Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dallas Tesla called this morning, The Blue Bunny arrives this afternoon and they will drive it to my house tomorrow afternoon if it is OK with me! Nooo problem, sez I.
For those of you not in Dallas County, Texas, the county goes on Shelter-in-place at midnight tonight. But I hear auto repair places are "essential" and will remain open.
In any case, they saved me a drive over to Love Field. For that, they get a Whataburger gift card.

Reactions: superblast
I got email yesterday saying packet would be overnighted. FedEx just dropped it off.

Man, lucky for you. I have a FedEx account, and saw the FedEx packet's label was printed on last Saturday, and supposed to be delivered Monday 03/23 10AM. That didn't happen and now the tracking is up in the air....so frustrated because no communication from my Delivery Advisor (Las Vegas team) about this.

Man, lucky for you. I have a FedEx account, and saw the FedEx packet's label was printed on last Saturday, and supposed to be delivered Monday 03/23 10AM. That didn't happen and now the tracking is up in the air....so frustrated because no communication from my Delivery Advisor (Las Vegas team) about this.
I wouldn't think that the Delivery Advisor would check unless you asked them to, and even then they would probably just send you to FedEx tracking site as they don't have any inside information to what FedEx does.

I wouldn't think that the Delivery Advisor would check unless you asked them to, and even then they would probably just send you to FedEx tracking site as they don't have any inside information to what FedEx does.

Yesterday I went on Tesla.com and chat with them. Finally they were able to get a hold of Inside Delivery Team (Las Vegas) and send out FedEx packet to me. Should be arriving today, and I will send them back today immediately to avoid further delays.

Reactions: jerry33
I got a call on Monday from the Dallas Salon/Service center that The Blue Bunny was in town. They said they would deliver it Tuesday sometime, as they were keeping the Service Center open, but did not want to have the public in the Salon.
Sure enough, at 1030 hours, two Blue Model 3s showed up, the guy got out of The Blue Bunny wearing a mask and gloves, held a tablet in front of my wife who scrawled her name with a Q-Tip which he proffered from a paper wrapper, he handed us a plastic bag with the key card folder and some paperwork, and took off in the other blue Model 3.
Our steering wheel was wrapped in three layers of plastic. They really missed a good opportunity. I would have used one of those "Sanitized For Your Protection" straps the hotels used to put on the crapper seats.
Tesla closed the Tarrant County and other Salons for the duration of the Panic of 2020.
Wednesday we got a notification that there was an update available, which went through this morning. And this morning, I got an update notification for The Good Ship Venus of an update. 2020..8.2 dc9bc402da23, whatever that means.
Beer dispenser enabled, maybe?
Oh well, I am off to the car wash with a bucket and a mitt. The rain we have had here lately has taken its toll on the cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMAlset
I am in Austin. I put the deposit down about four weeks ago after going to the store to checkout the other models. I was told the MY would take from 6 to 9 months to deliver. Three days ago I got a text saying that my car was on its way and that delivery would happen tomorrow (3/27). I ordered the Midnight Silver Long Range with the 20" Induction Wheels. I had to rush yesterday getting all the paperwork squared away. I don't even have the connector installed in my house but luckily I have three public chargers within three blocks. I also have a trade-in. I was impressed with the fact that the appraisal came back giving me 5k more than Carmax! Anyway, ... all ready to accept delivery to my house in downtown Austin. However, I just got a text saying that delivery is delayed and will arrive now on Tuesday (3/31) at 6PM. I am sure they want to deliver as many as they can before the end of the quarter.

By the way ... the communication over email from Tesla has been amazing. Great customer service and very responsive. I am definitely impressed so far with the entire process. I would be less happy if getting the paperwork done without notice would have been an issue.

Hector

Same experience for me. Pickup tomorrow (Atlanta - Decatur DC) ahead of original schedule Midnight Silver LR AWD 20” black interior.
My only confusion is on payment. I called to ask for wiring instructions and the DC employee told me not to worry about it. Has anyone wired funds after inspection at pickup site? Or, ACH?

Houston TX - Update: My MY's original delivery date is Saturday 03/28 1PM. Delivery team called me yesterday morning and asked if they can push it to Monday 03/30, since the shipment is coming late. Oh well, another weekend without my Model Y so I can do hand car wash...

Houston TX - Update: My MY's original delivery date is Saturday 03/28 1PM. Delivery team called me yesterday morning and asked if they can push it to Monday 03/30, since the shipment is coming late. Oh well, another weekend without my Model Y so I can do hand car wash...

Yeah, I just talked to my rep. They pushed back the date because of the wheels I picked. If I would have stayed with the stock wheels for the Long range they would have delivered it tomorrow. She said they have to swap the tires and at the moment they are extra busy so they pushed the date for Tuesday the 31st. She said I could actually get it on Monday if I chose to go to their Tesla delivery center in Austin. I might just do that. : )