Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does "prepare for delivery" mean? Do we have any idea what time that means? LR AWD, MSM, 5 seats, FSD. Current 3 owner. Do we know if previous owners come first like last time?
Honestly...without an official select your delivery date e-mail I really think it currently means nothing. Model Y RWD holders are receiving the exact same landing page, and I think it's been a mistake by Tesla since updating the account website overnight.

What does "prepare for delivery" mean? Do we have any idea what time that means? LR AWD, MSM, 5 seats, FSD. Current 3 owner. Do we know if previous owners come first like last time?

I think that means that your configuration is somewhat "locked in". Changing it may be subject to a fee. There is a certain point where your order is now part of the production planning as they decide what configuration "batches" to produce.

Edit: Mine just changed to this status. Ordered 2/13/2020. Blue exterior/White interior/LR AWD, No FSD, Gemini 19" wheels.

Hi, everybody. Here are the links for this project:
I have a AWD long range on order but am having second thoughts. I think the Model Y deliveries are moving faster because demand isn't what Tesla would like. Think about it, Tesla hasn't and won't identify how many Model Y orders it has. The 2500 deposit has been dropped in favor of 100.00 non refundable -- to spur demand. And, now Tesla is trying to get 7 seat orders to change their order and moving forward with RWD orders. Next they'll be cutting prices. Maybe better to hold off.

@Troy, nice work. I'd love to see queries added to the Stats sheet for paint color, wheels, interior, interior layout, and autopilot. Probably not too useful for delivery dates (except they seem to maybe be prioritizing FSD right now), but it'd still be interesting data.

I have a AWD long range on order but am having second thoughts. I think the Model Y deliveries are moving faster because demand isn't what Tesla would like. Think about it, Tesla hasn't and won't identify how many Model Y orders it has. The 2500 deposit has been dropped in favor of 100.00 non refundable -- to spur demand. And, now Tesla is trying to get 7 seat orders to change their order and moving forward with RWD orders. Next they'll be cutting prices. Maybe better to hold off.

Why would overall demand for the car affect your desire for the car? Because you would get it too soon and aren't ready to take delivery?

Do we know if previous owners come first like last time?

I don’t believe there is a difference between previous Tesla owners for Y. Our Y order for Blurrg is technically a new customer.

The 3 we currently drive was my son’s reservation that we share! (He was a line waiter, pre-launch for 3.) It’s still under his Tesla account, which is why we were shocked our Y order was not line jumped by current Tesla owners.

I don’t believe there is a difference between previous Tesla owners for Y. Our Y order for Blurrg is technically a new customer.

The 3 we currently drive was my son’s reservation that we share! (He was a line waiter, pre-launch for 3.) It’s still under his Tesla account, which is why we were shocked our Y order was not line jumped by current Tesla owners.

So I would expect them to stick with the same criteria they have used for completing orders that they have used since the very first model S orders. First is configuration type and the timing that they are planning to building that configuration, second would be geographical location in order to maximize shipping efficiency. Then within those you would have order date, configuration completion date and also prior Tesla ownership. Tesla has been pretty open about its desire to promote good will with prior owners so I would expect that as with before, if you are a prior owner you will be moved up in the list of deliveries over first timers, but only within a configuration and geographical area.

So I would expect them to stick with the same criteria they have used for completing orders that they have used since the very first model S orders. First is configuration type and the timing that they are planning to building that configuration, second would be geographical location in order to maximize shipping efficiency. Then within those you would have order date, configuration completion date and also prior Tesla ownership. Tesla has been pretty open about its desire to promote good will with prior owners so I would expect that as with before, if you are a prior owner you will be moved up in the list of deliveries over first timers, but only within a configuration and geographical area.

However, I do not believe that is happening. Delivery e-mails sent out to folks all over the country; East coast, Florida, Midwest, Southwest, West Coast. Also, it does not seem to matter on the order date or previous Tesla owner. My buddy and I both got delivery e-mails for here in St. Louis area. Both of us have never owned a Tesla. He ordered in June 19; I ordered in Jan 20. Both Performance, White, Black Interior, FSD. There are folks complaining that have the same exact configuration as ours that live right there in the Bay area that have not heard a peep (previous owners).

I really think they tried to shotgun deliveries around the country this time to get publicity and advertising for the car. A computer probably just match batch runs to cars and sent out the e-mails.

just my 2 cents.

However, I do not believe that is happening. Delivery e-mails sent out to folks all over the country; East coast, Florida, Midwest, Southwest, West Coast. Also, it does not seem to matter on the order date or previous Tesla owner. My buddy and I both got delivery e-mails for here in St. Louis area. Both of us have never owned a Tesla. He ordered in June 19; I ordered in Jan 20. Both Performance, White, Black Interior, FSD. There are folks complaining that have the same exact configuration as ours that live right there in the Bay area that have not heard a peep (previous owners).

I really think they tried to shotgun deliveries around the country this time to get publicity and advertising for the car. A computer probably just match batch runs to cars and sent out the e-mails.

just my 2 cents.
I’m not sure of the process, but friend has ordered a LR-AWD, Silver, black interior, 5 seat AP-FSD and its due in the next 3 weeks. He’s a first time buyer and I think ordered this year. Regarding preorders, Lease owners have timing issues and owners also may be surprised by the early deliveries. I think Q1 Y deliveries Are going to be a bit higher then early estimates. If they are delivering nationally, 2500 seems low. That would be about 10-12 deliveries per store and I’d guess California shops will have some big end of quarter deliveries alone.

just my 2 cents.
Is always possible

Hi, everybody. Here are the links for this project:
When we get actual numbers for Y deliveries in March, presumably early in April, this will give us our first good estimate of the actual Orders for Y's.
From the Spreadsheet take Total number on spreadsheet/Number of Deliveries on spreadsheet and multiply by the number of actual deliveries in March.
Currently that is 466/47 x # Delivered. So if they deliver 2000 in March that would be 466/47*2000 = 19,830. Or if our sample batch is representative they will deliver 7.3% of the orders in March. So 2,000 delivered would be 7.3% of the total ordered. 19.830.
What is wrong with this? It does not seem to pass the sensible test.