Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two related feature requests: Road Trip Summary / General Forum / TeslaFi and Map for a specified date range / General Forum / TeslaFi.

I'd love something like the calendar view but with selectable start and end dates.
This is on my shortlist of things to do as well as revamping the notifications and scheduling into one page. I've added a date range to the charge page and I started implementing it to the calendar page but it's much more in work including the drive info and charging info so it's taking a bit longer. Coming soon though.

The temperature page uses the average temperature of the entire drive from the first drive (or reverse) datapoint to the last park datapoint. I just tested tested it by identifying the one drive I have with an average temperature below 0 F but started at 15 F in my garage. It shows in the -10 to 0 F section of my graph and has an average temperature of -0.4 F. I can look into this for you if you want to open a ticket in the help section of TeslaFi so I can get your username and car id. You can also email me at [email protected] as well with your username and the drive(s) in question. I'm guessing it's some issue with the drive or the cached data in your account but I'll take a look.

Average temp shows -1.5F. I'll open a ticket.

The car waking up after an hour is because the overheat protection is enabled.
Have you figured it out?
My 12/2017 X won’t fall asleep at all!
Yesterday I changed tesla.com password and then signed in for a new token on TeslaFi only. I did log out of remote S prior and haven’t logged back in to give it new password.
Theb I did a reset via 2 scroll wheels of main display/computer.

I have no interior/exterior temp boxes checked
In the X I have:
Energy save mode ON
always connected OFF
Interior overheat protection OFF

I moved our key fobs to opposite side of the house too, just in case.

is there any chance my iPhone Bluetooth or the tesla app on my iPhone is causing this? I didn’t access the app or TeslaFi after 10:30PM until 4AM.

I opened a ticket on TeslaFi and he noted everything looks good on the website but sees car won’t sleep.

I know a new update is coming but our car has slept no matter what since we got it, per TeslaFi.

TIA

Tonight I’m going to turn off TeslaFi and see if our overnight range loss improves. Unless I get some other ideas.

Attachments

• F7224831-0533-4B52-8C49-F29418FC3328.png
    F7224831-0533-4B52-8C49-F29418FC3328.png
    510.7 KB · Views: 62
Have you figured it out?
My 12/2017 X won’t fall asleep at all!
Yesterday I changed tesla.com password and then signed in for a new token on TeslaFi only. I did log out of remote S prior and haven’t logged back in to give it new password.
Theb I did a reset via 2 scroll wheels of main display/computer.

I have no interior/exterior temp boxes checked
In the X I have:
Energy save mode ON
always connected OFF
Interior overheat protection OFF

I moved our key fobs to opposite side of the house too, just in case.

is there any chance my iPhone Bluetooth or the tesla app on my iPhone is causing this? I didn’t access the app or TeslaFi after 10:30PM until 4AM.

I opened a ticket on TeslaFi and he noted everything looks good on the website but sees car won’t sleep.

I know a new update is coming but our car has slept no matter what since we got it, per TeslaFi.

TIA

Tonight I’m going to turn off TeslaFi and see if our overnight range loss improves. Unless I get some other ideas.
Just my 2 cents. In my experience, I had an occasion that one of the apps using Tesla API with wrong password did affect sleep behavior, effectively causing the car not to sleep. So I would recommend:
Open all Tesla API apps (including the official one) and close the app, to make sure it's not loaded
Uninstall the app if it works in the background, even after the app is closed

To close the app on iPhone, swipe from bottom to display app switcher, long tap the app, then tap minus sign to close. On Android, press task button, then press X button or swipe right.

You want at least the Outside Temperature Reading box checked in TeslaFi settings. That actually puts the car to sleep faster than the standard 15 min polling gap, and without the gap in data collection. I don't think that will make a difference in the OP case, so either it's a bug or we have more to learn.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone
You want at least the Outside Temperature Reading box checked in TeslaFi settings. That actually puts the car to sleep faster than the standard 15 min polling gap, and without the gap in data collection. I don't think that will make a difference in the OP case, so either it's a bug or we have more to learn.

I think it wrote it poorly. I have both (inside/outside) of the temperature readings checked on TeslaFi. This is what we want right?

Ok I’ll post one more ?
Let’s say I decide to ‘disconnect’ TeslaFi
How will I know if my car actually went to sleep?
Simply that when I go to get into the car that it takes the 10-20” to boot up?
Or should I also expect to see a reduction in vampire drain overnight?

My issue is that I lose about 1 mile per hour it’s idle. Not quite but had 1 day where we didn’t drive it for 24 hours and lost 20 miles just sitting in the garage. It was a steady loss of range over that time frame.

Ok I’ll post one more ?
Let’s say I decide to ‘disconnect’ TeslaFi
How will I know if my car actually went to sleep?
Simply that when I go to get into the car that it takes the 10-20” to boot up?
Or should I also expect to see a reduction in vampire drain overnight?

My issue is that I lose about 1 mile per hour it’s idle. Not quite but had 1 day where we didn’t drive it for 24 hours and lost 20 miles just sitting in the garage. It was a steady loss of range over that time frame.
Did you actually read other people's posts? What kind of apps or websites that uses Tesla account have you used before? In my experience even after you change Tesla account password those apps with expired token (wrong password) could prevent the car to sleep. That's the first thing you have to check. Also, this includes official Tesla app. I mean, if you keep it open, then the car NEVER sleeps, waiting for your command.

