Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test car spotted with new sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does BMW get a POV outside of the car? That's amazing.

All top down view systems have a POV outside the car since they generally look down from about 10 feet above the vehicle roof.

It's all done with clever image processing taking the various camera views and remapping them onto a different set of surfaces. As soon as you get near to any other solid objects the effect tends to break down, but that doesn't stop it being very useful and intuitive.

I think this feature is amazing, especially the side POV and how well it seems to stitch and map the images. I know Tesla's resources are limited, but it's with these types of "wow" technologies that Tesla could really differentiate itself. It was a wow for me, anyway! :)

I think this feature is amazing, especially the side POV and how well it seems to stitch and map the images. I know Tesla's resources are limited, but it's with these types of "wow" technologies that Tesla could really differentiate itself. It was a wow for me, anyway! :)
I think Tesla differentiates itself by having a battery rather than an internal combustion engine. That's all the differentiation I'm interested in.