Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Promotion: You mod A&Es Model S (people's choice design)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- - - Updated - - -

People's Choice Question #1
--------------------------------------
Exterior:
NO CHROME!

1. Wrap all the chrome in 3M matte black film?
2. Wrap all the chrome in 3M satin black film?
3. Wrap all the chrome in 3M gloss black film?

People's Choice. You Decide.

Also #2

Fun Idea: Tesla T is large on the hood like the old firebirds.

Have the nosecone match the body color and show off the fact that there is no grill.

An homage on the interior to the prototype. It was pretty nice looking.

Good luck.

For the interior

Saddle leather with a baseball stitch.
Natural lacewood.
Definitely pockets And upholstery on the back of the seats.
Not black carpet.
USB under the infotainment, and USB for the rear seats too with enough power for iPad.
Simple way to hang iPads off back of seats
Fold down rear seat console w storage for iPads.
Better cup holders, but keep some of that open space.
Heated steering wheel
Good trunk and front trunk lighting
A hook that folds flush when not in use for dry cleaning/dinner jacket
A better visor mirror with light
Better air for the 3 rd row
Upholster that crossbar on the ceiling

Outside
A dark green ala 70's jag, but w more depth.
Tint that glass.
Wrap all the chrome to match the stock 21" charcoal wheels

Btw except for the paint (definitely keeping the sig red)what would the above cost?

- - - Updated - - -

Might as well add some matching custom luggage for the front trunk.

Great ideas!

How about something like this (Speed Racer)?

Speed_Racer_Wallpapers.jpg

Elie,

Great stuff. I vote for classy, over flames.

What about a very subtle two-tone, with darker color low and lighter vibrant tone high... forgot what that's called.

I would love to see a nice set of side skirts on the car along with 15mm spacers on all corners (I already did that with mine through Globe Tire) and the front grill would look awesome in a black mesh grill ala their concept car originally with a red "T" in the center of the grill. And if I had the balls I would do a really cool "electricity" graphic like the ones below on each side of the car and maybe even the hood!
electricity.jpg
11844848-electric-cord-with-electricity-sparkls-as-symbol-of-power.jpg

So haters, come out to play because the moderators are validating your vitriol

I love most of the TMC community, but I'm sorry to say that the TMC that I joined, loved and promoted and have contributed to since 2007 has changed and although change is inevitable and although there has been exponential traffic increase some of the moderators have responded to the vocal peddlers of hate at the expense of the mission of TMC which I would think should be simply either to promote Tesla or to promote EVs. By moderators continuing to point to some people going crazy when I or A-E post about an Al & Ed's modification seem to be more greasing the squeaky wheel. I guess what do they say, 'if you're not getting flack, you're not over the target!' So haters, come out to play because the moderators are validating your vitriol by deleting or moving posts because of a perceived commercial aspect. Never mind the fact is to ask "if a perceived commercial aspect bad if it still is promoting the Tesla brand?" :cursing:

I mean no disrespect to the over-worked, underpaid moderators but maybe they are not to blame? Okay, truth is that they're not paid & I applaud their stepping up but that does not mean they get a pass (for anyone who's ever watched youth sport and were appalled at reffing but were told that the refs are all volunteers).

1. Maybe they need to get together and set a litmus test that actually is evidenced-based and factually listed & maybe even published rather than respond simply to the slings and arrows of the hateful few and licking their finger and holding it up to see which way the wind is blowing?
  2. Maybe someone higher up should be creating a TMC sub-forum for Customization.
  3. Maybe TMC should offer promo packages so that Al & Ed's and anyone else can "pay to play".

These questions are posed from a guy who has a thread that was also nearly yanked/moved (I must have one friend somewhere who stuck up for me - thank you also to Bonnie for your past kudos) and now has over 85,000 page views worldwide. Hasn't that helped to promote Tesla and EVs? Check out my most recent account at how promotion can get the word out in other ways: Ferrari, Tesla, Keeping up with the Kardashians @ SuperCar Sunday! But enough about me (I know some want to give me a winky wink on that)... :rolleyes:

No disrespect either to the posters like Artsci who post all the great mods he's doing. Nor to the posters who mention their shops who did their work and those are too numerous to name. Then there are the others who have seen a need and a cottage industry of aftermarket products was born and I see their posts about mesh tops for the Roadster, locking the J1772 to the MS, the center console and even TMC's promotion of Teslive to name only a few. Keep it all coming, I say. And if someone doesn't want to read it... hmmm, maybe the solution is to just not read it?