>How will I know if my car actually went to sleep?
>Simply that when I go to get into the car that it takes the 10-20” to boot up?

TeslaFi is only one of a few apps that let's the car to sleep. Without TeslaFi, you wouldn't know whether the car is asleep or not, unless you wake it up.
As you mentioned, if the car takes a long time to boot, then the car WAS asleep but now awake.

>Or should I also expect to see a reduction in vampire drain overnight?

Yes. The rated range consumption (vampire drain) should be a few miles per day at most, possibly 2-3.

Did you actually read other people's posts? What kind of apps or websites that uses Tesla account have you used before? In my experience even after you change Tesla account password those apps with expired token (wrong password) could prevent the car to sleep. That's the first thing you have to check. Also, this includes official Tesla app. I mean, if you keep it open, then the car NEVER sleeps, waiting for your command.

>How will I know if my car actually went to sleep?
>Simply that when I go to get into the car that it takes the 10-20” to boot up?

TeslaFi is only one of a few apps that let's the car to sleep. Without TeslaFi, you wouldn't know whether the car is asleep or not, unless you wake it up.
As you mentioned, if the car takes a long time to boot, then the car WAS asleep but now awake.

>Or should I also expect to see a reduction in vampire drain overnight?

Yes. The rated range consumption (vampire drain) should be a few miles per day at most, possibly 2-3.
Yeah trust me I’ve read a ton about f posts but not all 60+ pages.
I just wasn’t sure if any other way to know if car slept however I was pretty confident it was only either via app or to see a sig reduction in range loss. Because my next step if car wouldn’t sleep was to disconnect TeslaFi by changing password again. Thankfully I waited one more day

My car finally slept last night per TeslaFi, range loss was .33 miles over 3 hours. However it woke up at 1:30AM while I’m sleeping, and has lost almost 4 miles in 4 hours since.......
First time our X has slept since we bought it.
My range loss for yesterday was 11 miles in 20 hours of idle time, but it was plugged in for 5 of those hours.

The only other app I know I signed up for was remote S. After I changed password on tesla i signed out of that app -already couldn’t connect- and deleted it from iPhone. That was Sunday, seems it took 2 days for at least that to disconnect.

I actually just turned off background app refresh on my iPhone. Will see if that makes any difference tonight.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Yeah trust me I’ve read a ton about f posts but not all 60+ pages.
I just wasn’t sure if any other way to know if car slept however I was pretty confident it was only either via app or to see a sig reduction in range loss. Because my next step if car wouldn’t sleep was to disconnect TeslaFi by changing password again. Thankfully I waited one more day

My car finally slept last night per TeslaFi, range loss was .33 miles over 3 hours. However it woke up at 1:30AM while I’m sleeping, and has lost almost 4 miles in 4 hours since.......
First time our X has slept since we bought it.
My range loss for yesterday was 11 miles in 20 hours of idle time, but it was plugged in for 5 of those hours.

The only other app I know I signed up for was remote S. After I changed password on tesla i signed out of that app -already couldn’t connect- and deleted it from iPhone. That was Sunday, seems it took 2 days for at least that to disconnect.

I actually just turned off background app refresh on my iPhone. Will see if that makes any difference tonight.
So you quit Tesla official app and uninstalled Remote S, and that seemed to work.

Another thing I can recall is the 12V drain or 12V battery getting weak. The reason why the car woke up only after four hours is, I guess, if without any apps poking Tesla APIs, 12V battery voltage became too low.
Do you have something active at night on 12V like dashcams? Can you disconnect for one night and see what happens? Also your 12V could be weaker and can't hold enough charge after getting cold at night.

I think it wrote it poorly. I have both (inside/outside) of the temperature readings checked on TeslaFi. This is what we want right?

If you haven't already tried this - uncheck both of those temperature options and see what happens. That was suggested previously in this thread and it worked perfectly for me. I haven't yet tried to have just outside temp checked but will take a shot at that.

• Helpful
If you haven't already tried this - uncheck both of those temperature options and see what happens. That was suggested previously in this thread and it worked perfectly for me. I haven't yet tried to have just outside temp checked but will take a shot at that.
I may have been the one that suggested this settings change. It helped my car sleep more. Or at least I perceived it as helping, and that is what matters.

• Helpful
@SG57, tested the new build in my environment. Tomorrow I'll test "change charge level at the same time turning on Smart Charging", but today, Smart Charging wasn't able to wake the car up and generated errors like before. Today I set the car to finish charging by 5:30p, but when I checked the car with Dashboard app at 5:40p, it was still sleeping and just woke up.

• Informative
Reactions: SG57
@hiroshiy , unsure if you meant to post this in the TeslaFi thread and not the Dashboard for Tesla thread, but I'll respond.

Did you turn on smart charging logging by any chance? The log file would be incredibly helpful for troubleshooting. I suspect since you are working with a sleeping Tesla that it's an error case I'm struggling to reproduce. Also, in the car's settings do you have the "Always connected" setting enabled or disabled?

• Helpful