TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TeslaTracks

Discussion in 'Model S' started by wschenk, Oct 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Yes, that's a possibility. Can you keep an eye on it for the next few days and see if it clears up. If not, please post again. Thanks so much for the feedback.

2. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

We are seeing this in a few other areas as well. We hope to have a fix out today. Thanks again for sharing.

3. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Please update to the most recent build, we are beginning to send them out today. You will start seeing the updates today and throughout this weekend, please keep an eye out and update as they come in. Many bug fixes and some new features too.

4. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

I'm starting to have a lot of missed trips again.

Usually it shows up as registered Phantom drain, for example today it shows 33.55 km lost over the last 54m when I did my commute this morning (approx 21 km).

5. tliving

tliving Member

6. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

That's strange. We will check the account and see what's going on. Thanks for the feedback.

7. TesTaipei

TesTaipei Tesla Ambassador to Taiwan!

New user here. Suggest adding to,the FAQ how you handle security. Like most folks I'm worried about handing over credentials that can not only access but control the car.

Nice work guys.

8. tliving

tliving Member

Thanks! Have you seen the "IS MY DATA SAFE?" item on security item in our FAQ here: FAQ | Teslab

9. TesTaipei

Yep. That's a good title for the section. But to answer the question you need to address security and privacy. I think you got privacy covered in terms of what data you take and what you do with the data. But I don't see anything about security, in terms of how you make sure my tesla credentials are safe, how you are storing, whether it is possible for a hacker to hack into your system and then suddenly control hundreds of teslas.

You or your team wrote a good piece about the use of tokens in this thread. Adding that plus some more would be a good start. I don't know much about security for example, so any context on how safe the token approach is would be helpful.

My two cents - thanks!

10. NullException

NullException Member

Some bugs in this for people not in a continental US timezone, I think.

For me, these emails arrive at midday local time, but it's unclear what period they're telling me about.

Yesterday at 12:00, the email told me:

"you drove [car name] 42.49 mi on this latest charge ...2hr 39m Time Since Last Charge"

which is true, but that's my morning commute that morning, and only represents half my day's driving.

Today, it the email says:

"you drove [car name] 87.56 mi on this latest charge ... 17hr 2m Time Since Last Charge"

which is correlates to my travel yesterday, including the drive included in yesterday's email. Presumably, if I'd driven anywhere this morning, that would be included too? However, my car charged overnight, completing at 05:47 local time, so it's not true that it's been 17hr since my car last charged. In fact, 17hrs from midday today is about an hour after I got home last night, so it doesn't relate to any charging period that I can determine.

It would be more useful if they told me about my travel yesterday, I think.

11. tliving

tliving Member

Ok thanks, we've added some more text.

12. tliving

tliving Member

The reports are all generated at the start of the day here in the US East Coast. Same for the daily emails etc. We know we need to shift the jobs to adjust to where the cars/people are. It is definitely on the list.

• Like x 1
  13. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Is the ability to register via email (no facebook) coming soon? Would love to start using this, but I'm not signing in with Facebook.

14. tliving

tliving Member

It's high on our priority list.

15. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

How do i get in on the Beta?

16. tliving

tliving Member

DM me an email address and let me know iOS or Android.

17. TesTaipei

Great thanks.

One other idea: for the social aspect of it, is there a way to show more other drivers that are more relevant, for example based on geographical proximity? I live in taiwan and would love to see other drivers in Asia such as Hong Kong and Japan.

Thanks!

18. tliving

tliving Member

Good thinking. That one is already on the list :p

• Like x 1
  19. skitch23

skitch23 Member

You could always create a throw away twitter account in the meantime. Obviously that doesn't eliminate connecting to social media, but at least it wouldn't be tied to your personal facebook account.

I hate tying things to facebook too, but have a few twitter accounts for random promotions so I used one of those for my login info.

20. tliving

tliving Member

Twitter is much easier to do that with. Unfortunately, we don't support Twitter logins on Android, only Facebook. We'll add other methods soon.