Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: We are updating all reservation timelines in the next few days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably going to sound really dumb, but how are you folks getting a delivery estimate, at this point?

I configured my car (AWD, non-P) on May 23 and ever since, I have lost any timing estimates on my account. All I see is "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery timeframe will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration." It's said exactly that for almost 2 months, now.

• Informative
Reactions: jcadman22
This is probably going to sound really dumb, but how are you folks getting a delivery estimate, at this point?

I configured my car (AWD, non-P) on May 23 and ever since, I have lost any timing estimates on my account. All I see is "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery timeframe will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration." It's said exactly that for almost 2 months, now.

Mine has the delivery estimate just above that section:

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 11.56.36 AM.png

Believe they are simply trying to align production capabilities with demand, and optimize profits.

If they have a large and dependable supply of some parts, they will put those customers up in the line.
If some parts are hard for them to get, probably put them further back in the line.

Question, does everyone's reservation page still say Pending for Trade-In and Payment Method? Everything else is completed with check marks, but these two items still say pending even though I've select a choice. I'm assuming it's that way for everyone because I haven't paid in full yet and haven't sold my trade-in yet.
Yes, I have both "..."

They probably turn green once we take pictures of the trade-in and get credit approval.

i have read all the posts here and haven't seen yet what seems to be a clear motivation for Tesla. Build the cars in decreasing order of profit margin (to the extent feasible operationally) to maximize Q3 & Q4 revenues and show profitability. Then as production volume ramps up at end of 2018, economy of scale should give more financial breathing room on the SR models.

I have a leased S75D that is up end of Sep. I have been waiting since day 1 and all I want is a white car with white interior. The car will eventually be shipped to Hawaii when I retire and I have no need for long range battery or P version. So now I have to decide whether to give Tesla an extra 29K over the base 35K just to have the privilege to pay 1500 for the white interior that almost certainly costs the same as the included black. I'm inclined to extend the lease for 6 mos. Yeah, I'll lose 3750 but that is offset by the 29K. I get that Tesla needs to be profitable now but I'm not quite ready to donate so much to the cause.

Reactions: adaptabl