Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's so disheartening to see people on this tracker, with almost identical or identical configuration, who are also east coast getting their VIN's when they ordered a week after you. It really seems like the system used to assign VIN's is just using random name picker to assign them. Tesla needs to sort their *sugar* out.

Reactions: alexcue
hmmm...am wondering if I am the only one without a Tesla advisor??

Well, technically I have two for some reason. I got an email about two days after I ordered and a day after I'd completed all the steps on my order.

When I answered a text about a supposed delivery coming up, then someone else answered that text by email.

Both have answered my questions as best they could and have been pretty responsive.

Reactions: kylegbraund
Well, technically I have two for some reason. I got an email about two days after I ordered and a day after I'd completed all the steps on my order.

When I answered a text about a supposed delivery coming up, then someone else answered that text by email.

Both have answered my questions as best they could and have been pretty responsive.
so, the advisors found/find you?

It's so disheartening to see people on this tracker, with almost identical or identical configuration, who are also east coast getting their VIN's when they ordered a week after you. It really seems like the system used to assign VIN's is just using random name picker to assign them. Tesla needs to sort their *sugar* out.

Yeah I really wonder how it's assigned... coming up on 30 days. Granted its within their time frame but still bitter

so, the advisors found/find you?

Yes, they reached out to me within two days of order. The other gentlemen reached out after I responded to a text from the company.

When I checked if I was working with the new person now, he said NO, but both would be happy to answer my questions or concerns. Thankfully they both have been responsive to me.

Considering how much grief they must get, I always get a nice response from them. I know it isn't all a canned message either.

Reactions: kylegbraund

I’m having the same feeling. In my case, someone ordered the exact same configuration as me (with the exception of FSD), for delivery at the same location, a week later than me, but already has a VIN. I don’t begrudge that lucky person, but I do wonder why I wasn’t so lucky.

I’m having the same feeling. In my case, someone ordered the exact same configuration as me (with the exception of FSD), for delivery at the same location, a week later than me, but already has a VIN. I don’t begrudge that lucky person, but I do wonder why I wasn’t so lucky.
I read (earlier posts) that cars with the more expensive options are being prioritized. I notice that many orders (from early Sept) with Midnight Silver Metallic without expensive options, such as FSD, have not received VINs (including mine).

I read (earlier posts) that cars with the more expensive options are being prioritized. I notice that many orders (from early Sept) with Midnight Silver Metallic without expensive options, such as FSD, have not received VINs (including mine).
I ordered White with 20” wheels, tow hitch, and FSD so the only more expensive I can get is a different color or the performance model but I don’t see a lot of the performance models going out so not sure.