Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my son's TM3. He drives about 110 miles / day. After looking at TeslaFI data he averages 40% battery usage. Use to charge to 75% (so down to 35%) and lately charges to 80% (so down to 40%). Actually I created an End_of_Day SOC chart for a little better accuracy but I started all the SOC Begin_of_Day using 80% but it still gives the gist even if off by 5%.

I realize you have a theory about not regularly going down to 20%. He does do that on road trips 2-4 times per year.

It is unclear what additional columns you are looking for in the 'All' tab. I don't have that. Here is the 'Battery' tab. NOTE: this is from last weekend when he charged to 100% right before doing some weekend errands. I have other charts showing the 100% charge lasted for 48 minutes until amps stopped flowing (ie. stopped charging).
<snip>
Blue is Calculated 100% range.
Green is Firmware at the week but not release level (yyyy-wk-rlse).
Purple is the temp (F) plus 200 to scale it for the left Y axis.
2019.40.2.1 (aka 2019.777) seemed to be the biggest timing of the 100% range dropping.
IhYwmR3.jpg

The new TeslaFI . COM reporting feature shows this as well. NOTE: that it only shows 80%+ charges and my son use to do a lot of 75% charges.

https://i.imgur.com/6WfHkst.jpg
6WfHkst.jpg

The report is awkward to get to (locate).

1) Menu: Fleet, then 'Software Tracker'
2) then In the 'Software Version / Count / Percent' section click on the hyperlink for the version in question ... ie. 2020.4.1
3) then do a find for 'Your' or similar to get this type of line ' *Your Vehicle* 2020.01.30 22:09 '
4) then click the 'View' hyperlink.

Maybe there is another way but I have yet to find it. I had to stumble across '3)' above.

Last edited:
TeslaFI added 'avg range' and 'avg temp' to the 'your software updates' (Fleet menu option) area. A much more straightforward place to find it.
Example from my son's car: https://i.imgur.com/C6q3e4V.jpg

C6q3e4V.jpg
FYI, it looks like it took a day for all the records to be processed for everyone as the temperatures above seemed off. I did an SQL query against the TeslaFI 'Battery Report' data (pasted to a Google sheet) to determine what the numbers were from there and they now match up with the screen grab I just took.

DSNtBUc.jpg
KEcuNiM.jpg

Hello All,

I took delivery of a SR+ on 9/26/2019. I currently reside in the Seattle area, so the temps have been relatively cool since I have owned the vehicle. Ive been doing tons of reading on various threads and watching YT videos on this subject. Anyway, heres my chart from TeslaFi:
upload_2020-2-9_12-6-10.png

and
upload_2020-2-9_12-7-16.png

Is this considered normal? I have just over 6k miles on the car. Should I expect to recover most of my rated range once it warms up?

Here is my latest.
Just hit 30K miles.
Everything was going swimmingly with range hovering between 308-311 for 18 month.
Then my range dropped off a cliff, going from 308-311 down to 286 in 2 months before recovering 3 miles.
Car booked into SC on Tuesday.
If you charge over 80% then what does 'Your Software Update' screen show for each firmware update. ie. range and temp for the ones around the time it dropped off?
TeslaFI 'Your Software Update' URL: TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

My sons LR TM3 dropped (coincidently or not) with 2019.40.2.1 -- show in post: TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

Hello All,

I took delivery of a SR+ on 9/26/2019. I currently reside in the Seattle area, so the temps have been relatively cool since I have owned the vehicle. Ive been doing tons of reading on various threads and watching YT videos on this subject. Anyway, heres my chart from TeslaFi: View attachment 509645

and View attachment 509646

Is this considered normal? I have just over 6k miles on the car. Should I expect to recover most of my rated range once it warms up?

I have a june/2019 build and my graphic looks like yours, my range is down to 219 miles.
Temperature has nothing to do with the range estimation provided by the car, the battery is just degrading "normally" according to the SC.
What you see is the car doing EPA estimate * usable battery capacity in KW. If it goes down, is because the computer estimates the battery capacity in KW is going down.

You can try all the rebalancing acrobatics mentioned elsewhere, they did nothing to improve my battery so far.

