TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Texas Hold Up!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by chojn1, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Kenriko

Kenriko Vendor

Got my VIN: 7185
    Ordered 2/14
    Red/Aero/EAP

• Like x 4
  2. MMHouston

MMHouston Member

Exciting!

I ordered on 2/18 for Houston delivery - I hope I don’t have to wait much longer for a VIN.

3. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

At the risk of sounding like a creeper, would you mind giving a shout out when it's expected to be in? I'd really like to swing by their yard and see Red Multicoat on a Model 3 in person before my configure invite comes up.

4. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

Possible first issue or even user error.

Charge port door isn’t opening when parked and pressing the button on the charger. I have to manually reach in the car and open it.

Is it exactly the same as the S? I assumed so and thought the DS said so. Don’t want to chalk it up to an issue as I May be doing it wrong.

5. edeal

edeal Member

I think the red one with Aeros in the back should be ours :D. We stopped by this afternoon, however, and didn't find one with the right VIN, so I'm hoping they were getting it cleaned up.

• Like x 2
  6. kendallas

kendallas Member

I received my VIN four weeks (2/14) after configuring (1/17). Hopefully they have sped that part of since then.

Scheduled for deliver a week from tomorrow (3/15)!

• Like x 2
  7. MMHouston

MMHouston Member

And 2 hours later I have a VIN!!!!!!!!

70xx
    I configured 2/18, so 17 days from configuration to VIN. My original invite was 1/24.

Silver/aero

• Like x 2
  8. kendallas

kendallas Member

Thanks for letting us know! Do you remember what color the one was with duct tape?

9. Nurkbonis

Nurkbonis Member

Could be wrong, but I don't think the charger port door is supposed to open by pressing the charger button on the Model 3. You can press the charge port door with you finger/hand and it'll pop open.

10. GDNTX

GDNTX Member

Page 108 of the manual says it should open with the button on the charge cable, make sure it is unlocked:

"With Model 3 unlocked (or an authenticated phone is within range) and in Park, press and release the button on the Tesla charge cable to open the charge port door. "

11. Nurkbonis

Nurkbonis Member

Well... As I said, I could be and may be wrong. Hopefully a current owner can confirm.

12. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Was that today? There was a closed trailer truck unloading Model 3s this morning when I was picking my car up from service.

13. spudnik187

spudnik187 Member

1,000% agree. Not even close, actually.

14. spudnik187

spudnik187 Member

Yes, it is supposed to open when pressing the button on the charger. At least mine did. It’s kind of a distant memory now, but it’s still in there somewhere.

15. Stro

Stro Member

For anyone else in Houston.I configured on 2/22, got VIN yesterday, 3/7, and ISA says my delivery should be around 3/21.

Red | Sports Wheels | EAP

• Like x 1
  16. nwfan

nwfan Member

Config 2/14 and waiting. No VIN and nada from Tesla.
    White, 19" EAP

• Informative x 1
  17. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

#717 ℬête Noire, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    There was a thread in the main Model 3 forum where someone found the signal range of the activation shorter than they expected. @Cnasty , how close were you holding it when you pressed the button?

EDIT: Here's a chatty shill ;) demoing it (linked Youtube to FFWD to the important part). Notice that he puts it so close when he presses the button he slightly "ducks" the charger plug out of the way when the port opens. Pretty sure this guy heavily scripted that video, it's got that feel, so he's probably in that close because he needs to be.

• Informative x 1
  18. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

Yea I think I watched that review like 3 times in anticipation of my car and STILL dont remember that part. I was right on it and it still didnt pop. I will try it again a couple more times but may need some follow up. I even touched it and it didnt open that way either. The car was unlocked too btw. Hmmmmmmmmm

• Like x 1
  19. kendallas

kendallas Member

That is great improvement in overall timing from mine. (Over eight weeks from configuration to delivery, if all goes as plan on 3/15.) Hope that means they've smooth out the process somewhat. Congrats!

20. gecko

gecko Member

The front red one could be mine! Maybe part of the truck is heading for SATX!

• Like x 3