TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Test drive before purchase?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jgillispie, Oct 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Supporting Member

If you choose to test drive a M3 before you purchase NOW...then you might not get your M3 until 2019.

2. 808?

808? Member

Test drive a Model S, the Model 3 will be slightly smaller and less lux bits. But drive wise, it should be very similar.

3. Garlan Garner

I'm not sure about that at all.

However, I'm not sure why there is a need to test drive. Its going to be frekin awesome.

4. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

That's what I was thinking. I've test driven P90D but that's nowhere like what I'm going to get with the 3. I'm going to schedule a drive in a 60 at some point and see if I really can't live without a speed upgrade.

5. Garlan Garner

Oh boy...are you sure you want to do that? lol

You might get hooked on speed. <----- you know what I mean.

• Funny x 1
  6. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

That's what I thought about the trunk (yes, I'm one of those). :p

7. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

I hope not. Those new seats in the Model S hit me right in the top of the spine. Why do they stick out and why cannot they be adjusted up or down? There were a few Model S 60s that I was thinking about buying instead of waiting, but the rear headroom and that seat headrest were what broke the deal for me (and someone beat me to them). I would HATE to discover something I cannot live with, in a $58,000 car.

-Randy

• Like x 1
  8. Phrixotrichus

Phrixotrichus Member

The impressions I got from the interior via the videos so far have been worrying. I´ll definitely not blind-buy.
    I´d rather wait longer than purchase a car that I might not like.

9. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

At this point, I'm all-in. My first "test drive" will probably be when I pick mine up. If they get demo cars in before mine is delivered, might go test drive one with my wife for s**ts and giggles, but not a requirement for me.

10. EvilNuff

EvilNuff Member

A bit of an old thread resurrected but my local Tesla store said they have been told that they will get a Model 3 Q1 next year. They will contact local reservation holders to schedule a test drive at that time.

11. timk225

timk225 Active Member

I'm not hitting that order button until I test drive a 3, I don't care if I have to wait longer.

12. Garlan Garner

Fine with me.