Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My observation with the variable and seemingly unpredictable deliveries is that it's actually very calculated. - Much like a Game of Chess
The delivery matrix seems to have many layers.

• Orders with upgrades get priority, the more $$ in upgrades, the higher the priority (can you spell - FSD ;))
  • Geographical Logistics matched with Order Demand (full truck loads when and where possible)
  • Shuffling rejects (I mean cars who's buyers financing fell through :rolleyes:) to other locations
  • Occasional Production changes that can interrupt the line
  • Then of course there are the beginning of the quarter fulfillment of overseas orders
There are likely additional factors, but as Tesla continues to innovate, grow, and meet the rapidly expanding demand, I am personally unaffected by the wait [as far as need]. - It has given me time to order all my accessories from cabin camera slide cover to winter wheels and many extras in between.

I'm anxious yes, but hoping the wait is rewarded with the coveted 2021 designation (it has been reported that some time on October last year, they started designating the 2020 year model - I hope that happens again this year. ALSO, I want the new one piece casting.

Fingers Crossed

Oof, now my tentative Oct 3 date is gone, replaced with a generic 2-4 weeks after ordering. This gives them two days to come up with the car. This is rather unfortunate, and now we've had to rent a car for the weekend. I'm hoping a visit to the factory will help out.

VIN!! I just got a VIN in my account today! Ordered 9/4 and it was showing 2-4 weeks and I was told before end of September. However, for Pacific Northwest, blues seemed to be delayed for whatever reason and obviously I didn't get the EOQ delivery (no EAP for me :( ). This will be going into the Portland delivery location.

Long Range Model Y - Blue/White - Gemini
Without tow or FSD

059377, we're almost up to 60k cars built!

I believe my VIN decodes to a 2020 model year, but how do I know for sure? (What letter/number in the VIN?)

VIN!! I just got a VIN in my account today! Ordered 9/4 and it was showing 2-4 weeks and I was told before end of September. However, for Pacific Northwest, blues seemed to be delayed for whatever reason and obviously I didn't get the EOQ delivery (no EAP for me :( ). This will be going into the Portland delivery location.

Without tow or FSD

I believe my VIN decodes to a 2020 model year, but how do I know for sure? (What letter/number in the VIN?)

I got a VIN in 57 series on Oct 1 and I have a blue one too. I don't think the VIN is sequential. I have FSD on my order .. The letter L represents 2020, M would be 2021. Its the one before the serial number.

Hi y'all. Happy update for me; I'm getting the car tomorrow.

I went to the showroom today and spoke with a salesperson and a delivery manager. Be pleasant and kind throughout, while making your case. Remember that they are people working a frustrating job, and many things are out of their control.

By checking in in-person, and being patient, we got them to offer to check the status of our Model Y. They found that it was pretty much ready except for the detailing, but the detailing team had just gone home for the day. The manager then slotted us in for tomorrow and prioritized our car. They also resolved a few weird quirks with our account ("Strange, there's a bunch of contradictory notes here..."). We saw the changes on our end shortly, and now we're scheduled for tomorrow.

I get that these are expensive cars, and it can be frustrating to not get it when promised. We had to rent a car this weekend because they missed their own dates, and communicated poorly. Even the largest and most efficient companies are run by people, and mistakes happen. Be kind, be understanding, and be firm. This will get you a long way.

• Helpful
Reactions: jsight
Add 1 more here with MY Blue/White, no FSD, 20 inch wheels combo. I received my VIN on 10/3. My order date was 9/25. I got a text yesterday asking if I can take delivery tomorrow, 10/5. Of course, I replied yes. Still waiting to hear next steps. I waiting for the Tesla insurance quote button online to turn blue/clickable to get an insurance quote. Also, waiting on the contract as well. I heard there's a phone number to call Tesla insurance. Does anyone know the number?

