Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I make mention of this every time I see an Audi in a movie. Of course, I tell my wife that Hollywood won't want a model S for a while because they can't get the deep bass rumble of the vroom vroom ICE, which stirs the audience in the theater.

Nah, they'll just loop in some ICE sounds. :rolleyes:

I remember when my hybrid showed up on a TV show I watched at the time; they played a standard ICE ignition sound even though the vehicle is totally silent in reality when starting up.

My friend just showed me that the 50 shades of grey trailer starts with a silver model s

Yeah, but not really. I'm honestly a little embarrassed to know this but they leading male role for the film was literally refilled yesterday (original guy quit). As as excuse I'll just say that our office manager is a little obsessed so I get to hear all the news when I arrive in the morning.

Nope. Door handles:

CaptAmericaTrailerUK_CarFlip.jpg

My friend just showed me that the 50 shades of grey trailer starts with a silver model s

Yeah, but not really. I'm honestly a little embarrassed to know this but they leading male role for the film was literally refilled yesterday (original guy quit). As as excuse I'll just say that our office manager is a little obsessed so I get to hear all the news when I arrive in the morning.
It appears to be a Fan (?) Trailer (with the aforementioned wrong male lead). For academic purposes only :wink::

Fifty Shades Of Grey - Unofficial Trailer [ Charlie Hunnam Dakota Johnson ] - YouTube

And, I haven’t read any of the books, but given the – shall we say – rather mixed and polarized reviews, I’m personally hoping Tesla sits this one out…

Also: There appears to be a parallel thread here: Tesla Model S in the Movies and TV...

Last edited:
Model S in "House of Lies" S3E03 last night

Just thought I'd share the Black on Black with Grey 21's that was in last night's episode of House of Lies with Don Cheadle, he is also a model S owner himself. He appears to be driving two different cars, one with Grey 21's and one with the Silver 21's, both pictured here.
Screenshot 2014-01-20 12.56.43.png
Screenshot 2014-01-20 12.57.38.png

Wow. I haven't seen s03e03 yet (hmm... oddly familiar format for episode numbering, Hussain :tongue:), buti I've noticed in the season opener in Don's monologue he mentioned the Model S. The line at 5:39 was: "Everything is beautiful, baby! The economy is in recovery! Jobs just falling out the sky. Nobody wants for anything! Another round of drinks and a shiny new Tesla for all my friends, right? Wrong."

Now as for s03e03, this might just be the first shot of a Model S in a TV show. Nice! :) Keep them coming!

Wow. I haven't seen s03e03 yet (hmm... oddly familiar format for episode numbering, Hussain :tongue:), buti I've noticed in the season opener in Don's monologue he mentioned the Model S. The line at 5:39 was: "Everything is beautiful, baby! The economy is in recovery! Jobs just falling out the sky. Nobody wants for anything! Another round of drinks and a shiny new Tesla for all my friends, right? Wrong."

Now as for s03e03, this might just be the first shot of a Model S in a TV show. Nice! :) Keep them coming!

Lol at the numbering of the episode. I think this is the first iteration of a model S on screen as well.

Episode 4 at the end probably has the longest on screen footage of it. They get in the car and have an entire conversation while he is driving it.

you can tell that they are not being paid to stick this car in the show (not that, that was even in question). Like it was so low profile in the episode like they were trying to hide it haha! It didn't even dawn on me what it was until he was driving away, and you saw the back taillight. But like you get no screenshots of the dash or anything.

anyway, always enjoy it when they slip it into an episode :) In case anyone was wandering, in a lot of shows to save money on budgeting they use either crew or actor vehicles, unless they get sponsored by a company. In this case Don Cheadle is driving his own car ;)