Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I’m new here and have skimmed this thread and have a plan that may be useful. Sorry if I overlooked someone mentioning this already.

I’m planning on using a dedicated Android device and use Macrodroid to turn the display on/off. I’ve written two simple macros. One activity based that turns the display on when I’m driving and off when still. Another that turns Bluetooth on when the display is on and off when the display is off. Then it’ll disconnect from Teslogic, allowing Teslogic to sleep. Fingers crossed this solves this problem.

My first android device only had Bluetooth 4.0 and I got a warning that the hardware was too slow. The Max Speed for autopilot wasn’t updating properly. I have a new device with Bluetooth 5.2 coming today. Fingers crossed it was a Bluetooth problem and not a software bug because I use Autopilot a lot.
Have you found an android device designed to handle the heat in a car? I tried an old phone, but it became useless when left in a car in the sun, even when it was not hot outside.

I just posted some of my experience and solutions in detail here.

It refers to the speed limit. If you're under, it's green, slightly over, yellow, way over red.
That’s not what I’m seeing. Here are two screenshots where I am well above the speed limit in both, and it goes from green to red with 1 MPH apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0962.png
    IMG_0962.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0961.png
    IMG_0961.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 66
Hi all, just wanted to weigh in that I’ve been very happy with my dedicated Teslogic setup.

I used a Peak Design charging car mount and an iPhone 12 mini in the Peak Design case. I really like the stronger magnets on this system. Easily removed when parking somewhere in public.

I wish it would automatically turn on it and off but it’s just a quick power button and swipe before going. I went with an iOS device because we’re in that ecosystem. The air blowing on the phone keeps it from overheating on drives.
IMG_1512.jpeg
IMG_1513.jpeg

Hi all, just wanted to weigh in that I’ve been very happy with my dedicated Teslogic setup.

I used a Peak Design charging car mount and an iPhone 12 mini in the Peak Design case. I really like the stronger magnets on this system. Easily removed when parking somewhere in public.

I wish it would automatically turn on it and off but it’s just a quick power button and swipe before going. I went with an iOS device because we’re in that ecosystem. The air blowing on the phone keeps it from overheating on drives.View attachment 962788View attachment 962789
Nice setup. Just don't leave it in the car during the summer month. It doesn't take much heat to stop working.

Nice setup. Just don't leave it in the car during the summer month. It doesn't take much heat to stop working.
Fair enough. I'm fortunate to have garage parking at home and at work. I haven't actually tried leaving it out when parked in the sun since I take it off and hide it (or put it in my bag). But I have been outdoors in direct sunlight and heat and had my phone shut down.

Another added bonus of a dedicated setup is that I can turn off all the notifications and texts.

Fair enough. I'm fortunate to have garage parking at home and at work. I haven't actually tried leaving it out when parked in the sun since I take it off and hide it (or put it in my bag). But I have been outdoors in direct sunlight and heat and had my phone shut down.

Another added bonus of a dedicated setup is that I can turn off all the notifications and texts.
Looks good but if you ever reconsider think about going Android. I’m all iOS but went Android for my dedicated Teslogic screen. Since that’s all it’s doing it doesn’t have to live in the ecosystem of my other stuff. Also with Android being customizable I used Macrodroid to have it turn on/off on its own. It also turns Bluetooth off when the screen is off. To my understanding the Teslogic box being disconnected from a Bluetooth device allows it to sleep. Just some food for thought.

Turning off the iPhone manually at the end of the drive seems to disconnect from Bluetooth (based on the initial message I get of no transmitter found when I turn it back on).

I thought hard about the Android but had a hard time finding the intersection of affordable, having wireless charging, and being able to add Magsafe capabilities (or better yet, having a Peak Design compatible case). A cheap Android phone and case with a universal Peak Design adapter and wired charging would be more "integrated" as you described. But I like the easy detachability and reconnection of my setup. Sadly Shortcuts doesn't appear to match Macrodroid's capabilities.

All valid points. I spent more than I wanted to on a refurbed OnePlus 9 phone on Amazon. It checked all the boxes. Wireless charging, subtle camera hole, Bluetooth 5.2, flat screen, thin and mostly symmetrical bezel. I used the Teslogic mount and wireless charger. The adhesive wireless charging ring wouldn’t stay stuck to the phone. So I Gorilla Glued it on.

Reactions: scrubadub
Anyone have this issue? Keeps disconnecting momentarily to the point of unusability. Worked great for nearly a year. Using the same phone. I recognize this is likely a Bluetooth issue and not related to Teslogic tech.

Attachments

• 7405C399-AD60-4C37-BFF1-79F8DF52292F.png
    7405C399-AD60-4C37-BFF1-79F8DF52292F.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 52
Anyone have this issue? Keeps disconnecting momentarily to the point of unusability. Worked great for nearly a year. Using the same phone. I recognize this is likely a Bluetooth issue and not related to Teslogic tech.
I get this error all the time on two different vehicles. It goes away after a short time and I don't notice any problems, so I'm guessing it's a bug in the software. I also get one that my bluetooth is too slow. I have a Pixel 6, not a budget phone. I wish they would fix it.

After the rigamarole with Hansshow's 6.86 display I decided to get this baby. I really do need a front bumper camera someday so I hope that's on your upgrade radar in the future!

In the meantime, the immediate safety this panel affords AND the fact it doesn't have to 24-7 block airflow because you can remove it has sold me.

Also teslogic's customer support is awesome, some of the best.

On that, thanks for putting up with the back and forth for my order. Truly support what you guys are doing and am super excited to install this.

How much does it block the air vents? I live in a really hot climate and the last thing I want is impeded airflow from the AC system. It is going to be 107F here this week.
I'm getting my teslogic soon but I've done extensive research on this and frankly you cannot get better than teslogic if you want a instrument panel because this is the only screen I've seen that is removable and uses your phone. If you're even halfway entertaining an instrument panel this is the only viable option on the market that won't block airflow to your face because it's the size of your phone AND you can remove it when it's extreme 107F weather.

Again I'll let you know in a week or so but every review I've seen is awesome. I'll only mourn the potential of a bumper camera but I'm sure I'll be super happy with this in general. :)

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200