Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, drop off and leave. The fact that this was the first 'road trip' planned in the BEV is somewhat sobering, especially if you don't have access to an ICE vehicle.

Pulled up ABRP, looks like you really need a charger in Montgomery. Tesla's website says "coming in 2020" for one in Montgomery but they've also been saying that for one we need in Arkansas. Also has one for Tuscaloosa which would be helpful for this trip if it existed today.

Alternatively, using Plugshare's trip planner, it believes you can drive strait across to Livingston (181 miles) and then up to Birmingham's supercharger (112 miles), for a round trip time of 7 hours and 5 minutes. If you stopped in Montgomery at a destination charger and charged while having a meal, plus L1 charged (110v) at your wife's friends house for an hour or two you would have a little room for unexpected losses. I don't know your exact location or exact destination so this might not work. Also PlugShare believes the car will get all of its 316 miles (I guess I need to update that to 326) which we all know is not that likely on a road trip.

I'd be interested to see what the Y says from its navigation system.

Reactions: kylegbraund
y
Pulled up ABRP, looks like you really need a charger in Montgomery. Tesla's website says "coming in 2020" for one in Montgomery but they've also been saying that for one we need in Arkansas. Also has one for Tuscaloosa which would be helpful for this trip if it existed today.

Alternatively, using Plugshare's trip planner, it believes you can drive strait across to Livingston (181 miles) and then up to Birmingham's supercharger (112 miles), for a round trip time of 7 hours and 5 minutes. If you stopped in Montgomery at a destination charger and charged while having a meal, plus L1 charged (110v) at your wife's friends house for an hour or two you would have a little room for unexpected losses. I don't know your exact location or exact destination so this might not work. Also PlugShare believes the car will get all of its 316 miles (I guess I need to update that to 326) which we all know is not that likely on a road trip.

I'd be interested to see what the Y says from its navigation system.
yes, the outgoing trip via B'ham and Tuscaloosa is a bummer as it takes 3 hr 53 m to reach Livingston and arrives with a 30% SOC, not enough to get back to B'ham, but sufficient to reach the SC at Meridian. There is no doubt that a SC at Tuscaloosa would assist. The Montgomery SC not so much (for this trip).

y

yes, the outgoing trip via B'ham and Tuscaloosa is a bummer as it takes 3 hr 53 m to reach Livingston and arrives with a 30% SOC, not enough to get back to B'ham, but sufficient to reach the SC at Meridian. There is no doubt that a SC at Tuscaloosa would assist. The Montgomery SC not so much (for this trip).

Have you found your local/regional group on here? There may (or may not) be some discussion about Tuscaloosa that you can follow.

Plugshare wanted to direct you almost due West across the state. Is that just a bad route?

I'm 100% unfamiliar with the area, but I do enjoy route planning. We've been driving short-range cars for the past 5 years, I feel like the Model Y will mostly be a breeze on trips.

Have you found your local/regional group on here? There may (or may not) be some discussion about Tuscaloosa that you can follow.

Plugshare wanted to direct you almost due West across the state. Is that just a bad route?

I'm 100% unfamiliar with the area, but I do enjoy route planning. We've been driving short-range cars for the past 5 years, I feel like the Model Y will mostly be a breeze on trips.
thanks...good idea re local/regional groups...I'll ck them out

Who were you dealing with when you were making these changes....Tesla Service Center or your SA? How was their response to so many 'rejections'?

My SA at local Burbank CA center. They had no issues and readily did that for me within 20 seconds of calling in. I don't understand why they would be annoyed when Tesla is losing nothing. I am still their customer :)

Reactions: kylegbraund
Ordered Sept 30 from Ottawa, ON, Canada. I never heard from a SA so I used Tesla chat Tuesday night. The chat person was super helpful, they talked to someone internally and then got my SA to call me while as I was on the call. Two days later got my VIN. 646xx for delivery Nov 9
I couldn't find the link to chat anywhere over the Tesla site. I have used it a couple of days ago. It popped up from the lower right of the main page. Looks like they have disabled it.

Does anyone know if having the tow hitch option can delay getting a VIN? I ordered my MY LR with a tow hitch and I’ve heard a rumor that having that option can delay getting a VIN but I wanted to see if others have actually experienced this.
AFAIK, the hitch is installed at the SC and not at the factory, which kind of makes sense as you can order the hitch anytime via the store

That’s how they did it in the early days, now they are put on at the factory. I believe this happened sometime around August.
ok, that's great. I was at the SC checking out a MY in the parking lot and chatting with a SA. I mentioned I was getting one with a tow hitch and he said they would put it on there. I don't think I was clear enough when telling him. He probably thought that I was going to order the hitch after getting the car.

Reactions: imola.zhp
“Model Y’s are starting to come with double-pane windows (VIN upper 63K delivered yesterday),” from an article in todays Teslarati news re Tesla's efforts to dampen cabin noise. My future car is in the upper 62K VIN, so am wondering if my car misses out on this?

Bummer. I just upgraded to a new phone and now realize that my Multifactor Authentication codes did not transfer. Hence, I am unable to access my Tesla account. Have left messages at Tesla contacts but so far have not heard from anyone. Has anyone had similar problems and found a solution?