Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 309399

@Cnasty, hope nothing seriously wrong with your 3.
Here’s mine getting a refill at Southlake SC.

Looking great!

Nothing major just some small things and a tire rotation. A pillar is bulging out and not popping back in appropriately which they said is a common issue, my charge port door isnt sitting completely flushed (more OCD on my end but want them to look at it) and then required updates with the front stabilizer bar.

Congratulations on your car. Glad to hear KGTES has his as well.

I would hope TX 4/18s would start popping up soon, have been seeing other states having moved ahead, but at the same time there are orders prior to 4/13 that have not been assigned VIN yet. So there seems to be no pattern to follow. I did get the June delay email, but not sure how this is going to happen in the next two weeks, given the slowdown they will have with hitting the 200k mark.

I saw people posting earlier tonight that their edit order button disappeared. Mine is also gone. DFW area.

4/18 invite and configuration. June delay email.

Reactions: GDNTX
I saw people posting earlier tonight that their edit order button disappeared. Mine is also gone. DFW area.

4/18 invite and configuration. June delay email.

I've not had an edit button for at least 2 weeks now when I changed the payment method to cash hoping it would accelerate something on their end.

However hearing that it is disappearing for folks who haven't changed information on their delivery profiles probably means we are close. Just need to hang in there now.

Reactions: NIGHTHAWK017
Utilizing the new Plano Service Center today for the first time. Beautiful facility, prompt service, and guys were on top of their game.

Didnt expect a loaner as I was told they were out but to my surprise this morning they gave me a Model X P100D...with ludicrous!! :eek:

With that being said, I miss my 3 already. I have never been a fan of the X design but that acceleration of ludicrous and the P100D cannot be understated, wow!!!

I stopped by the Plano Service Center this morning too (minor trim scratch I didn’t notice at delivery). Really nice center with a ton of room. Best part is it’s just a few blocks from my office.

I agree ... the folks were top notch there too! It’s nice being able to trust in a car company again!!!

Reactions: bollar
The only hold up I’ve experience so far is the lack of communication from my ISA.
Same problem here, got a VIN only by calling the general sales line. Emails go unanswered, phone calls to number on ISA email say mailbox is full and disconnect. ISA email stated to set a return call time, time set for return call never happened. Tried to get my document portal unlocked to upload finance papers and was instructed to email those papers directly to ISA, not a very secure way to handle loan numbers and PII.

I know that we constantly see that they can’t ship the car to Texas or nail financingnis finalized.

Why can’t they stockpile the cars in Texas while the process is being completed?
Downsize is that you’re holding cars in a lot somewhere, but the upside is that people don’t have to wait 2 weeks for transport.

I’m sure it has to be something to do with the straight to consumer sales model and how anti Texas is against it. Just curious.

You got it in the last paragraph. Tesla would love to do that, but you can thank the state of Texas for not allowing direct sales. The sale must be completed while the car is still in CA to avoid conflict with the laws. Then it is shipped. The good news is that in most cases it won't take 14 days, maybe more like 8 to 10 if you are lucky and the stars align, but they leave themselves some wiggle room in there so that they don't have to reschedule and push you out further. You're much happier to get a call and say your car is ready early vs a call saying your car is going to be late right?

Also - just be very happy that Tesla has streamlined this process and has the process ironed out now. They handle or have a 3rd party handle on your behalf all of the filing for title and taking care of taxes, etc. A few years back you had to do a lot of that on your own, pay taxes directly, etc. This is quite a nice setup and it likely only costs you a week delay in the delivery and pickup of the car. Well worth it.

For those of you in the DFW area we are planning a Model 3 meet up on Saturday, July 14, 8:30 AM at the Plano Supercharger. Very informal, not sponsored by anyone or any club, just a few of us wanting to meet in person and say hello. Most of us are on the "other" forum - model3ownersclub.com but some are in both places. I don't spend near as much time on this forum as I did a few months back.

Looks like a seamless transaction if paying in cash.

6/14 - ISA contact and VIN 311xx assigned, confirmed mode of payment and other details on the profile.
6/15 - ACH portal enabled. Could have made the payment then but just waited since it was a Friday. ISA let me know that car assigned is off the production line and could deliver within the next 7-14 days once payment was made.
6/18 - ISA reaches out saying if payment is completed today, delivery can be scheduled for 6/29. Payment made through ACH
6/29 - Delivery Scheduled at Cedar Springs, Dallas

Looks like a seamless transaction if paying in cash.

6/14 - ISA contact and VIN 311xx assigned, confirmed mode of payment and other details on the profile.
6/15 - ACH portal enabled. Could have made the payment then but just waited since it was a Friday. ISA let me know that car assigned is off the production line and could deliver within the next 7-14 days once payment was made.
6/18 - ISA reaches out saying if payment is completed today, delivery can be scheduled for 6/29. Payment made through ACH
6/29 - Delivery Scheduled at Cedar Springs, Dallas

Thanks for the info. Will also be paying cash so hopefully that expedites this glacially slow process (at least so far). My edit button disappeared last Friday but no ISA contact.

Houston TX line waiter
4/6 Invite
4/24 Config
MSM 18"

Hoping to hear from them today. From the spreadsheets it looks like no one has gotten a VIN in the last few days. Hopefully they turn the spigot on soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard back from my ISA today and was able to get the trade in process started, just waiting for an offer.
She also asked for a pre-approval letter which I was able to get no problem. Hopefully finish things up tomorrow.

I asked about the vin and she sent it. 316xx.

The check from the bank for the loan amount arrived in Vegas today and I got a call from my ISA to set up delivery at earliest available on June 30th. The slowest part was getting the Manufacturer Statement of Origin for the bank (RBFCU). Prob would have been a lot quicker to just do cash.