Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCorsa - Buttonwillow - RWD Model 3 Lap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing event put on this weekend by UnPlugged Performance and Speed Ventures!

While the top times all went to the Performance models, there was still plenty of fun to be had for those of us with RWD. Now we just need Track Mode made available for all models - why should the Performance models have all the fun? I'd say it is actually even more important for RWD. Looking forward to MPP solution, but sure would be cool if Elon made it happen OTA!!

I was behind you for a bit and you were quite fast, didn't even realize you were in a RWD. Thanks for posting!
It was tough to keep watching all the cars pull away on the straights! I traded in my 580 hp Camaro ZL1 for the model 3, so this is a very different experience for me. Without the high-horsepower I'm really dependent on staying smooth to build up the momentum. Every bit as fun though!

• Funny
Reactions: tracksyde and Dre78
I looked like I was on a Sunday afternoon pleasure cruise down the straights compared to all the P3D. My only hope was through the corners.

After the day was over I really wanted more, but neither my car nor my focus was ready for that. In reviewing my footage, I saw where I needed to carry more speed and where my line wasn't the best. I chose to work my way up to speed, rather than overshooting it and going off track.

Next event, I will hopefully have pads and high temp fluid, and with a little room I am sure I could do a 1:08. I know where I could carry more speed, just need to remember that in the moment.