Artsci is being singled out because I think he does great work. Does Elie (a major sponsor of Teslive), who's extremed over 100 Teslas since 2008, was DIRECTLY responsible for the Roadster interior 2.5 design, not do good work too? Why does his post get moved? Step back and think about it? The only reason I can think of is jealousy! Elie's post herein is about a car that HE bought for HIMSELF. Let's start there; we've brought him into the fold & converted him. How about an 'attaboy'! He's got a great promotional idea with a 'power to the people' design. What? Did I say a dirty word? "Promotional?" Go back to that mission statement. How is that harming Tesla or TMC or EV? I think that our political society of vilifying entrepreneurship has percolated here on TMC.

Moderators, tell us why a guy who owns a Tesla and is modifying it can post stuff in the interior/exterior section of Model S where it belongs but when he owns a customizing shop, his thread gets deleted or relegated to an inappropriate 'for sale' section of the forum?

I may not be the 1st into the fray, but I'll probably be bloodied the most!
:scared:
That being said I think we need a beer summit! Maybe @ Teslive we can take pictures like this?

As Elie may have told you, I directly responded to his pm explaining the reasons. We're trying to keep a level playing field here. I've also clearly stated that I admire A&E's work. While I was not the one who moved the thread, I believe it was the right (and fair) decision. It isn't hidden, it isn't buried (just look at the number of people who have posted here), and it isn't unfair. I have heard ZERO talk from moderators regarding responding to vocal peddlers of hate (and in fact, I believe other moderators responded quickly to your complaint about a specific post, moving it to snippiness - even though calling it 'hate speech' seemed a bit overly dramatic). Moving stuff to a commercial area is not being put into a timeout. No one is saying it is because of harm. The intent is to group things where it is the most helpful. That's it. No nefarious unspoken intentions. And, for the record ... most of the stuff you name as examples are also in a commercial area of the forum. I personally think that's helpful to someone shopping around.

I agree that both a customization and commercial areas of the forum should be created. But c'mon ... the mods are a small crew. We're never going to be perfect, we're never going to always get it right, but as a team, we try to get it right. The intentions are always good.

If you feel something unfair is happening, pm me. I may agree with you. Or I may disagree and explain the reasoning. We are not going to please everyone. (And, as many can tell you, a pm is typically where I start when there is a disagreement. No need to squabble publicly when we all (I think) respect each other.)

My dream Model S would be a super clean look. I would love to see a very unique color for the exterior. Maybe a dark mauve or deep red/crimson. Next would be a two tone leather interior with brown and tan ditching the black floor carpeting and using a brown carpet.

Next up would be the exterior. Keep it simple and design a lowering kit that you could produce and sell to the public. Finally set it off with a set of staggered flush wheels with a deep face and plenty of lip. Brushed aluminum face and polished lip. Close it out by making a set of spoilers. One roof spoiler above the rear glass and one for the hatch similar the stock TM spoiler. Keep both spoilers low profile as to not ruin the original flow and lines.

I love the VIP look and I think the Model S would be gorgeous in that getup.

BTW - I would buy every single component from you as described above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Love your design! I have something in the works that you will like. Big unveiling at Teslive!

- - - Updated - - -

I love most of the TMC community, but I'm sorry to say that the TMC that I joined, loved and promoted and have contributed to since 2007 has changed and although change is inevitable and although there has been exponential traffic increase some of the moderators have responded to the vocal peddlers of hate at the expense of the mission of TMC which I would think should be simply either to promote Tesla or to promote EVs. By moderators continuing to point to some people going crazy when I or A-E post about an Al & Ed's modification seem to be more greasing the squeaky wheel. I guess what do they say, 'if you're not getting flack, you're not over the target!' So haters, come out to play because the moderators are validating your vitriol by deleting or moving posts because of a perceived commercial aspect. Never mind the fact is to ask "if a perceived commercial aspect bad if it still is promoting the Tesla brand?" :cursing:

I mean no disrespect to the over-worked, underpaid moderators but maybe they are not to blame? Okay, truth is that they're not paid & I applaud their stepping up but that does not mean they get a pass (for anyone who's ever watched youth sport and were appalled at reffing but were told that the refs are all volunteers).

1. Maybe they need to get together and set a litmus test that actually is evidenced-based and factually listed & maybe even published rather than respond simply to the slings and arrows of the hateful few and licking their finger and holding it up to see which way the wind is blowing?
  2. Maybe someone higher up should be creating a TMC sub-forum for Customization.
  3. Maybe TMC should offer promo packages so that Al & Ed's and anyone else can "pay to play".

