Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

test drove 2021 model s plaid (comparison to modded model 3 performance)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you buy it new or used?
Brand new. Sept of last year
I want Acceleration Boost for the Plaid! I’ve had this car for a year and a half. It’s time to eke out a little more performance. The new Dodge is going to dethrone the Plaid as the quickest everyday mass-produced street car.
Unfortunately it will. I don’t believe 1.6 until I see it!! If it can, I will be very impressed. Interesting to see you want a performance boost on the plaid😂

Cons:
-turn signals on yoke not intuitive (prefer the stalk)
-acceleration doesn't feel visceral, way too smooth and uneventful
-seats could have better side bolsters and base of seat feels a little hard
-not as agile as model 3 and a feels bit floaty at times
Plaid is definitely floaty when suspension is set at Comfort especially at freeway speeds. Setting it to Sport firms it up noticeably and actually more comfortable to occupants (at freeway speeds).

I have to say this whole topic is strange. MS and M3 are different categories of cars. Its basically like saying the M3 is smaller and hence better!

That being said, I do find it strange that M3P owners think of their cars as somehow class leading for performance. Apart from initial acceleration they are bottom of the league. I used to think of BMW M3's as just being a family car with a rock hard suspension compared to real performance cars - but the Tesla M3 is even more so.