Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help! Ordered late February, Blue/White all the options. Got email re financing, etc. a couple weeks ago. Got a call Friday from Nevada Tesla basically confirming the details I put in online but that was it. I asked him when it looked like I was getting the car and he said by the end of the month! Anyone else getting these calls? Did anyone who already got theirs delivered get that call? If so, how quickly is this baby going to be in my garage?

Reactions: KJD
Help! Ordered late February, Blue/White all the options. Got email re financing, etc. a couple weeks ago. Got a call Friday from Nevada Tesla basically confirming the details I put in online but that was it. I asked him when it looked like I was getting the car and he said by the end of the month! Anyone else getting these calls? Did anyone who already got theirs delivered get that call? If so, how quickly is this baby going to be in my garage?

I also received a call on Friday to confirm all of the information I submitted on 3/3 and confirming that I was still interested in taking delivery. Like you, I was told they were working to confirm details with the goal of delivering my car by the end of the month but didn't receive any further information. No VIN.

With everything going on, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to route / re-route cars but would expect delays -- quite frankly, while I'm interested in getting my car as soon as possible, I don't want to take delivery if it jeopardizes anyone's health who would be involved in the delivery process.

Got this call as well. Still on target by end of the month. Orderd in January, changed to White/Black in February and changed it back to White/White in March.

I was told to expect delivery by the end of the month, but it's a week away and I have no VIN. Given the pandemic, I'm starting to suspect I won't be seeing my MY anytime soon. That sucks, but oh well.
I got the call on Monday 3/23 saying I should have delivery by the end of March. I have not heard anything additional since. I called the number that Tesla called me from today and they said that my car "should have been completed" prior to the shutdown at the Fremont factory. I still have no VIN assigned and can't apply for financing with my bank without the VIN. I was told that I should still plan on a delivery by the end of the month, but nobody really knows anything.

I got the call on Monday 3/23 saying I should have delivery by the end of March. I have not heard anything additional since. I called the number that Tesla called me from today and they said that my car "should have been completed" prior to the shutdown at the Fremont factory. I still have no VIN assigned and can't apply for financing with my bank without the VIN. I was told that I should still plan on a delivery by the end of the month, but nobody really knows anything.
Mine's postponed indefinitely, because NY DMV is shut down.

He

I ordered a Red LR RWD 7 seater w/ 18" Aero Wheels on 7/28/2019.

On 9/13/2019 I modified the order to a 5 seater, still Red LR RWD 18" Aero Wheels.

On 11/30/2019 I modified the order to AWD, still Red LR 18" Aero Wheels.

Somewhere between 11/30 and delivery, the wheels changed to 19" Gemini wheels.

I got a text on Sunday 3/22/2020 at 7:59AM saying: "Your Model Y delivery is ready to be scheduled! For your convenience, we currently plan to deliver your Model Y to your address..." I checked the site and my MVPA link shows up and I start filling out all the info. Strange enough, when I entered my address, it said they can't delivery to my house, so I chose the Burbank Delivery Center. I have a VIN 29xx.

By 4:08PM that same Sunday 3/22, I got a text stating: "Your Model Y delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 3/24 at 6:30pm at the Burbank Delivery Center. A Tesla representative will reach out 24-48 hours prior to this appointment to confirm."

Wired the full payment on Monday to be ready for Tuesday delivery. A couple of hours later, I got a missed a call from the Burbank DC. I called back a couple more hours later. Something about the wheels not being what I ordered and they'll have to find me another vehicle. I thought oh well...

I get a call back on Tuesday 3/24 morning with a bit more info. Basically the car has 20" wheels and I ordered 19" wheels (so, not my car). I didn't want to pay the extra $2k so I said I'll wait for the next one, even though I had already paid. I was assured that it would only take another 2-3 days.

Then later that same day (Tuesday 3/24) someone else from Tesla called saying they can deliver that same car to me with the 20" wheels comped. Of course, I said yes.

Got my Red MY AWD LR 5-seater with 20" wheels delivered later that night around 7:30PM.

I spoke to my Tesla rep in Vegas Wednesday and he seemed pretty confident I’m getting my blue/white performance plus by the end of the month. He said a lot of cancellations make that even more likely. Haven’t gotten the text and site still saying they are preparing the contract. Ordered late February of 2020. Obsessing like everyone else. When I get it I’m taking a cross country road trip and sleeping in it on camping mode. Forget it, I’m just going to start living in it permanently.

I got a call as well. Ordered AWD in mid-Feb. Unfortunately, due to what is going on, I asked to postpone delivery till June. It seems either they produced many more cars than expected, or reservation queue was not as big as predicted (and this is in line with the spreadsheet for M3 and MY incl. extrapolation). And I think that there are many people like me that postpone the delivery until the economic and personal damage will become more clear.