These questions are posed from a guy who has a thread that was also nearly yanked/moved (I must have one friend somewhere who stuck up for me - thank you also to Bonnie for your past kudos) and now has over 85,000 page views worldwide. Hasn't that helped to promote Tesla and EVs? Check out my most recent account at how promotion can get the word out in other ways: Ferrari, Tesla, Keeping up with the Kardashians @ SuperCar Sunday! But enough about me (I know some want to give me a winky wink on that)... :rolleyes:

No disrespect either to the posters like Artsci who post all the great mods he's doing. Nor to the posters who mention their shops who did their work and those are too numerous to name. Then there are the others who have seen a need and a cottage industry of aftermarket products was born and I see their posts about mesh tops for the Roadster, locking the J1772 to the MS, the center console and even TMC's promotion of Teslive to name only a few. Keep it all coming, I say. And if someone doesn't want to read it... hmmm, maybe the solution is to just not read it?

Artsci is being singled out because I think he does great work. Does Elie (a major sponsor of Teslive), who's extremed over 100 Teslas since 2008, was DIRECTLY responsible for the Roadster interior 2.5 design, not do good work too? Why does his post get moved? Step back and think about it? The only reason I can think of is jealousy! Elie's post herein is about a car that HE bought for HIMSELF. Let's start there; we've brought him into the fold & converted him. How about an 'attaboy'! He's got a great promotional idea with a 'power to the people' design. What? Did I say a dirty word? "Promotional?" Go back to that mission statement. How is that harming Tesla or TMC or EV? I think that our political society of vilifying entrepreneurship has percolated here on TMC.

Moderators, tell us why a guy who owns a Tesla and is modifying it can post stuff in the interior/exterior section of Model S where it belongs but when he owns a customizing shop, his thread gets deleted or relegated to an inappropriate 'for sale' section of the forum?

I may not be the 1st into the fray, but I'll probably be bloodied the most!
:scared:
That being said I think we need a beer summit! Maybe @ Teslive we can take pictures like this?

Thank you once Ian for your continued support. It really means a lot to me. I have been discussing with Bonnie1194 about a new area for Model S called customization. I would like to sponsor that category. Hopefully we can come to an agreement soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly off-topic, but what's this:

View attachment 23075

I didn't have it in my car when I stripped out the frunk...is it sound insulation?

Good eye! That is the mounting panel that we built for the amplifier, processor and additional hidden audio components.

So to be clear, it's not up to me. (No, really, I'm NOT the center of the world!) But Elie has been helpful with suggestions, I've shared with the the TMC powers-that-be & I'm sure we'll have a resolution here shortly.

In the meantime, please carry on and enjoy the show. :)

Just want to note that I only looked at *where* this thread was after the fuss was made.

Never would've noticed otherwise. My 'workflow' is to see what is interesting in the latest threads, which includes all forums. And this is interesting to me because I spend some "Tesla Time" every weekend it seems and it is nice to note there is a healthy customization market out there.

I like to see these types of threads, but like Jason S don't really look at which section they are in. I think it would be great to have a customization link for those who don't scope out all the new posts or workflow or who would like to avoid threads that they feel are commercialized.

Just want to note that I only looked at *where* this thread was after the fuss was made.
Same here...
I think some people put waaaay to much importance on where something is and then go debating about form instead of debating the content.
It really doesn't matter, what matters it that it exists and is included into What's new? function.I couldn't care less about which subforum this particular thread is located in.I never read the path to some thread, I read the thread.IMHO a way better system of organizing dynamic things like conversations is dynamic tagging. Tag this thread with Al&Ed Ultrasound and let it live and die it's own life on its own.

Elie, I wish I had the S for you to make some money on my dreams coming true :D

As for your question .... 2. Wrap all the chrome in 3M satin black film.

The Tesla community has spoken... I will be wrapping all the exterior chrome elements of the car in 3M satin black wrap material.

Thank you for all the thread comments, PM's and emails. We will be wrapping it on Thursday. Pics to follow. I promise.

- - - Updated - - -

People's Choice Question #2
--------------------------------------
Interior: Complete change. New upholstery using Ferrari leather hides.

1. Ferrari creme
2. Ferrari Rosso
3. Ferrari black

I plan to reupholster the seats, headliner (yes in leather), dash, complete doors, center console and lower dash. Basically the complete interior.

People's Choice. You Decide.

1. Reply (with quote) your comments on the tread
2. Email me at [email protected]
3. Send me a PM
4. Call me at 310.920.5454