Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a new initiative to alleviate us calling them. My guess is they are extremely tired of getting phone calls regarding vehicles trapped in OKC or Fort Worth. Did they sign you up for text messages?
That's new to me. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I for one would like to get in on this text message program.
I don't know if it's an opt-in sort of thing. He said I would get a text when my car moves, that's all. You're right though @amietk, it's probably to reduce call volume. But hey, I'd rather get a text update than have to call every day.

• Helpful
Reactions: louisTM3 and amietk
Just got a call that my vehichle has "Landed" at the Dallas Service Center but that the service center has a power outage and he can't schedule my delivery until he knows what the situation is. Maybe this weekend, maybe not. 3 days for a power outage? Seriously????

You'd think they would have a Power Pack or two installed at the Service Centers for this.

Reactions: amietk
What’s the status of Oklahoma as far as taxes and deliveries? Could that be a pickup location?

As I have been suggesting. AAA should be able to flat bed ship it for up to 200 miles for free if you have Premier. And therefore, that COULD be one way to get some of these Model 3s from OKC to where they belong in TX faster. As long as you don't "drive" it, I don't think there is any tax because it's not officially in OKC, its just in transit.

Are there not other people waiting to see if we could make this an option to get the cars to the delivery center faster?

Texas Hold Up friends, I called to ask about how to opt in to text tracking, and Luke told me that my car is in Austin! Just arrived, it sounded like he said. It was hard to hear through my tears. They said they would do the inspection, etc. then schedule an appointment. I didn't mention that the site said I was slotted for Sept 8.

My VIN (unless there is going to be a different one) was never in the United Road system as far as I could tell. Also, my account page has been Service Unavailable for about 20 minutes or more now.

Texas Hold Up friends, I called to ask about how to opt in to text tracking, and Luke told me that my car is in Austin! Just arrived, it sounded like he said. It was hard to hear through my tears. They said they would do the inspection, etc. then schedule an appointment. I didn't mention that the site said I was slotted for Sept 8.

My VIN (unless there is going to be a different one) was never in the United Road system as far as I could tell. Also, my account page has been Service Unavailable for about 20 minutes or more now.
GREAT NEWS @pub cheese. So, glad to hear things are looking up for you!

As I have been suggesting. AAA should be able to flat bed ship it for up to 200 miles for free if you have Premier. And therefore, that COULD be one way to get some of these Model 3s from OKC to where they belong in TX faster. As long as you don't "drive" it, I don't think there is any tax because it's not officially in OKC, its just in transit.

Are there not other people waiting to see if we could make this an option to get the cars to the delivery center faster?
But if the tax rate is close, I’d almost rather have OK get the tax. Assuming direct delivery is allowed there.

Edit - looks like Oklahoma may be 3.25%. So one would pay the 3.25 to OK and then the additional 3% to Texas.

@redhaute that would be awesome but I highly doubt if it is even feasible as there could be clearence / carrier contract approval issues.

From the United Road carrier website, it looks like most trucks carry 8-10 cars. Therefore, if we were to get enough of us together to get our own truck, then I think we could get Tesla to let us move them ourselves. It would save them money and time too. Right?

That is amazing news. Don't forget to bring an inspection checklist with you. My page is also service unavailable so I don't know if that is just a site-wide outage but my car also has never been shown as transported by United Road and I can dream. Just got the charger installed in my garage today.

That is beautiful news. Don't you worry, I'll keep carrying the Oklahoma torch until the heat death of the universe.

I suppose that news ended the text tracking talk, but did he say anything about it?

Also, there is a site-wide (and beyond) outage.

That is amazing news. Don't forget to bring an inspection checklist with you. My page is also service unavailable so I don't know if that is just a site-wide outage but my car also has never been shown as transported by United Road and I can dream. Just got the charger installed in my garage today.

Thanks @TX_Drivetime . Really interesting about the account page being unavailable. It's never been unavailable for me for this long, so maybe it isn't just account changes. Or maybe it is, who knows.

Good reminder about the checklist. I have a stack of paper I've had sitting on a bookshelf since my delivery delay on Saturday. FedEx stuff and paper checklists. And a portable flashlight.

That is beautiful news. Don't you worry, I'll keep carrying the Oklahoma torch until the heat death of the universe.

I suppose that news ended the text tracking talk, but did he say anything about it?

Ha. I hope you are not the last one in the THU phantom zone. We were previously scheduled on the same day so maybe yours is coming in soon.

Oh, yes, when I heard the news I forgot to even ask about texting and he didn't bring it up.

Didn't realize internet stuff was going on.

I am betting you will get your delivery this Saturday! When they first said my car needed parts they moved scheduled delivery out a week, but then moved it forward to a Saturday delivery!

Fingers crossed for you! Now if we can channel some good MoJo for hmerrill3!
@WayneGTX thanks for the kind thoughts, but try HARDER please.

Last story from my ISA was that my car was to arrive in Houston yesterday or today. Didn't happen! :mad:

Royal at the N. Houston SC informed me that my car still showed to be "in Transit" then allowed me to chew on his ear for an extended period. He then committed to have a response from the manager regarding my car in the morning (Mgr was not there when I called).

So others don't have to go digging back through past posts, I'm on my third scheduled delivery date for the same VIN. Aug 23rd, Sept. 1st, Sept 8th. That's after having an earlier VIN which I submitted payment that I was told at the time could have a delivery as early as Aug. 9th.

Has any Austin person with a car in a holding lot (Oklahoma) -ever- seen their VIN come through on United Road? The Origin for the cars on United Road always seems to be Lathrop, never Oklahoma, etc. I suppose that could always mean Lathrop is the ultimate origin.

Just wondering if maybe the Oklahoma -> Austin transport service is a different one than UR.
That would be my best guess. Never seen a transport ticket on United Road between those two points.

From what I've been able to surmise, the only way to OK or Alliance Hubs is by rail, and transport out of those locations is not being handled by United Road. (apparently based on the "logistical issues", I'd have to say they're not being handled by anybody).

For those with cars still in CA, try our best to dictate United Road direct from Lathrop, its the fastest way into Texas without a doubt..

Last edited:
Reactions: pub cheese

Congrats! @pub cheese

Sorry I must of missed something... what about this text tracking, who do I call to make it happen?

Last edited:

I sure hope to hear your car is here tomorrow....Also we do
should do Austin meet up once everyone gets their cars so we can toast and check out the colors, wheels etc. I am positive I will need to drink off this stress.

I am legit happy for my fellow Austinites getting their cars soon, but I have to say that part of me is infuriated that my car is still in Oklahoma having waited longer than most (all?) of you.

Congrats!

Sorry I must of missed something... what about this text tracking, who do I call to make it happen?
I called today and was told I would receive a text when my car moved. No word on whether that's an automatic thing or opt-in.

Reactions: pub cheese