Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I, too, sold my S too soon, so we're doing the one car thing until it comes. *shrug emoji*

It has been brutal. Absolutely brutal. I really messed up in timing this out and lesson learned. Playing Taxidad in dropping off and picking up the wife, one kid at one school, another at another school in North Texas traffic.

This car better blow my freakin mind :D

That being said I didnt expect to get an offer on my S within 5 minutes of posting for the price i was asking so i really couldn't say no.

• Funny
Reactions: benjiejr
Anyone in Austin getting a white or red Model 3, and wouldn't mind me stopping by during pickup? I'm leaning toward white, but I'd like to see both in person before I get invited to configure as a non-owner, first day reservation holder.

What nickel/dime things do they throw in? I'm just tracking on taxes and destination fee... is there something else, and if so, how much? "TX PITA Processing fee: $700" :D

upload_2018-2-21_17-45-38.png

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for whatever happens next after the VIN allocation on Sunday. I called Chris on Monday, just got the stock answer that someone on the team will be in touch 'soon'. I really wanted it in February as it's a relatively quiet month (for me - China is basically off the entire month, so my fiddly email volume is much lower!), so I'd have more thinking and development time. But, as it is, I'm out of the country for the last 3 weeks in March, so I'm guessing I'm into April. Not a huge deal, there's pros and cons to having greater visibility into the manufacturing process, with other cars I've bought, you're reliant on the dealer, and they rarely know anything until the boat arrives. Ho hum.

Thanks for the tips up-thread on the trade-ins though, we'll have a Q5 to offload as soon as there's a date on the 3.

I'm still waiting for whatever happens next after the VIN allocation on Sunday. I called Chris on Monday, just got the stock answer that someone on the team will be in touch 'soon'. I really wanted it in February as it's a relatively quiet month (for me - China is basically off the entire month, so my fiddly email volume is much lower!), so I'd have more thinking and development time. But, as it is, I'm out of the country for the last 3 weeks in March, so I'm guessing I'm into April. Not a huge deal, there's pros and cons to having greater visibility into the manufacturing process, with other cars I've bought, you're reliant on the dealer, and they rarely know anything until the boat arrives. Ho hum.

Thanks for the tips up-thread on the trade-ins though, we'll have a Q5 to offload as soon as there's a date on the 3.

My VIN was assigned Thursday (last week), and still no contact from Tesla yet. I haven't called them yet, it seems everyone who calls before Tesla reaches out is told "We'll be in touch soon".

So it seems that Tesla has sent very few, if any, invites to non-owners here in Texas with this first batch to non-owners. I'm guessing they're still dealing with the owner backlog and aren't ready to start inviting more people here.

I'm was approximately 100th in line at North Park and no invite for me yet. Any non-owners seeing invites in Texas?

So it seems that Tesla has sent very few, if any, invites to non-owners here in Texas with this first batch to non-owners. I'm guessing they're still dealing with the owner backlog and aren't ready to start inviting more people here.

I'm was approximately 100th in line at North Park and no invite for me yet. Any non-owners seeing invites in Texas?

roughly 50th in line at houston galleria. no invite today