Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It used to be very accurate, but if you go in reverse in your car, tesla introduced a bug that actually move your car forward instead of backward. So until tesla fix that, there is not much I can do.

Oh that's rich. I guess I'm turning this feature off for now! :) Let us know when they fix it, if you notice? Thanks.

Also I could try to check if the 2 minute before you park the car had HVAC on or off, but if you turn it off before putting into park, that probably won't be detected.

I think that's a great idea and would cover MOST situations.

Thanks again, LOVE the app!

Oh that's rich. I guess I'm turning this feature off for now! :) Let us know when they fix it, if you notice? Thanks.
I think that's a great idea and would cover MOST situations.
Thanks again, LOVE the app!
Well it only going to give the distance you back-up, so in most case it not a big deal, but you might want to increase the range of your zone because of it if you want to be detected within a zone.

If you go in the track page, you should see it move. I do store it position, but I create new trip when the car go into drive and stop it when it go to park. So it why you don't see it, but there is data being recorded. Not sure how or if I should find a way to display that data or nit
Track does not show me any sign of the car having moved. I just see on the map that it's in its new location.

am I missing something that I need to do to see the journey track?

And shouldn't Logs at least have a line to show the car moved?

let me stress it's a great application and I think it not too important to fix this arcane case. It might, however, be useful if a car was stolen and shipped on a trailer!

Track does not show me any sign of the car having moved. I just see on the map that it's in its new location.

am I missing something that I need to do to see the journey track?

And shouldn't Logs at least have a line to show the car moved?

let me stress it's a great application and I think it not too important to fix this arcane case. It might, however, be useful if a car was stolen and shipped on a trailer!

As I said, the data is probably stored, it just not link to a Logs trip. But while it being moved, you should see it move in the Track page like it show on your android application.

If the car is stolen, contact me and I'll get the data out of the DB :)

As I said, the data is probably stored, it just not link to a Logs trip. But while it being moved, you should see it move in the Track page like it show on your android application.
Thank you. It is a great application.

The one thing i struggle with is seeing the track of a journey. The map comes up with no clear indication of where the car has been and is much harder to read than a normal google map. Is there some setting I should be using that would highlight the track and make the map more readable? getting younger eyes is sadly no longer an option.....

today again time-line axis damaged. Today no CAN-bus testing :wink:
Thank you very much for next analysis -> link

bad_timeline.jpg

Here is the first of hopefully many global stats !

Ok it might not be the one your interested into... But it the one I had fun doing today :)

Tesla Logs - Global Version History

No account required to view this page.

That's a nice addition, Marc. Thanks!

Just wondering, though...any reason you're not showing the full version number? 7.1...., 7.0...., 6.2...., 6.1...? I think it would be helpful, as I don't recall which versions were 7.0 vs 7.1 versions, and while I could look them up, there doesn't really seem any reason not to include them is there?

Edit: I may have partially answered my own question. Checking the firmware upgrade tracker, and Visible Tesla, it looks like the car may report the "Build", but not the "Version." But the version information is available from the upgrade tracker, so you could just add the appropriate versions information once, from there, I would think.

Edit 2:
6.1 includes 2.2.92 through 2.2.200
6.2 includes 101.32.4 through 101.69.2 and 2.4.124 through 2.5.85
7.0 includes 2.10.10 through 2.10.26 and 2.7.40 through 2.9.77
7.1 includes .12.126 and 102.38.13 and 2.10.56 through 2.12.126 and 2.9.68 through 2.9.172

Last edited:
This site is so great. Thanks, mochouinard, for putting this together and improving it so often! I've been using it since the day after I picked up my Model S and have enjoyed analyzing data.

I noticed in post #221 you didn't have any plans to report on vampire loss but add me to any list for those who would like to see that data (if possible).

Do you have any plans to notify users when you add new functionality/reporting, or should we just be following this thread to keep up to date?

Here is the first of hopefully many global stats !

Ok it might not be the one your interested into... But it the one I had fun doing today :)

Tesla Logs - Global Version History

No account required to view this page.
Very interesting - thank you.

as you can see the software version for each car, could you show it in the list of the car's specification to save me going out to the can when I want to check my latest version number?