Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone trying to finalize financing for a Dallas delivery, please hurry up! :)

My ISA has backed down a bit from the 3/27 'tentative' delivery appointment while awaiting confirmation on transit details/timing. I'm worried they're still waiting to get a full truck load ready to go - so get off your butts and sign on the dotted line so we can get that truck rolling! ;)
LV told me on 3/13 earliest date for my delivery was 3/29. I’ll move up a couple of days.

Been following this thread for a while, just now registered an account to comment. Thank you all for your data so far.

I reserved my 3 at 12:08 PM on the 31st in Houston at the galleria and no invite yet. I just now realized I took some pictures of the line to send to friends for amusement. I am glad I did, because I can somewhat guesstimate what # in line I was. I estimate I was somewhere between the 60th and 80th. Will report back If I hear anything.

Checking in here. Still have not received a configuration invite. There is a reddit thread that some online reservations have gotten to configure. Kind of aggravating that we (Texans) are still waiting for configuration invites for line waiters.
Have looked at the spreadsheet and it is hard to tell, but does anyone know what the general consensus is on Texas line waiters? Are we 10% invited, 90% invited or somewhere in between?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Even tho anecdotal it's more info than I can easily get from the spreadsheet.
Which drives me bonkers as there is YouTube video showing me at 50-75th in the same line and still nothing.
I hear ya. I was definitely less than 100 at HTX Galleria and nothing yet. Maybe we will be in the wave today since Wednesday seems to be a common invite day. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Even tho anecdotal it's more info than I can easily get from the spreadsheet.

I hear ya. I was definitely less than 100 at HTX Galleria and nothing yet. Maybe we will be in the wave today since Wednesday seems to be a common invite day. Fingers crossed.
I just found a video of that day and I am definitely not in it. So it appears I was definitely not in the 100th place unless the people in line miscounted. Even when the guy exits the Galleria and walks through the line, I couldn't see myself. Nuts.

I just found a video of that day and I am definitely not in it. So it appears I was definitely not in the 100th place unless the people in line miscounted. Even when the guy exits the Galleria and walks through the line, I couldn't see myself. Nuts.
Thanks for linking, hadn't seen this.
How many did you count in that video? 130 or so is what I got but I didn't try very hard. Maybe I'm further back than I expected as well because I am not in the video though I barely missed it. I showed up at like 10 am but the line was barely moving initially so I assumed I could count forward.

Attached is what I saw in line. No faces are visible so hope it's ok to post this.

Attachments

• 20160331_102512.jpg
    20160331_102512.jpg
    869.1 KB · Views: 54
How many did you count in that video? 130 or so is what I got but I didn't try very hard. Maybe I'm further back than I expected as well because I am not in the video though I barely missed it. I showed up at like 10 am but the line was barely moving initially so I assumed I could count forward.

Attached is what I saw in line. No faces are visible so hope it's ok to post this.
Interesting. I don’t see myself in front of you either. I showed up around 10ish as well. Curious to know if the people in front have received their invites yet.

I’m getting 3M Crystalline tint on my 3 next Thursday. Not cheap. Getting all glass covered. 70 on windshield and roof. 40 on the rest. Using same place that tinted my S.
Technics Tinting. Even better they relocated out my way. Now in North FTW.
Ph. 817 571-8468 if anyone is interested.

I’m getting 3M Crystalline tint on my 3 next Thursday. Not cheap. Getting all glass covered. 70 on windshield and roof. 40 on the rest. Using same place that tinted my S.
Technics Tinting. Even better they relocated out my way. Now in North FTW.
Ph. 817 571-8468 if anyone is interested.

Mine scheduled for next week as they had to special order the Photosync for a piece big enough for the entire back window. 35% all around. Excited as I feel like I am in a fish bowl when I drive it.

That is crazy if there were only 130 people in line at 10am. I bet there were way more than that. I dropped my kids off at school in Austin and raced up to the Tesla store (which is all the way on the other side of downtown for me so it took awhile to get there). I think I got in line at 7:45am in Austin and was number 105 in line. I think by the time they opened at 10 there were about 350 to 400 people in line. I haven't gotten an invite yet but I am hoping for this week or next.

I would LOVE at this point to get a ride in a Model 3. I almost lost it yesterday and bought a Mazda 6. I really need to experience the car if my invite doesn't come in the next week or two. I am starting to really lose my patience and have new car fever pretty bad. So if someone wants to give me a ride at lunch sometime I'll be happy to swing for lunch at Torchy's or something along those lines for the privilege. I work downtown near Cesar Chavez.

Here is the Austin line. It is hard to get an idea of where you are in the line.

Oh and the comments about no pictures was because the lady security guard was yelling at us earlier that we couldn't take any pictures on the Domain property. We all started taking pictures of her. She later changed it to we could only take pictures of the line.