Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla does not have something similar. TeslaFi is definitely not needed, but if you want the data and to track everything, it's very cool to have. Just use it as much as possible during the free trial and decide if you want to pay. Or just pay the $50 and you have a whole year to decide if you want to pay $50 again to keep using it. I don't use it every day, but having that data available to me is nice when I want it.

Especially the lifetime map :)

upload_2020-8-4_10-3-27.png

Reactions: house9 and CMc1
Is TeslaFi worth $50 a year?

Does tesla not have something similar and is it really needed?
yes and no :D

You could use Teslamate to collect your data - @DaveW has a great guide to set it up on google cloud and its free (Just need to buy a cheap website address - cost me like £2)

I use Tasker (plus Tesla addon) on my android phone (Google phone) to do schedules and quick buttons - cost about £5 ish to purchase the apps

Reactions: bhanorthy
Is TeslaFi worth $50 a year?

Does tesla not have something similar and is it really needed?
If you think there's a possibility you'll use it then you should set it up on day 1 in order to track the lifetime of the car and its journeys.

Use someone's referral, run it for a month for free then cancel/subscribe depending on how useful you find it.

Reactions: pow216
yes and no :D

You could use Teslamate to collect your data - @DaveW has a great guide to set it up on google cloud and its free (Just need to buy a cheap website address - cost me like £2)

I use Tasker (plus Tesla addon) on my android phone (Google phone) to do schedules and quick buttons - cost about £5 ish to purchase the apps

+1 on TeslaMate. I used to have TeslaFi, moved to TeslaMate and the visualisations are far nicer.

Reactions: Durzel
Charged the car to 90% overnight as we have a near 200 mile journey later today. When checking on Teslafi I get information as per screenshot

Rated range to Estimated range show a 33% discrepancy. I will be passing SC so not absolutely 'life threatening' but how can there be this amount of variation between the two? Any suggestions/information would be appreciated:eek:

2020-08-30 (2).png

Attachments

• 2020-08-30 (2).png
    2020-08-30 (2).png
    138.3 KB · Views: 58
Rated range to Estimated range show a 33% discrepancy. I will be passing SC so not absolutely 'life threatening' but how can there be this amount of variation between the two? Any suggestions/information would be appreciated:eek:

They aren't the same thing. Rated range is on the assumption that car is driven at the same Wh/mile as the EPA test. The estimated range is if the car was driven with the same Wh/mile as your last 15 miles. I never really pay much attention to either, just stick your destination in and it'll tell you what you should arrive with, and is far more accurate as it now knows the roads, elevation etc. that you'll be driving on. If it's a long journey compare yourself on the energy graph.

When remote access is enabled which is normally shortly before getting acquainted with the car. Its the same point that the app gets access too.

I registered and setup the night before and turned off polling until we got remote access.

But others have experienced a different sequence of events.