Got my Vin Saturday day ( Y LR, Black on white- 20", with FSD) Vin 59415. Looks like our toys will be deliveried at similar times.
I would be interested to see how your's turns out from a quality stand point

Without tow or FSD

My observation with the variable and seemingly unpredictable deliveries is that it's actually very calculated. - Much like a Game of Chess
The delivery matrix seems to have many layers.

• Orders with upgrades get priority, the more $$ in upgrades, the higher the priority (can you spell - FSD ;))
  • Geographical Logistics matched with Order Demand (full truck loads when and where possible)
  • Shuffling rejects (I mean cars who's buyers financing fell through :rolleyes:) to other locations
  • Occasional Production changes that can interrupt the line
  • Then of course there are the beginning of the quarter fulfillment of overseas orders
There are likely additional factors, but as Tesla continues to innovate, grow, and meet the rapidly expanding demand, I am personally unaffected by the wait [as far as need]. - It has given me time to order all my accessories from cabin camera slide cover to winter wheels and many extras in between.

I'm anxious yes, but hoping the wait is rewarded with the coveted 2021 designation (it has been reported that some time on October last year, they started designating the 2020 year model - I hope that happens again this year. ALSO, I want the new one piece casting.

Fingers Crossed

Dang I wish this was true. I got a fully loaded Gray LR and still nothing. Ordered Sep 22. I'm in FL so I bet that's make a huge difference in wait times...

Is production of model Ys slowing down? In the last few days I’m seeing very few VINs assigned. Many reported VINs in the 59,xxx range but no 6x,xxx yet.

I wonder if they moved more production to M3s early in the quarter? Or if they are preparing for oversea deliveries?

Is production of model Ys slowing down? In the last few days I’m seeing very few VINs assigned. Many reported VINs in the 59,xxx range but no 6x,xxx yet.

I wonder if they moved more production to M3s early in the quarter? Or if they are preparing for oversea deliveries?

was wondering the same thing. Seems like I have to wait a bit longer. No VIN's showed up yesterday, the last time I looked.

Ordered MY White, black interior, 19", no FSD on 9/17 but added Tow hitch to the order on 9/26. Charlotte NC. No VIN assignment yet and I called the Tesla locally here and the gentleman mentioned that my status is ready for match and when one becomes available, it will try to match. He also mentioned, like few others have mentioned, that currently Tesla has shifted production for european delivery and if there's going to be a match, it won't be any sooner than end of October

Ordered MY White, black interior, 19", no FSD on 9/17 but added Tow hitch to the order on 9/26. Charlotte NC. No VIN assignment yet and I called the Tesla locally here and the gentleman mentioned that my status is ready for match and when one becomes available, it will try to match. He also mentioned, like few others have mentioned, that currently Tesla has shifted production for european delivery and if there's going to be a match, it won't be any sooner than end of October

It's weird because I've heard this from several places too, but delivery estimate (for Canada) on a new order is still 3-7 weeks - presumably that would mean a VIN before end of October?

Tesla is not doing any European deliveries for the Model Y at the moment, and probably not for this quarter. If it takes time to get a VIN, it will not be because of European delivery.

Tesla is not doing any European deliveries for the Model Y at the moment, and probably not for this quarter. If it takes time to get a VIN, it will not be because of European delivery.
If they are moving to the new casting machine with a single piece rear end, there may be some updates to the assembly line. I’d think we’d hear about it, but would not be surprised if they are updating the line and we’d see a week lag in new VIN’s.

If they are moving to the new casting machine with a single piece rear end, there may be some updates to the assembly line. I’d think we’d hear about it, but would not be surprised if they are updating the line and we’d see a week lag in new VIN’s.

Agree. EURO sales of the MY are slated to start selling in 2021, would not impact Q4 sales.

I just saw this article, Elon wants 20% increase in production for Q4.
Tesla (TSLA) to increase production almost 20%, says Elon Musk in leaked email - Electrek

ODD! Since we have not see new VINs in several days...