Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Y is totally flawless — every body panel is perfect, every gap, all features work. My only thing was there are 5 small scratches on the trim at the lower bumper area so they’re having service look it over. Can’t wait to get the plates on and head out!
Congrats!!! Great to hear it was in great shape and they'll replace your trim piece.

I stopped by the Peabody, MA SC and my ETA is now 9/28 (instead of 9/29) so still keeping my 9/30 delivery date.

They had around 10 MYs on the lot...I'd say half were prepped for delivery. They all looked really good. Some had the bottom of the driver door inset from the rocker panel but it was only by a small amount. The worst thing I saw was the passenger side door didn't align with the front quarter panel (the front quarter panel was raised by a couple of mm from the passenger door). The 3 white ones I saw had matching bumpers. VIN ranges were around 39xxx, 45xxx, 49xx, and 51xxx. Most were in the 45xxx range. 80% of them were with the 19" Gemini wheels.

What was interesting was 2 MYs and 1 MX had "NJ 9/13" marked on the rear driver's side window...were those originally planned for a NJ delivery but got accidentally routed to MA?

It's been fun trying to decipher or understand how Tesla ships vehicles...there were two MYs on the lot that had build dates after mine and yet mine is arriving next week. I'd think they would ship vehicles in batches...

Reactions: martc89 and gnoeou
hahah wow, you’re a gumshoe.

The Dedham dealer was a mob scene. I was one of 5 deliveries on or around my time slot. 3 were MY’s, 2 were MX’s. This in addition to at least 10 others being prepped / charged up for delivery.

The guys there were great, they let me do whatever inspections I wanted inside and outside. I got lucky that all panels were perfect, no fingerprints, no paint defects, etc.

Last time I was there for the test drive on 9/1, it was mostly quiet so this was quite a contrast. Hope you get yours on time and in good shape!

Took delivery on my MY today. Fit and finish were perfect. 3 minor nicks from being on the truck but they are going to fix them. Only issue I had is the right mirror doesn’t move or fold. I used the checklist someone uploaded on here. Very happy
BA13BF87-DB0A-4ED0-A111-DD760784B8CE.jpeg

Reactions: zecar and martc89
So I put an order in a day or two before battery day, figured try to beat any rush after Tuesday depending on what was announced, and worst case if I change my mind, I'm out $100. I was surprised to see I already had a VIN number today, and even more surprised when Tesla called and wanted to schedule delivery Monday or Tuesday next week. I guess they said what I ordered must be fairly common and they already had a match. I noticed my VIN is in the 50,xxx. Not the newest, but higher than some of the VINs in orders placed recently.

I'm not at all ready to pick up this early (figuring 5-9 weeks like the web site said), but I'll make it work ;)

So I put an order in a day or two before battery day, figured try to beat any rush after Tuesday depending on what was announced, and worst case if I change my mind, I'm out $100. I was surprised to see I already had a VIN number today, and even more surprised when Tesla called and wanted to schedule delivery Monday or Tuesday next week. I guess they said what I ordered must be fairly common and they already had a match. I noticed my VIN is in the 50,xxx. Not the newest, but higher than some of the VINs in orders placed recently.

I'm not at all ready to pick up this early (figuring 5-9 weeks like the web site said), but I'll make it work ;)
what config did you order?

Picking up tomorrow!

I ordered 9/17, LR AWD, White on Black w/ 20” Induction rims. Definitely expected to be waiting, but I got lucky!

Drove over to the store the store this evening to verify the car is actually there (it was moved between MD locations today), and to do an initial once over of the exterior. It was after dark, so of course I couldn’t get a thorough look at everything, but the things I could see look great. Some variations in panel gaps, but nothing concerning. I’ve got my fingers crossed the first impression hold in the light of day.

VIN 37xxx, late August build date.

Our Delivery Day was moved a couple of times, but eventually, we got the call: "Your Model Y is ready for you. Would you like to pick it up today?" That was on Sunday, September 20th. The experience at the Orlando (Eatonville) Service/Delivery Center was truly excellent. Everything went as planned. Everyone was wearing masks and social distancing. They had our car waiting in a very well lighted bay -- plugged in and ready for our inspection. My wife and I executed every inspection item from two checklists on this forum, and our car was in great shape -- with two rather minor exceptions. The frunk is moderately misaligned and the leading edge of the driver's door is slightly misaligned (see photos). We reported these defects, and they insisted that they no longer record problems that are identified on Delivery. They showed us how to schedule maintenance to correct our car's problems by photographing the defects and reporting them using the Tesla app. We took a lot of pictures.
DSC_1717.jpeg
Everything else was in excellent shape -- after an hour and a half of inspection, using multiple flashlights, a hand mirror, hand-wiping with a towel and water spray bottle -- we happily drove our buggy home. After a night in our garage, and a good hand wash, we drove it straight to our local graphics shop to be wrapped. They've been doing a very thorough, inspection, cleaning, and application. I asked the installers to report any defects that they find, and so far, they've said that the car is in great shape. They've wrapped other Tesla's, and are familiar with the reports of other folks being serious defects. The car is supposed to be done today...

Attachments

• DSC_1708.jpeg
    DSC_1708.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 48