Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. But then I remind myself it is their JOB! Mine sucks anyway - blatantly lies to me and gives false information while being condescending. Plus, he rarely responds... I have better luck with Chat, although they don’t have any real information.

Mine responds to me, but its usually at least a day if not two before I hear back. It took over a week for my trade in to hit my profile. Ordered on 8/28 and haven't heard a peep about VIN or anything. Got an automated text last wednesday saying 2-4 weeks expected delivery.

Reactions: stlclint
All this discussion about SAs has me nervous... ordered a few weeks ago, got the VIN last Friday and booked delivery for Sep 19. I haven't from a real human, other than the day after I put in the order, just to confirm a couple of details. Should I expect to hear from someone before picking up the car? And if so, how far in advance do they usually call? Thanks!

Like most of you, I've been OCD'ing on my VIN and getting a delivery date because I'm trying to time trading-in my current vehicle to a different dealer. Here's my update in case if it helps.

I noticed on Tuesday (9/8) that my account had my MVPA with a VIN but never got a text or call to schedule delivery date. I emailed my SA yesterday and called him this morning. After speaking with him, he was able to tell me the details I was looking for: (he's been great, btw)
  • Order date: 9/4
  • My VIN (49xxx) was "born on" 9/8 at 2:53pm PST. Pretty specific...haha.
  • The ETA date in Boston: 9/23.
  • The route the car will be shipped is via train to Chicago. Then, via truck to Boston.
  • The Tesla system reaches out to the buyer once the car leaves Chicago and they have a more accurate ETA date. But he was able to schedule a delivery date for 9/24.
  • He said there is a chance the vehicle arrives a little earlier or later and if it does, I should receive a notification.
Lastly, he was able to change my payment method from cash to self-financing (3rd party) without it affecting delivery date. I saw all of the changes in my Tesla account within 5-10 mins after he made the change (my MVPA doc was re-created, too).

• Helpful
Reactions: Sundiego26
Yeah youre one of my fellow Bostonians that are killing me since you got your VIN even though you ordered 3 days after me! :D

Ah, sorry about that! I'm sure you'll get yours soon. Fingers crossed for you. :)

FWIW, the day after I placed my order is when I did the overnight test drive and told my SA my order number. He looked at it on his computer and confidently said he expected me to have a VIN in about a week and to take delivery in 2-3 weeks or mid to end of September.

Ah, sorry about that! I'm sure you'll get yours soon. Fingers crossed for you. :)

FWIW, the day after I placed my order is when I did the overnight test drive and told my SA my order number. He looked at it on his computer and confidently said he expected me to have a VIN in about a week and to take delivery in 2-3 weeks or mid to end of September.
Was this in Dedham?

also thx for the well wishes!

The only excitement I had today on my order page was that it updated to say “estimated delivery: 7-11 weeks from order placed date” (09/08). It was blank until today.

I suspect there will be many weeks ahead of intraday page refreshes to see no updates, and I am fine with that .

The only excitement I had today on my order page was that it updated to say “estimated delivery: 7-11 weeks from order placed date” (09/08). It was blank until today.

I suspect there will be many weeks ahead of intraday page refreshes to see no updates, and I am fine with that .

I noticed that too today, thought I just hadn’t noticed before. Thanks for confirming I’m not crazy.