Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we get a passenger lumbar question on the list
Author is against adding every feature change in last year plus as it would bog down the spreadsheet, and it makes good sense. New rear lights, USB in glovebox, heated steering wheel, rear casting, center console, new headlights, etc... Tesla makes changes all the time so few months from now when they’re on to hover mode they’ll want to be tracking that instead of lack of lumbar support haha. I’ve always been of mindset that it’s similar to a computer and you’ll always be bummed by the new features and advances, or bummed they removed some (radar, lumbar). Just order when it makes sense to you and know you’re getting one of the best rides out there and it’s worth every $ and then some! For example, I was literally 2 days out from when they switched over to the new center console on my Y, but within a few weeks they raised prices a few grand. Win some / lose some.

Author is against adding every feature change in last year plus as it would bog down the spreadsheet, and it makes good sense. New rear lights, USB in glovebox, heated steering wheel, rear casting, center console, new headlights, etc... Tesla makes changes all the time so few months from now when they’re on to hover mode they’ll want to be tracking that instead of lack of lumbar support haha. I’ve always been of mindset that it’s similar to a computer and you’ll always be bummed by the new features and advances, or bummed they removed some (radar, lumbar). Just order when it makes sense to you and know you’re getting one of the best rides out there and it’s worth every $ and then some! For example, I was literally 2 days out from when they switched over to the new center console on my Y, but within a few weeks they raised prices a few grand. Win some / lose some.
fair enough!

Hello everyone! Excited to be here and excited to have just placed my order online. MY long range, white 7 seater. Is it normal to have an estimated delivery of September, and then have it move closer as time goes on?
Welcome. Yes, I ordered Saturday 6/12 and my est del date has changed 4 times - forwards and backwards. today's est is looking quite good, but it will change

Projected delivery window was July 25-August 15 as of last night. Changed to September this morning.
I ordered on June 5th. Original delivery was 9-13 weeks, then updated to June 23-June 30, updated a few days ago to July 31-Aug 20, then updated to September this morning.

Should I be doing anything else on my end? I have not received a VIN yet, so can't set up insurance, and am not able to finalize my loan without the VIN either.

At least the September thing is happening to others. I wonder if it's due to a supply chain issue? It would be odd if it was just bad guesstimating, as I'd think they'd be more accurate than that.

After all the flippity-floppity delivery projection nonsense of the last month and a half, I just got a VIN on my 4/8/21 reorder (I rejected an early delivery on a march order, so this is the date I went back to the back of the line) - SF Bay Area Model Y black w/white ; adding data to spreadsheet as I have it.

Reactions: Gor-Gor
Delivery dates were shifting on the MYLR 7 / 20" Induction / Hitch - originally June 13-30 then did the dlivery dance, went to 6/18 - 6/30 etc....

Today it states: 7/18 - 8/7

I have noticed the 7 seaters + hitch + lease have been minimally delivered OR they just aren't ordered enough (via the Google Sheet Tracker on this site)

Placed my order for MY LR Midnight Silver with 20" Induction rims, has black interior and 7 seats. Placed order on 6/19 and originally stated September before jumping around. Now it has been steady on July 12 - August 1. Hope that somewhat holds since I sold my truck and motorcycle this weekend. I will be "borrowing" cars from my wife and kids until this comes in.

Ordered on May 31 (Memorial Day) and delivery showed 2 weeks. Within a couple of days, it was July, then September, then bouncing around until the past few days where it's been solid:

DateEDD
6/198/12 - 9/11
6/238/17 - 9/6
6/24 8/10 - 8/30
6/258/7 - 8/27
6/268/11 - 8/31
6/308/11 - 8/31

Electrician is installing my charger this week.

I've adjusted my expectations around an August delivery, though I'm still pissed that the 2-week delivery timeframe when I ordered it smells like bait and switch. MY|AWD LR|MSM|5 seat|19"|no hitch

Ordered on May 31 (Memorial Day) and delivery showed 2 weeks. Within a couple of days, it was July, then September, then bouncing around until the past few days where it's been solid:

DateEDD
6/198/12 - 9/11
6/238/17 - 9/6
6/24 8/10 - 8/30
6/258/7 - 8/27
6/268/11 - 8/31
6/308/11 - 8/31

Electrician is installing my charger this week.

I've adjusted my expectations around an August delivery, though I'm still pissed that the 2-week delivery timeframe when I ordered it smells like bait and switch. MY|AWD LR|MSM|5 seat|19"|no hitch
and as of today, it's one week out more! 8/18 - 9/7. ugh.