday and was false start for v10 as it was just 32.2.

Now pretty sure it's v10.

SR+ FSD purchased with M3 and delivered May 2019 with HW3.

will update post: It's 32.11 and....drumroll...................................................

NO SMART SUMMON :(

The rest of v10 is all there though :)

if you are wondering smart summon is not even mentioned in software release notes so definitely not there in 32.11. Pray you get 32.10

I have 32.11 and I do have smart summon. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.