Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor TeslaSpy.com - Know your tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Jordi,

I started testing your service this morning night.

My MX is basically narcoleptic. It usually falls asleep as soon as I turn my head. And it sleeps the whole day at the office whenever it finishes charging.

However, since I activated Teslaspy, my car hasn't slept even one minute. I do have the sleep setting enabled. I saw it several times trying to (according to Teslaspy) but it never really got to sleep.

Any thoughts ?

EDIT: My car has MCU2

Abraham

New feature: added charts to see battery degradation:

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-02 a las 18.37.34.png

You can see the estimated range in three series: range data at 100%, extrapolated range data at 80-89% and finally at extrapolated data at 90-99%. You can activate/deactivate the series to view only selected data

My car has lost 5.23 km since january 2018.

• Funny
Reactions: mike25
Hi guys,

I have been using TeslaSpy right after my drive from the delivery center. One of the usecases for me was to keep a database of businesstrips. After my first 4000km I decided to check the list and noticed that there are gaps in the odometer between registred drives.

Overall the lost kilometers seem to be a bit more than 6% of the overall odometer milage as of today. Is this something that other users see as well? I have added an pdf of my trips without the actual locations, it does show the steps in odometer where yellow marked steps have a gap less than 5km and red are =>5km

Thanks,

Alex

Attachments

• TeslaSpy km test.pdf
    46.6 KB · Views: 49
Hi Alex,

if your car is in "put to sleep" (this is, teslaspy is no fetching data from your car during 15 minutes to let it sleep), and you init a drive, during this few minutes the init of the drive or charge will be lost. See the attached example graph for my car:

Captura de pantalla 2019-07-08 a las 14.49.22.png

If you want to be sure that all data is captured, you have to disable the enhanced sleep mode on teslaspy, so teslaspy will fetch data from your car every minute (with sleep mode off, you car will be online all the time).

If you want more info you can mail me at [email protected]

regards

• Informative
Reactions: frank-datank
Just bought a 75D and came across this thread. This is very interesting and after reading every single post on this thread, I decided its worth it to try out the app.

Kudos to you @toticdqs for developing this app! I'm sure this has taken tons and tons of hours to get to this stage. I'm looking forward to using it and learning more about my gadget. :) A Tesla is almost like a gadget - a very useful one ofcourse.

I have two newbie questions:
  1. How can I start using the charge function so that I can start to see how much it costs to charge the car? I plug in my car during off-peak hours and the rate is 7.7¢/kWh. Does this show a lifetime cost? How will the app know when I am being charged and not (home vs. supercharger - I have free supercharging for life)
  2. I want to test the 0 - 60 Mph time. Do I just go to the browser in the car and click on start run? Can this be done any other way other than using the browser in the car?
Thanks!

Just bought a 75D and came across this thread. This is very interesting and after reading every single post on this thread, I decided its worth it to try out the app.

Kudos to you @toticdqs for developing this app! I'm sure this has taken tons and tons of hours to get to this stage. I'm looking forward to using it and learning more about my gadget. :) A Tesla is almost like a gadget - a very useful one ofcourse.

I have two newbie questions:
  1. How can I start using the charge function so that I can start to see how much it costs to charge the car? I plug in my car during off-peak hours and the rate is 7.7¢/kWh. Does this show a lifetime cost? How will the app know when I am being charged and not (home vs. supercharger - I have free supercharging for life)
  2. I want to test the 0 - 60 Mph time. Do I just go to the browser in the car and click on start run? Can this be done any other way other than using the browser in the car?
Thanks!

Hi @SilverGS

for every charge location, you can setup a kWh price. To do this, click on the "tag address" button and then for this location you can enter a name, a radius to "snap" nearby locations, and a price per kWh:

Captura de pantalla 2019-07-11 a las 8.48.18.png

In the "Charge summary" page, you'll find a lot of information about charges:

Captura de pantalla 2019-07-11 a las 8.54.45.png

Charts of energy added, time charging, cost, charge map, monthly data, weekly data, averages, etc, there are 16 different charts with different info in this page

To do the 0-60 mph time, you can use your mobile phone or tablet. I have a 2017 75D and the browser sometimes is very slow...

regards

jordi

Reactions: SilverGS
@toticdqs I'm having two issues with the app.
  1. Drive report. It appears that 50% of the time it does not correctly report my starting location. As an example, when I leave work, it does not report the correct location till I've driven for about 5 km. Sometimes it does the same thing when I leave home to go to work - it does not start the drive report till I've joined the highway which is about 5 km from my house.
  2. I've also noticed that my battery drain is quite significant now since I installed the app. I'm losing about 10 to 15 km of range per day. A couple of days in the week I don't drive to work and I don't understand why I'm losing so much range per day now. The enhanced sleep mode toggle is turned on in the app. Not sure if I'm missing something else.

