Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And how does the Tesla API know if the car is sleeping?
- Does the Tesla API connects to the car time to time to check the status of the car?
Tesla uses an API Data call that returns the sleep state of the car without affecting the cars state. One that won't prevent the vehicle from sleeping and it won't wake the vehicle if it's asleep. (from the Teslafi knowledgebase).

Reactions: Watts_Up
So this is a normal drop at TeslaFi after changing from 19" to 21" wheels?
Of course the real world range drops with bigger wheels but now it looks like my battery is in "bad" condition compared to others.

Did I miss a setting or this is normal?

2023 MS LR (odo 2633km / ~1636 miles).

teslafi.jpg

Of course the real world range drops with bigger wheels but now it looks like my battery is in "bad" condition compared to others.

View attachment 966966
Did the guess o meter on the dash change? I’m pretty sure mine dropped when changing from 19 to 21, but never improved when I sent back to 19 two years later.

The reason I signed up for Teslafi was to observe if the car is actually sleeping when it's supposed to be sleeping. Does Teslafi have a way to do this without constantly waking up the vehicle?

The settings in Teslafi are a bit unclear. I did read the section on vampire loss, and I have cabin overheat off on my Model 3. Just signed up for Teslafi and I'm noticing that the car is woken up every 15 minutes, then sleeping for 15 minutes, then getting woken up for 15 minutes... I think this might be Teslafi rather than an existing behavior.

View attachment 966966
Does changing the wheel setting in the car affect your miles prediction on the dash? I always have the display on our S in % rather than miles.

The reason I signed up for Teslafi was to observe if the car is actually sleeping when it's supposed to be sleeping. Does Teslafi have a way to do this without constantly waking up the vehicle?

The settings in Teslafi are a bit unclear. I did read the section on vampire loss, and I have cabin overheat off on my Model 3. Just signed up for Teslafi and I'm noticing that the car is woken up every 15 minutes, then sleeping for 15 minutes, then getting woken up for 15 minutes... I think this might be Teslafi rather than an existing behavior.
This works for me:

1692625220209.png

Did the guess o meter on the dash change? I’m pretty sure mine dropped when changing from 19 to 21, but never improved when I sent back to 19 two years later.
Yes, it changed.
This is of course understandable and OK but since TeslaFi is supposed to be (?) calculating battery degragation / estimated 100% charge I think this gives a bit false information based on others with 19" wheels.

Reactions: AAKEE
Does changing the wheel setting in the car affect your miles prediction on the dash? I always have the display on our S in % rather than miles.
Yes, it changes.

I also always use %-values so it does not matter that much and of course I understand lower range with 21" wheels but battery degregation figures are in that TeslaFi picture/calculation a bit odd. One of the reasons I use TeslaFi is to track degragation (even though its based on BMS) and to compare to others. But currectly and with those figures it is pretty much useless. Never had this with my old MS facelift or with my other Model 3.
Maybe this is because there are so few new MS LR in their database?

Just to remind you that the recommended "Time to try sleeping" is a minimum of 15 minutes. It's in the text under "Time to try sleeping".
The tweaks didn't really change the sleep-idle pattern.

I guess what I'd really love to see is a time log of any polling of the car during a 24 hour period. Does Teslafi have a way to pull such a log? Then I could match up my sleep, idle and drive times and see what is causing the car to shift into each mode.

The tweaks didn't really change the sleep-idle pattern.

I guess what I'd really love to see is a time log of any polling of the car during a 24 hour period. Does Teslafi have a way to pull such a log? Then I could match up my sleep, idle and drive times and see what is causing the car to shift into each mode.
teslafi has a log of its polling. It’s called raw data download in one of the settings menus.

None of these apps have access to any logs within the car.

And the apps only make sleeping less likely. There is no sleep now call. They just pause polling for a while and hope.

Who do we have to beg at TeslaFi to get degradation graphs based on age instead of miles driven? At least for LFP cells, there is practically zero correlation between miles driven and degradation.... it's almost purely based on age / calendar degradation. The same is probably true of NCA and NCM cells. The current fleet degradation graphs and comparisons are completely useless and will tell you you're doing great if you drive a lot of miles and terrible if you drive few miles.

TeslaFi would have to parse manufacture date from the VIN, allow users to enter it or delivery date, or only include cars connected to TeslaFi within the first 500 miles on the odometer or something, but it should be possible.

View attachment 966966
I made a report to teslafi about that issue.

The displayed range of the car changes with changed wheels in the service menu.

What you see is that change in displayed range between the wheels.

Reactions: JzCastle
I made a report to teslafi about that issue.

The displayed range of the car changes with changed wheels in the service menu.

What you see is that change in displayed range between the wheels.
Personally, when I changed wheel sizes, the range in the dash did not change.

I also noticed I could not change “styles” in the same size and have it appear on the dash. I had to change diameter and style at the same time (I messed up the first time I switched back to 19” and had to change to 21 and then back). It’s pretty flakey.

Personally, when I changed wheel sizes, the range in the dash did not change.

I also noticed I could not change “styles” in the same size and have it appear on the dash. I had to change diameter and style at the same time (I messed up the first time I switched back to 19” and had to change to 21 and then back). It’s pretty flakey.
What car do you have?

Its only the one having a EPA test for each wheel set that charbge the displayed range.

MS Plaid is tested and show 348 miles with 21” and 396 miles with 19”, with a non degraded battery.

What charging efficiency are folks getting on L2 charging? I haven't installed L2 yet but Teslafi is showing 85% efficiency or so (eg Used 11.80 kWh Added 10.10 kWh) for L1 which actually seems kind of decent for L1. How accurate is the "Used" number?

2017 s100d. Had factory 19” slipstream. Then moved to factory arachnids. Then back once that rubber wore out.
Some cars do not change the displayed range when changing wheels in the menu.
I’m quite sure it is a newer thing, like 2020 and on, so older cars in most cases do not do that. I think there need to be EPA tests of each set selectable in the service menu to get a changed range displayed.