Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gah! I've checking my account and the page source code compulsively for my VIN assignment, and noticed it appeared briefly in source code yesterday, only to disappear and go back to "null" a few hours later. Anybody else have that experience?

Detroit, MI
Model Y LR AWD / Black Int / Black Ext / 19" / No FSD / No tow hitch / ordered Feb 29, 2020 / delivery prep 2-4 wk text on June 6, 2020

Gah! I've checking my account and the page source code compulsively for my VIN assignment, and noticed it appeared briefly in source code yesterday, only to disappear and go back to "null" a few hours later. Anybody else have that experience?

Detroit, MI
Model Y LR AWD / Black Int / Black Ext / 19" / No FSD / No tow hitch / ordered Feb 29, 2020 / delivery prep 2-4 wk text on June 6, 2020

Same thing here, had VIN last night. No longer have VIN in source and it went back to 'drafting up contract'. Black/Black.

Detroit, MI

Update: A new (different) VIN was assigned in source code, and seems to be sticking this time.

This is such a great tool, thanks for doing it! Does everyone agree that a column for this recent text blast makes sense? There's a differentiation between 2-4 weeks delivery and 10 day build. Maybe one column and the options are 2-4 Weeks or 10 Days or N/A (for those unfortunate (or not - who knows with Tesla) souls that haven't heard a peep). I think once people start getting deliveries we can tell which one means a sooner delivery date.

Ordered my White on White performance with upgrade, no FSD on April 12th. Got everything done June 6th including uploading of current insurance card (told to do so by local Tesla dealer to show I'm ready and update after VIN assigned). Told by end of June but worried because they keep having to "push" new info to me as I request it. Worried there will be a hold up due to this. No VIN yet...awaiting "drafting of documents". Fingers crossed.

For those of ya'll with VIN's, are you proceeding to add the car to your insurance?

I don't want to start paying if Tesla is going to take forever to actually deliver.

Not sure about Texas but here in California your car is covered for 30 days after purchase automatically. So you dont have to actually start/pay for it until after you start driving it. I cant imagine Texas not having a similar thing (I think some states have 2 week timeframe).

My state doesn't require it being added for a few days, so I can add after I drive home. Check with your insurance.

Either way, shouldn't pay till the day you take it.

Thanks for the advice!

Tesla is really pushing adding the car to the insurance to get tags from the DMV in advance. Just wish I could get a delivery date first.
So I'm going to have to insure the car before I receive it but I called progressive and it really won't make a big difference in the cost. Maybe 5-10 bucks.

Hi, everybody. Here are the links for this project:
Troy, when I sort the temporary version spreadsheet by descending delivery date, I get a lot of rows at that bottom that aren't sorting correctly. Can you see if it's working for you?

It works fine for me. I'm not sure what the problem is but here are some ideas:

1. Check out this video if you haven't watched it. It explains how to filter and sort.
2. Before you select "top menu > Data > FIlter views > Create new temporary filter view", make sure you select the navy blue header row or any cell on that row.
3. Make sure you use the filter button shown below next to where it says "Delivery date" and not the buttons next to the column letters.
4. In the image below, it says "Range: A3:U1869". Here you can remove the 1869 part and change it to just "A3:U" to force it to select all rows.
5. In case you are using a mobile device, be aware that Google Sheets is known to have some issues on mobile devices.
6. You could try these pre-saved filter views and see if it works correctly. Try the second link.

Column F: Delivery preparation email
Column J: Delivery date

xE4RldB.png

It works fine for me. I'm not sure what the problem is but here are some ideas:

1. Check out this video if you haven't watched it. It explains how to filter and sort.
2. Before you select "top menu > Data > FIlter views > Create new temporary filter view", make sure you select the navy blue header row or any cell on that row.
3. Make sure you use the filter button shown below next to where it says "Delivery date" and not the buttons next to the column letters.
4. In the image below, it says "Range: A3:U1869". Here you can remove the 1869 part and change it to just "A3:U" to force it to select all rows.
5. In case you are using a mobile device, be aware that Google Sheets is known to have some issues on mobile devices.
6. You could try these pre-saved filter views and see if it works correctly. Try the second link.

Column F: Delivery preparation email
Column J: Delivery date

xE4RldB.png
Thanks, mine wasn't picking up the entire range. Once I changed the second number on the range all is well!

Reactions: Troy
Added my information to the tracker as well- I placed an order yesterday and received a text message today to complete delivery/registration/insurance information. My SA told me that yesterday was the "cutoff" to place an order in order for delivery to happen by end of month. Is this just a sales tactic or do you think this is actually possible? I ordered black/black LR AWD with tow hitch.

Added my information to the tracker as well- I placed an order yesterday and received a text message today to complete delivery/registration/insurance information. My SA told me that yesterday was the "cutoff" to place an order in order for delivery to happen by end of month. Is this just a sales tactic or do you think this is actually possible? I ordered black/black LR AWD with tow hitch.

It could be. I asked my SA if i should complete my loan application when I placed my order and she told me to hold off until I get closer to delivery so i didn't have to run the credit application twice. After i got the text to complete the other information, she reached out asking me to submit the credit application as I could be getting the car end of June now. I placed my order on 6/4.

It could be. I asked my SA if i should complete my loan application when I placed my order and she told me to hold off until I get closer to delivery so i didn't have to run the credit application twice. After i got the text to complete the other information, she reached out asking me to submit the credit application as I could be getting the car end of June now. I placed my order on 6/4.

How did you get an SA? I ordered the same day

When I placed my order I told my salesperson to hold off on my order that I'm looking at September to take delivery. I received a text today saying if I respond "JUNE" to the text I can get the car by the end of the month.

White ext, black/white int, AWD