Hi @SilverGS,

please check the Sleep Analyzer page to see if your car is sleeping at any time. If not, maybe you start a drive when teslaspy is not fetching data during 15 minutes to let your car sleep. This way the init of a drive or charge can be lost.

Captura de pantalla 2019-08-01 a las 13.34.21.png

The 10-15 km battery drain is reported by teslaspy, or checked "manually" by you in your odometer? If it's reported by teslaspy, please be aware to check the "confidence level" of this battery drain, specially if you started a drive when the car is in "put to sleep", the energy of this initial drive can be added to battery drain, and the "confidence level" is low.

Captura de pantalla 2019-08-01 a las 13.35.47.png

Please send me you username to [email protected] to dive in

jordi

Hi @SilverGS,

please check the Sleep Analyzer page to see if your car is sleeping at any time. If not, maybe you start a drive when teslaspy is not fetching data during 15 minutes to let your car sleep. This way the init of a drive or charge can be lost.
jordi
I'm actually ok with this now, I'd rather the car sleep instead and not lose range by staying awake all the time for TeslaSpy

The 10-15 km battery drain is reported by teslaspy, or checked "manually" by you in your odometer? If it's reported by teslaspy, please be aware to check the "confidence level" of this battery drain, specially if you started a drive when the car is in "put to sleep", the energy of this initial drive can be added to battery drain, and the "confidence level" is low.

Please send me you username to [email protected] to dive in

jordi
For the range lost, I'm getting that from the car itself, not TeslaSply app. I'm also good with this now since I enabled the power save mode in settings of the car itself, the range loss is minimal now. For example, the car was charged to 353 km last night and when I left home this morning after 14 hours since it was charged to 355, it had lost only 5 km.

Hi!
Ive been trying both Teslafi and Teslaspy. I used them both on two trips, and compared the statistics. Teslaspy reports a very low max-speed (90kph where It actually was around 105kph). I only peaked to 105 for short times, so my guess is that it has to do with polling frequency. Teslafi seems to poll Every ~3 seconds when driving. How often does Teslaspy poll while driving?

I also have noticed with the tunable sleep settings of Teslafi that my MCU1 car sometimes takes up to 55 minutes to get to sleep, so the 15minutes interval of Teslaspy seems a bit short. Would it be an option to make this tunable as well?

CFB61857-DBD6-4DD2-A0CD-2DDBC4C39EE0.png

Last edited:
Hi!
Ive been trying both Teslafi and Teslaspy. I used them both on two trips, and compared the statistics. Teslaspy reports a very low max-speed (90kph where It actually was around 105kph). I only peaked to 105 for short times, so my guess is that it has to do with polling frequency. Teslafi seems to poll Every ~3 seconds when driving. How often does Teslaspy poll while driving?

I also have noticed with the tunable sleep settings of Teslafi that my MCU1 car sometimes takes up to 55 minutes to get to sleep, so the 15minutes interval of Teslaspy seems a bit short. Would it be an option to make this tunable as well?

View attachment 442884

Hi,

teslaspy polls once per minute, and there's an option to adjust the frequency to every 15 seconds.

There other MC1 cars on teslaspy, and they can sleep well with the 15 minutes without disturb, but I can add the option to be adjustable

jordi

• Informative
Reactions: BjörnTM
Teslaspy s a very well built piece of software. Unfortunately the speed and performance of the site and support has been increasingly slower since June 2019. Probably the hosting is not synced with the growth in users. My subscription end in a few months and then I'll transition to Teslafi. Support only occurs when posting here, direct questions remain unanswered the last few months.

Good to know when comparing services.

• Informative
Reactions: StefanSarzio