Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jdeck - in the "Raw Data" tab is it possible to add SOC next to "battery_range"? Also what is rear_seat_type field and how do people use that? Finally, are the max and min_avail_temp in centigrade? Can it be shown or toggled in Fahrenheit?

I had originally set things up to consider home charges anything within 1 mile of your home address. I just changed it to .5 miles and it looks like it's showing those as travel charges. I'll see how the .5 works out and can always adjust or put it as a user editable variable as well. .5 is still probably overkill.
Realistically anything outside of a 1/4 mile radius should be considered travel charges. That would also compensate for any GPS discrepancy around your actual home. (I say this only as I work about 3/4 of a mile from my home.)

I had originally set things up to consider home charges anything within 1 mile of your home address

I charge both at home and at work, I'd rather like to have charging totals / "money" for both (separately from Travel Charges)

For some reason my Home charges shows zero for October. Image below includes one of the home charges.

Also not sure how the monthly Efficiency %age calculates?

TeslaOct2016.jpg

I charge both at home and at work, I'd rather like to have charging totals / "money" for both (separately from Travel Charges)

For some reason my Home charges shows zero for October. Image below includes one of the home charges.

If you look under Settings at the bottom, do the GPS coordinates match your home address? Maybe it's showing Home as somewhere else?

As far as the efficiency, James is using the amount of energy the API reports being added to the car as the "added" number and multiplies some other API data together to get the "used" number. It's something like Volts times Amps times Phases, which is how it was calculated on TeslaLog from a post on that thread. If you have a 240 volt, 50 amp outlet at home, your efficiency at 92% seems pretty on par with what I get at the same output. I generally see 92-95% at home and 88-92% using public L2 charging (which is usually around 204 volts or so).

Reactions: Jdeck

View attachment 201290
I fixed your home charge issue. When you sign up I use a google api based on address entered to get the lat/long. Sometimes it's not very accurate so I had considered a home charge within 1 mile of those coordinates. A few posts up I had changed it to .5 miles which broke it for you. I manually edited your home lat/long and now it appears to be correct.

As far as the efficiency something looks like its wrong in my calculations for cars using typical range. I'll take a look at that.

@Jdeck - in the "Raw Data" tab is it possible to add SOC next to "battery_range"? Also what is rear_seat_type field and how do people use that? Finally, are the max and min_avail_temp in centigrade? Can it be shown or toggled in Fahrenheit?
Yes, I'll be working on the headers soon and will add that or give options to show what fields you want displayed.
I'm not sure what rear_seat_type is. It's from the new API fields added with 8.0. Maybe it's for the model X which just added rear folding seats?
I added that max and min_avail_temp just to show the data from the new 8.0 fields. It's the raw data straight from the API.

View attachment 201290
After a quick look I found a problem with the typical range loss additions for the month. It looks like your monthly efficiency is displaying a much more appropriate % now. I'll look into it in more depth tonight to make sure it's correct.

Reactions: hiroshiy
your efficiency at 92% seems pretty on par

Yeah, the per-trip is fine, its the monthly one at 6.3% that is concerning me :)

When you sign up I use a google api based on address entered to get the lat/long

In UK our postcode is normally pretty good as a location, because it was originally intended for the postman's delivery round so is a maximum of 20 - 30 houses / flats, and typically is much less than that, so typically just a few hundred yarrs along a street,

However, mine only covers about 6 houses, but they are all down the single no-through-road that Postie delivers to, but that road is a mile long! ... and the "pin-point" is halfway down the road, right in the middle of a cornfield with no houses anywhere near!

Perhaps "adjusting" the initial Google API location for the address to the actual GPS co-ords of where the person parks, when charging, might be a solution? Thanks for sorting mine out; your change to 0.5 miles meant my postcode location was then "out of range", but I hadn't connected the two things together.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and Fiver
Hi, @Jdeck , I think you still remember the Starting and Ending Ranges are not calculated correctly for JP and possibly EU cars. See attached ; my typical range left at the time of screenshot was approx 368km.View attachment 201171
Charges, sleeps and idles should now be displaying Typical range for appropriate cars. Let me know if I missed anything or messed anything up. Thanks.

Reactions: hiroshiy and Fiver
I have a question regarding the ODO data on the charge item.
In my case it shows 5'560.98 on the charge item and on the trip item I got ODO 8'997.72 (km).
What this number (5'560.98) represents ?

When charging, which number is the "purchased electricity": kWh used or kWh Added or sum of both ?

Thanks in advance for your advise.
BTW you have done a great job with this application

I have a question regarding the ODO data on the charge item.
In my case it shows 5'560.98 on the charge item and on the trip item I got ODO 8'997.72 (km).
What this number (5'560.98) represents ?

When charging, which number is the "purchased electricity": kWh used or kWh Added or sum of both ?

Thanks in advance for your advise.
BTW you have done a great job with this application

I recently added the odometer to the charge table per a couple requests and forgot to add the conversion to km. That should be corrected now.

The charging cost is based on the kWh used.

Thanks!