Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally! I actually found a link on the Texas DMV web site that allowed me to get a temporary 72hr license tag. I paid $25 online and printed it at home. I called Tesla and let them know that all temp permits got a 60-day extension because of the virus. They allowed me to pick up the Y today. It is amazing. This morning the electrician installed the 14-50 NEMA plug. Everything worked out beautifully today. The people at the Austin delivery center are very professional and courteous. It was a touchless delivery. The let me check out the car on my own and then gave me a glove that used to sign on one screen. Nothing else. This is the way car buying should always be! On my way home, two tesla drivers gave me "thumbs up". Loving it.

Finally! I actually found a link on the Texas DMV web site that allowed me to get a temporary 72hr license tag. I paid $25 online and printed it at home. I called Tesla and let them know that all temp permits got a 60-day extension because of the virus. They allowed me to pick up the Y today. It is amazing. This morning the electrician installed the 14-50 NEMA plug. Everything worked out beautifully today. The people at the Austin delivery center are very professional and courteous. It was a touchless delivery. The let me check out the car on my own and then gave me a glove that used to sign on one screen. Nothing else. This is the way car buying should always be! On my way home, two tesla drivers gave me "thumbs up". Loving it.
Congratulations !!! what's your configuration ? post some pics :)

Here are some pics. Excuse the darkness. It is cloudy in Texas today. Ordered four weeks ago.

Model Y LR
Midnight Silver Metallic
20 inch induction wheels

Teslapic1.jpg
Teslapic1.jpg
Teslapic1.jpg
Teslapic2.jpg
teslapic3.jpg
teslapic4.jpg

I am wondering if I can do the same thing here in Dallas. I have been waiting for over a week now due to the temp tags delay. I am supposed to have my 3 delivered today, but might use this as an option to pick it up. I am willing to take the risk of getting pulled over at this point.

I am wondering if I can do the same thing here in Dallas. I have been waiting for over a week now due to the temp tags delay. I am supposed to have my 3 delivered today, but might use this as an option to pick it up. I am willing to take the risk of getting pulled over at this point.
In 2013 they gave us Calif. temp tags. The only issue is that they don't look like any kind of temp tag (they are a long strip of paper about 20 x 2 cm), so some folks got pulled over (not me).

I asked for delivery in Dallas without tags. No issues. Got them in an email from Tesla later.

I asked for delivery in Dallas without tags. No issues. Got them in an email from Tesla later.

I went ahead and purchased the 72 hour one and according to DPD that will suffice until the temp tags come in. Plus I guess our governor has given 60 grace on all tax and DMV related issues. *Crossing fingers* - Oh and Tesla told me today they want me to sign a waiver of some sort that they are delivering the car with no temp tags, even though I purchased a 72 hour one.. (Shrugs shoulders) Can't wait to get my car! :cool:

I went ahead and purchased the 72 hour one and according to DPD that will suffice until the temp tags come in. Plus I guess our governor has given 60 grace on all tax and DMV related issues. *Crossing fingers* - Oh and Tesla told me today they want me to sign a waiver of some sort that they are delivering the car with no temp tags, even though I purchased a 72 hour one.. (Shrugs shoulders) Can't wait to get my car! :cool:

Perfect! I confirmed with my cousin (Police officer in Austin) and they are not pulling over anyone with a newer type vehicle without plates to start with. In addition, he said the 60 day extension applies to ALL temporary permits. This includes the transit ones available online for 25 bucks.

Perfect! I confirmed with my cousin (Police officer in Austin) and they are not pulling over anyone with a newer type vehicle without plates to start with. In addition, he said the 60 day extension applies to ALL temporary permits. This includes the transit ones available online for 25 bucks.
Awesome! Thank you. She was just delivered a little while ago. Yay

I got delivery on Saturday without temp tags and still haven’t heard from Tesla on them. How long did it takes to receive after your final payment?
Will that packet also come with the title lien release so I can contact dmv to transfer title to my bank?

Took delivery two weeks ago yesterday. Paid outright. Temp tags came with the car, two sets of a month each, and we are good to go until 24 May with them. No title packet yet, but not surprised given everything. Will give them a bit to let stuff play out given the weirdness...

SS

Reactions: Jaycha2
ergela - My biggest annoyance of the Model Y is the AC Compressor. It is SO much louder in cabin than the Model 3. I don't know if mine is defective but i'll find out tomorrow when my wife gets hers. It's still quieter than an ICE, but the idle sound difference with AC on between a Model 3 and Y is VERY significant.

I saw on Sandy Munro's video that Tesla is going to add a clam shell sound insulating cover to the heat pump in the Y as a running change.
He got an early one. Maybe your wife has one with the change.

ergela - My biggest annoyance of the Model Y is the AC Compressor. It is SO much louder in cabin than the Model 3. I don't know if mine is defective but i'll find out tomorrow when my wife gets hers. It's still quieter than an ICE, but the idle sound difference with AC on between a Model 3 and Y is VERY significant.

I saw on Sandy Munro's video that Tesla is going to add a clam shell sound insulating cover to the heat pump in the Y as a running change.
He got an early one. Maybe your wife has one with the change.

Yea its bad.... I saw Sandy's video... hope he's right.

I'm at the service center now for the AC issue, Badges, and some delivery issues. Initial diagnosis is it's "Normal". I'm still arguing it. Here is my Wife's quite Model Y vs my Model Y. Difference is significant.

My Model Y - Heat Pump
IMG_1527 (1).MOV
IMG_1499.MOV

Wife's Model Y - Heat Pump
IMG_1483.MOV