Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great service!

One small bug: On the "Car Info" page the P85D badge is linked incorrectly. It tries to show the badge "img/vehicle-badges/p85dplus.svg" which does not exist. The correct badge for my car "img/vehicle-badges/p85d.svg" does however exist.

gYRBLvu.png

Attachments

• 67SAJXq.png
    67SAJXq.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Hi, thank you for your great app! I signed up yesterday and wondered why it shows much higher range than actual. For example currently my car finished charging a few hours ago with 80% settings, Typical Range (same as European cars) of 301km. However, TeslaLog shows 375km of range.

I think Tesla inverted the value from rated range and ideal range for their European car... I'll have to look into it. I store both value, so it would be just a question to display the right one.

But in the Tracking page, that value is hardcoded from calculation based on the % of the battery, so that range will never be precise (Though, I guess I could make it better by using the per car/region value for rated, or query every minute or so the battery state to see it value... Ok, I might do that in the future hehe).

Really great work, mochouinard! Thanks so much for providing this service!

I did find something that I expect you may want to take a look at. Below is a screen capture from my charge last night. I did not add 491 rated miles. And I don't believe TeslaLog could just be grabbing something like "Ideal Miles" instead of rated miles, because the number is just way too big. (I added somewhere around 160 rated miles.)

TeslaLog - Charging Miles Wrong.jpg

Thanks again! I'm really looking forward to using TeslaLog!

Really great work, mochouinard! Thanks so much for providing this service!

I did find something that I expect you may want to take a look at. Below is a screen capture from my charge last night. I did not add 491 rated miles. And I don't believe TeslaLog could just be grabbing something like "Ideal Miles" instead of rated miles, because the number is just way too big. (I added somewhere around 160 rated miles.)

View attachment 106604

Thanks again! I'm really looking forward to using TeslaLog!

Haha, k that is my error ! I started changed in the code in how to handle Metric / Dark Ages system to support the 2 different temp/distance settings in the car and I just copied the Temperature calculation to the distance and didn't change the math behind it :) So the value you see is actually the Fahrenheit conversion from the Celsius value :)

The correct value should now be displayed !

Haha, k that is my error ! I started changed in the code in how to handle Metric / Dark Ages system to support the 2 different temp/distance settings in the car and I just copied the Temperature calculation to the distance and didn't change the math behind it :) So the value you see is actually the Fahrenheit conversion from the Celsius value :)

The correct value should now be displayed !

You are SO funny... when I read your posts, I mentally add a slight French Canadian accent. Keep up the great work!

I think Tesla inverted the value from rated range and ideal range for their European car... I'll have to look into it. I store both value, so it would be just a question to display the right one.

But in the Tracking page, that value is hardcoded from calculation based on the % of the battery, so that range will never be precise (Though, I guess I could make it better by using the per car/region value for rated, or query every minute or so the battery state to see it value... Ok, I might do that in the future hehe).

OK that makes sense. So I'm seeing my Ideal range. As you might already know...

US car: Ideal 250Wh/m, Rated 300Wh/m
Euro/Japan car: Rated 250Wh/m, Typical 320Wh/m

I noticed today that in the reports/charge levels it's saying that at 90% today my range is 375 but the car is showing 377? Furthermore in the logs section it says 377

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 12.09.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 12.07.58 PM.png

BTW, I love this. Great work.....

Last edited:
I noticed today that in the reports/charge levels it's saying that at 90% today my range is 375 but the car is showing 377?

I could be mistaken, but I'm guessing that could easily be the difference between you having range mode on, and also having already lost a bit due to vampire loss, and the car showing the number with range mode off. So at the time the charge actually completed, the report might have shown 375, the car with range mode off would have shown 375, and the car with range mode on might have shown 379 or 378.

I find this service 'valuable' (actually more interesting than valuable) and would be willing to pay something. Given the uncertainty of the API (Tesla could revoke access/make changes at any time), I think a monthly fee is a better option than a one off payment (avoiding customers of yours looking for refunds if Tesla were to make changes that broke your service). As for how much I would pay.. a couple of dollars a month wouldn't be a problem. $5/month would make me stop and think, not sure if I get enough out of it myself at that price to justify it. Of course, you need to recover your costs (and make something). Once again, thanks for the amazing service. I signed up quite some time ago... didn't really use it for several months, but lately have found myself checking out trends, and am glad I have many months of data tucked away.

I just registered for the site yesterday and so far I'm really impressed, this is awesome work and very valuable. I'd also be willing to pay for it, probably up to $5 a month.

Thanks mochouinard!

Can't get it to work. Invalid key.
Tried to re register to get a new key, says email already in system. Tried to email to fix it, rejected but email bounced back. Can you make this into a Apple app so it will work without having to be a coder. Thanks,

Wow that's rude. Its a free app, made with spare time. You can hire someone to make you an app.

I agree with Kalud that the above is out of line, considering TeslaLog is provided at no cost, at least for now. Even so, I'll attempt to help, mainly so mochouinard doesn't have to.

It sounds like you may be confusing your email address for the site and your MyTesla email address. The site requires one address to register, but then you need to use your MyTesla ID and password for the token generation.

Considering that you are the only person that has reported having a problem with this, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "user error" rather than any problem with the site.

I noticed today that in the reports/charge levels it's saying that at 90% today my range is 375 but the car is showing 377? Furthermore in the logs section it says 377

View attachment 106744

View attachment 106743

BTW, I love this. Great work.....

For the 90% charge, I take the lowest 90% charge value registered (versus 100% where I take the highest).

Charging higher than 90% would show a higher value in the 90% range before it switch to 91%.

I might do a version in the future where the SOC is set to 90% and the charge is complete and show the max number there, but the goal of that page was to display change overtime of the charge limit.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't get it to work. Invalid key.
Tried to re register to get a new key, says email already in system. Tried to email to fix it, rejected but email bounced back. Can you make this into a Apple app so it will work without having to be a coder. Thanks,

You can try this to generate a new key and reset your password : https://teslalog.com/lostpassword.html

You can PM your email used if it not working still.