Reactions: Electric Steve
I got a call as well. Ordered AWD in mid-Feb. Unfortunately, due to what is going on, I asked to postpone delivery till June. It seems either they produced many more cars than expected, or reservation queue was not as big as predicted (and this is in line with the spreadsheet for M3 and MY incl. extrapolation). And I think that there are many people like me that postpone the delivery until the economic and personal damage will become more clear.

Are they letting people "postpone" delivery of the exact spec you ordered at the same price, or are you basically having to reorder again losing your $100 deposit and place in line? I will also likely postpone given we are in lockdown and haven't even had the chance to get an estimate to install a charger, etc. Not to mention I want to make sure things are getting back on track a few months from now before making any big purchases.

Just today I picked up my Model Y Performance (01XX) from Portland, OR. Ordered December 4th, got the confirmation email on Feb 25th. Filled it up (it gave 'delivery' date options between March 15 and April 1st or so) and applied for a car loan. Nothing happened for weeks (except the coronavirus), and my car loan pre-approval expired.

On April 4th I got a phone call that my car was ready for pickup, just had to get financing in order. Quickly re-applied for a loan, but Bank of America told me that they were backlogged with loan applications because lots of people were out due to coronavirus lockdown... Tesla really didn't like me requesting a delay in delivery, but agreed to a one-week delay because "it wasn't your fault". New pickup date April 17th.

Bank came through; got financing on April 14th and picked it up on April 15th (today!). Haven't had a chance to look at it carefully to see if there are fit/finish or paint issues etc. The 'delivery guy' kept 6ft away, said that everything was just wiped clean/disinfected, and was generally very helpful and accommodating (couldn't answer any questions about the Gen 3 wall charger, though). Signed paperwork, got copies, took off (pun intended - this thing is a ROCKET)

So, I guess Tesla still kinda delivers, but the low VIN makes it feel like this car was just something someone returned, or they found somewhere in the prototype pile or something. The paperwork did say that the car was manufactured in January 2020.

Just today I picked up my Model Y Performance (01XX) from Portland, OR. Ordered December 4th, got the confirmation email on Feb 25th. Filled it up (it gave 'delivery' date options between March 15 and April 1st or so) and applied for a car loan. Nothing happened for weeks (except the coronavirus), and my car loan pre-approval expired.

On April 4th I got a phone call that my car was ready for pickup, just had to get financing in order. Quickly re-applied for a loan, but Bank of America told me that they were backlogged with loan applications because lots of people were out due to coronavirus lockdown... Tesla really didn't like me requesting a delay in delivery, but agreed to a one-week delay because "it wasn't your fault". New pickup date April 17th.

Bank came through; got financing on April 14th and picked it up on April 15th (today!). Haven't had a chance to look at it carefully to see if there are fit/finish or paint issues etc. The 'delivery guy' kept 6ft away, said that everything was just wiped clean/disinfected, and was generally very helpful and accommodating (couldn't answer any questions about the Gen 3 wall charger, though). Signed paperwork, got copies, took off (pun intended - this thing is a ROCKET)

So, I guess Tesla still kinda delivers, but the low VIN makes it feel like this car was just something someone returned, or they found somewhere in the prototype pile or something. The paperwork did say that the car was manufactured in January 2020.
I just rode in friends car, vin sub 100. Not a return and no fit and finish issues. It drove much better then the 3 and was basically awesome.
have fun!

upload_2020-4-17_6-37-28.png

I put this pivot table together using the data from your Order Tracker. I took dates that were obvioiusly incorrect (eg. Dec/2020) and moved them into 2019. If the user said they had a VIN number, I treated them as received (Yes), even though some may not be. The far right column shows the percentage of orders that have been received. 1% of rear wheel drive models (I think that person posted on the blog recently), 13% AWD LR, and 26% Performance. Hope this is of interest to some of you.

Ordered Dec 16th, got a call today to go in and enter my insurance, driver's license, etc on the Tesla website. Long range, not performance. What's the lag between giving that info and taking ownership? Based on some other postings, somewhere near 3-4 weeks?

Trying to figure out the timing on selling my existing Audi Q3.

Ordered Dec 16th, got a call today to go in and enter my insurance, driver's license, etc on the Tesla website. Long range, not performance. What's the lag between giving that info and taking ownership? Based on some other postings, somewhere near 3-4 weeks?

Trying to figure out the timing on selling my existing Audi Q3.
I entered my I insurance info and DL about 6 weeks ago and nada.