Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: We are updating all reservation timelines in the next few days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have read all the posts here and haven't seen yet what seems to be a clear motivation for Tesla. Build the cars in decreasing order of profit margin (to the extent feasible operationally) to maximize Q3 & Q4 revenues and show profitability. Then as production volume ramps up at end of 2018, economy of scale should give more financial breathing room on the SR models.

I have a leased S75D that is up end of Sep. I have been waiting since day 1 and all I want is a white car with white interior. The car will eventually be shipped to Hawaii when I retire and I have no need for long range battery or P version. So now I have to decide whether to give Tesla an extra 29K over the base 35K just to have the privilege to pay 1500 for the white interior that almost certainly costs the same as the included black. I'm inclined to extend the lease for 6 mos. Yeah, I'll lose 3750 but that is offset by the 29K. I get that Tesla needs to be profitable now but I'm not quite ready to donate so much to the cause.

Order the LR with black interior, take the full tax credit now, and have aftermarket white seats installed for about $2k.

LR isn't necessary since there's no such thing as PSR. All P's are LRs intrinsically. 3 PD is probably more "technically correct", but since the S and X are always P###D, P3D feels better.
### = battery not Model.

Model __ Performance + Battery + Dual-Motor

Model X P100D...

All Performance MX are 100 kWh and Dual Motor. The nomenclature doesn’t consider the fact that you can’t get other Performance configurations.

If they gave us the battery size it would be something like M3 P75D.

So, it is:

M3 PLRD
M3 LRD
M3 SRD
M3 LR
M3 SR

Last edited:
### = battery not Model.

Model __ Performance + Battery + Dual-Motor

Model X P100D...

All Performance MX are 100 kWh and Dual Motor. The nomenclature doesn’t consider the fact that you can’t get other Performance configurations.

If they gave us the battery size it would be something like M3 P75D.

So, it is:

M3 PLRD
M3 LRD
M3 SRD
M3 LR
M3 SR
I had no idea this could spawn such dialectical debate. Since I do not wish to cause such dismay I have just changed my license plate request to something I hope will not offend some of our prized conventions. To avoid further disturbance I will disclose that one only after my new car has been delivered.

Where would you get the material?

correction-liquid-paper.jpg

Where would you get the material?

Which leads me to another question. Do the aftermarket seats come with the exact same vegan soft material that Tesla uses? That Tesla material is gorgeous.
It depends on what it is. If it's Alcantara, there are at least two online stores in the US that sell it. If it's Ultra Leather, there are many places online that sell it.

It depends on what it is. If it's Alcantara, there are at least two online stores in the US that sell it. If it's Ultra Leather, there are many places online that sell it.

Its certainly NOT going to be Leather as Elon stated that there are no animal products used in the Model 3 except for the leather in the steering wheel.
Secondly...it looks too smooth to be a fabric.