TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TeslaTracks

Discussion in 'Model S' started by wschenk, Oct 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

We are resolving some of those issues as we speak. If you like the app but would prefer to not sue, simply delete. I'd suggest giving it another few weeks, we have improvements and big things coming. This specific issue will be resolved.

2. NullException

NullException Member

To confirm: deleting the app will stop your service from polling my car? I had assumed you had some backend system doing that?

3. nasatech

nasatech Member

Yes! But the app starts the monitoring (if I understand it right). So without the app, no monitoring, i guess? :)

4. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Correct. For security purposes, without the app, the system does nothing.

• Like x 1
  5. Tequesta

Tequesta Member

Just wondering if the ability to sign in without a twitter or Facebook account is still in the works? The update emails previously mentioned this, but lately I don't see it as a "coming feature"

• Like x 1
  6. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Yes, it's coming soon. We are getting into a launch state but hope to have that working in the next week or two depending on how launch goes. You can always sign up for a private FB/TW account and delete once the email login is ready. I've attached an image so you can see what it looks like. Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 7.27.50 AM.png

7. mbaier

mbaier Member

With the latest update 1.3.1(176) for iOS the app always crashes when I open the profile section and then try to switch between the car/stats/trips panes.

8. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Good morning. Thanks for letting us know. We will look into the issue and get a fix out asap.

9. tliving

tliving Member

In the builds that went out yesterday the time is now localized for your device settings and the X buttons etc should be a lot more clickable.

Thanks again for the feedback.

10. tliving

tliving Member

You have a bit of an odd setup in the system. You have 2 accounts with us but both point to the same car. Can you DM me and let me know which one you're actually using and we'll clean up the other? While that's a configuration we can support at some time, it's an edge case that isn't currently supported.

11. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

So today I had no registration of any of my two drives (to and from work) and yesterday there seemed to be a registration of a short drive that didn't take place.

It did register my charging at work today however.

12. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Morning. Thanks for letting us know, we will take a look to see what's going on. Please let us know if you're still not seeing trips today.

Thanks again.

13. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

I had no problems with the drive this morning, but yesterday I just had my iPhone in my pocket and today I put it in the car charger. Don't know if it has anything to say.

I'll try to keep it in my pocket on the way home to see if it makes a difference.

• Like x 1
  14. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Big updates coming tomorrow morning!! Keep an eye on those inboxes!

15. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Okay, great news! Just keep an eye out and let us know if you're still seeing issues. Big update tomorrow morning.

16. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Big updates coming tomorrow morning!! Keep an eye on those inboxes!

17. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Where do we find release notes for the android updates? Can we login/register via email now? I don't want to use FB to login.

18. tliving

tliving Member

Login is still by Facebook only on Android. We're working on alternative methods.

Ben usually sends out an email blast on the new updates. It's the same code base, so other than odd platform integration things (very few), both platforms have the same features.

We're working on fixing an issue where trips/charges are showing up late/seemingly never. They're backed up in a queue and we're working to resolve that.

19. bschippers718

bschippers718 Member

Firstly, thanks for all the great feedback from the weekend drives, very helpful. Please keep it coming!

A few of you may have experienced drives that simply didn't appear to be tracking. They are tracking but because of server maintenance, some of your trips may not have appeared until much later in the day. We hope that our maintenance is done and normal usability is back for everyone.

We've also ran into a keyboard bug when reporting the number of open superchargers, we hope to have a fix out today so everyone can resume.

20. NullException

NullException Member

Hi @bschippers718,

I love the summary battery entries, but sometimes they say things such as below "no range used while driving 110.46 mi". Is this because of the server maintenance you mentioned was going on yesterday?

IMG_0453.png

• Like x 1