Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swung by the North Houston SC yesterday to scope out colors they happened to have a Model 3 in. They had 3 in White (top VIN 74xx btw) and it, even when it's got some dust on it, does look good...until I get to the roof. The PUP's dark roof with only the white bar down each side doesn't do it for me. :( They didn't have a silver Model 3 but I'm guessing it'll have the same issue for me.

The black (which they had one of) is inoffensive but quite bland, not surprising. They had a Midnight and a couple blues, both of which looked classy yet I still find the Midnight "meh". Sadly they didn't have a red Model 3, I'll check again next week when I'm in the area.

So at this point I'm leaning towards blue, which is very much not what I was expecting. It really does look great on the Model 3 in person.
My red one should be arriving end of next week in houston.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Swung by Dallas SC this morning looking for Model 3,s. Here's what I found:
Blue - 19"
White - 19"
White - inside for delivery today
Midnight Silver inside for delivery 19"
White Aero dirty
Red Aero dirty
Silver 19" VIN 6125 filthy
Blue Aero VIN covered dirty
Midnight Silver VIN dirty

Waiting on my White 19".

Blue - 19"
White - 19"
White Aero dirty
Red Aero dirty

Waiting on my White 19".
Blue 19 is probably mine!

Here's photos of the Model 3's at Dallas,

blue aero 2 dallas sc.jpg
blue 19 dallas sc.jpg
white 19 dallas sc.jpg
white aero 1 Dallas SC.jpg
red m3 Dallas SC.jpg
blue aero dallas sc.jpg
IMG_6787.jpg
silver 19 Dallas SC.jpg

Courageous, How many on the drive? Everyone comfortable? Average efficiency? Heh, that's my 3, Same color and wheels,
Ordered on 2/14. Haven't received VIN. And congrats.

4, maxed out with weight, very comfortable especially in the most important seat...the drivers :)

Averaged efficiency of 298 and thats with AC around 70-72ish, driving 80 mostly when available. Shocked how efficient compared to my S and the inside is much more comfortable than i ever was in my S.

Very impressed by this car.

4, maxed out with weight, very comfortable especially in the most important seat...the drivers :)

Averaged efficiency of 298 and thats with AC around 70-72ish, driving 80 mostly when available. Shocked how efficient compared to my S and the inside is much more comfortable than i ever was in my S.

Very impressed by this car.
Love what you’re saying! Enjoy Disney!

Reactions: Cnasty
Blue - 19"
White - 19"
White Aero dirty
Red Aero dirty

Waiting on my White 19".

One of the blue aeros could be mine, but it likely will not arrive until later in the week. Delivery a week from today.

The white in the showroom was ours (technically my wife's!). After a rushed morning off-loading the Audi lease (ouch!), sorting out insurance for the 3 (+$400 over the cost of the Audi Q5 - ouch again), we have "Jolene" home :)

I've spent very little time driving it so far, but - coming from a two-time S owner - what a car. The interior design language is totally different to the S, but it's good. Really good. If they end up face-lifting the S to the same style, but with added 'luxury', that'll be an amazing interior, and the one that the S deserves, and needs, to compete. The acceleration feels the same as my first (85) S, but overall the car is tighter, in a good way.

Although only first impressions, love the 3. Navigating the screen takes some time to get used to if you're coming from an S, but it's very responsive. The rear camera, as noted, looks very poor compared to the S, so hoping that software update comes soon, together with something that allows the music overlay on top of the camera view.

Seats are great, rear seats are great, and more spacious. No panel gap issues (inside or out). Center console is an obvious finger print magnet, an odd choice for an otherwise very family-friendly car.

If they announced a Performance version tomorrow (or, even better, a coupe), I'd plunk down another deposit, and sell the S. Love it!

IMG_0509.jpg

Got one 6125.
Notice the white paper in front of the steering wheel? Covers up the VIN.
For some reason, Tesla is actively blocking VIN's from the curious,
Ha! They only had one VIN blocked when I went by a few days ago. I wonder if some poor Tesla service guy got chewed out when the boss realized someone had picked up the VINs....But, I only counted ten so one showed up that I missed....

The white in the showroom was ours (technically my wife's!). After a rushed morning off-loading the Audi lease (ouch!), sorting out insurance for the 3 (+$400 over the cost of the Audi Q5 - ouch again), we have "Jolene" home :)

I've spent very little time driving it so far, but - coming from a two-time S owner - what a car. The interior design language is totally different to the S, but it's good. Really good. If they end up face-lifting the S to the same style, but with added 'luxury', that'll be an amazing interior, and the one that the S deserves, and needs, to compete. The acceleration feels the same as my first (85) S, but overall the car is tighter, in a good way.

Although only first impressions, love the 3. Navigating the screen takes some time to get used to if you're coming from an S, but it's very responsive. The rear camera, as noted, looks very poor compared to the S, so hoping that software update comes soon, together with something that allows the music overlay on top of the camera view.

Seats are great, rear seats are great, and more spacious. No panel gap issues (inside or out). Center console is an obvious finger print magnet, an odd choice for an otherwise very family-friendly car.

If they announced a Performance version tomorrow (or, even better, a coupe), I'd plunk down another deposit, and sell the S. Love it!

View attachment 285620
Congrats.