I have a june/2019 build and my graphic looks like yours, my range is down to 219 miles.
Temperature has nothing to do with the range estimation provided by the car, the battery is just degrading "normally" according to the SC.
What you see is the car doing EPA estimate * usable battery capacity in KW. If it goes down, is because the computer estimates the battery capacity in KW is going down.

You can try all the rebalancing acrobatics mentioned elsewhere, they did nothing to improve my battery so far.
Ill be curious to see if yours improves as it warms up in the Spring time.

FYI, it looks like it took a day for all the records to be processed for everyone as the temperatures above seemed off. I did an SQL query against the TeslaFI 'Battery Report' data (pasted to a Google sheet) to determine what the numbers were from there and they now match up with the screen grab I just took.
My support ticket came back stating that there was a conversion issue that should be resolved by now.

Ill be curious to see if yours improves as it warms up in the Spring time.

Me too. Unfortunately, according to the SC, the displayed range has nothing to do with temperature or driving habits, just the multiplication of EPA rating * available capacity in KW

also, it's on the Tesla support page:

Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my displayed estimated range decreasing faster than miles driven?
Displayed range is based on regulating agency certification (EPA) and is not adapted based on driving pattern. Your driving behaviors and environmental conditions can impact your car's efficiency, and therefore its range. To see estimated range based on personalized energy consumption, open the Energy app.

After charging is completed, why is the estimated range less than expected?
It is normal for estimated range to decrease slightly over the first few months before leveling off. Over time, you may see a gradual, but natural, decrease in range at full charge – this depends on factors such as Supercharging regularly or the mileage and age of the battery. Your Tesla will inform you in the unlikely event a hardware issue is causing excessive battery or range degradation.

Range

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Me too. Unfortunately, according to the SC, the displayed range has nothing to do with temperature or driving habits, just the multiplication of EPA rating * available capacity in KW

also, it's on the Tesla support page:

Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my displayed estimated range decreasing faster than miles driven?
Displayed range is based on regulating agency certification (EPA) and is not adapted based on driving pattern.
Your driving behaviors and environmental conditions can impact your car's efficiency, and therefore its range. To see estimated range based on personalized energy consumption, open the Energy app.

After charging is completed, why is the estimated range less than expected?
It is normal for estimated range to decrease slightly over the first few months before leveling off. Over time, you may see a gradual, but natural, decrease in range at full charge – this depends on factors such as Supercharging regularly or the mileage and age of the battery. Your Tesla will inform you in the unlikely event a hardware issue is causing excessive battery or range degradation.

Range
What are your charging habits like? I typically charge at work to 80% and drive the car till im at about 20-40%, then I charge back to 80%. I've seen it mentioned by other Tesla support cases that the ambient air temp and battery temp can play a role in displaying a lower mileage range estimate. Im using the Scan My Tesla App as well, and I have seen some fluctuation of the nominal full pack if I let the car sit outside in cooler ambient temps.

The Tesla support response seem to get confused with range seen driving and range shown on the display. One changes based on climate and driving style, the other doesn't change and is based on EPA calculations. Both bits of information are in the FAQ but not very clearly differentiated.

My August 18 P3D with 28,939 miles is down 11% in range. Not a crazy amount of supercharging (2 longer trips with maybe 10 SC visits each), 3 track days, some drag time and a heavy foot. At home I mostly charge in the 80-90% range. I've gone down to single digits maybe 10 times and charged to 100% a dozen times or so.

What are your charging habits like? I typically charge at work to 80% and drive the car till im at about 20-40%, then I charge back to 80%. I've seen it mentioned by other Tesla support cases that the ambient air temp and battery temp can play a role in displaying a lower mileage range estimate. Im using the Scan My Tesla App as well, and I have seen some fluctuation of the nominal full pack if I let the car sit outside in cooler ambient temps.

I charge on my heated garage up to 90% and leave it plugged in. for daily use rarelly goes below 30%. I do a road trip twice a week that requires supercharging from 20% to 60%.
I did notice that the range estimate gets a bit crazy when I supercharge at subzero tempratures compared to a more stable estimation when it's charging on the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.