Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MSM with black interior on 20OCT2020, no VIN. Telsa SA called and said there is a Blue with white Interior arriving and the person who it was assigned to is on vacation and is mine if I wanted. VIN 69xxx, I said yes and scheduled to pick it up this weekend 14NOV2020. I am in MA.

I received my Model y last month. I have the VIN, but how do I find the build date?
Sticker in the driver side door jam! With all the tire info

That is only month and year (at least on mine). I asked the person I set up the delivery with and she looked it up. She referred to it as it's birthday. I did feel a bit like I was buying a cabbage patch doll. Really? A birthday?

Sticker in the driver side door jam! With all the tire info

I checked and the sticker only has the tire information and the last 5 digits of the VIN. Same with my wife's FIAT 500e. My Roadster has two sets of tiny numbers at the bottom of the sticker and I have no idea what they mean but not the VIN or built date.

Any other ideas as to how to find out?

(BTW it is amazing to think there were 1500 Roadsters made for the USA from 2008-2012--and there are more than 40,000 Model Y cars made so far this year!)

I checked and the sticker only has the tire information and the last 5 digits of the VIN. Same with my wife's FIAT 500e. My Roadster has two sets of tiny numbers at the bottom of the sticker and I have no idea what they mean but not the VIN or built date.

Any other ideas as to how to find out?

(BTW it is amazing to think there were 1500 Roadsters made for the USA from 2008-2012--and there are more than 40,000 Model Y cars made so far this year!)

Not that one up by the latch. Lower near the sill / rocker panel

PXL_20201111_033856458.png

Reactions: Frank N. Stein
Not that one up by the latch. Lower near the sill / rocker panel

View attachment 607312

Ahha! Thanks. When you look at the left front door at the lower right corner the label is right there facing out sideways when you open the door. Mine says '10/20' which must mean month and year and not day as I picked mine up 10/16/2020.

I looked at my Roadster again and similar label is there also--but this time on the door itself. I wouldn't think they would put it on a door as this is a part that might be replaced--not a fixture of the main car body.

Ordered MY, Blue, B&W interior, 19" on Nov 5 and just got VIN 75xxx today (9 days after order) in Jax, FL. I had read on another forum that East coast was getting theirs quicker and West will get them towards end of quarter (no idea if that is true). Car was born on 11/12 and is already on a train.

I ordered my MY about Oct 1. Build date was 10/10 and delivery 10/16. Not bad! Almost a month of ownership and I am gradually learning the bells and whistles.

Question: my VIN is 60xxx. What was the first 2021 Model VIN? Were there any significant changes in the 2021 model compared to the 2020 model?

Ordered MYP, Pearl White, FSD, No Tow on 11/9. Received VIN 11/13. Just received email for delivery options on the first few days of December. Located in Tennessee. 729xx
Congrats to you, WTF to me. Ordered 10/8 from FL, MYP, MSM w/white int., no FSD or tow...still no VIN or a peep from Tesla. Already renewed my trade-in once. A’int gonna lie, jealous AF. Enjoy the hell out of it...

Ordered MYP, Pearl White, FSD, No Tow on 11/9. Received VIN 11/13. Just received email for delivery options on the first few days of December. Located in Tennessee. 729xx

Congrats to you, WTF to me. Ordered 10/8 from FL, MYP, MSM w/white int., no FSD or tow...still no VIN or a peep from Tesla. Already renewed my trade-in once. A’int gonna lie, jealous AF. Enjoy the hell out of it...

I'm in the same boat as you, TheTranquilOne. Ordered 10/18 in Arkansas, MYP, MSM, black interior, FSD, and Tow. About to get my renewed trade-in this week. Anyway to know if the account is match ready? All tasks are complete except insurance, but that needs a VIN in my state, so I think I'm good, but two different SAs mentioned it, but with no follow up when pressed.

I'm just hoping the MSMs are on the line this week. According to the tracking sheet seems they are delivering white and blue right now.