Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility about getting an invite today (or whenever the next batch is), assuming it was on the earlier side of the afternoon. We'll just have to see how much Tesla has ramped up.
Thursday is batch day for sure. I'm refreshing my page religiously.

Our Elon, who art in Fremont, hallowed be thy name, my M3 come, thy production be done, in Texas as it is IN EVERY OTHER STATE.

....I think I'm turning into @ummgood before he got his invite.

So far, the latest reports have VINs showing up for Texas orders within 2 weeks and a delivery timeline within 4 weeks after that. It looks like some people are even getting their cars within 4 weeks here in Texas!

Don't get too discouraged. I felt the same way as you all a couple weeks ago and then all of sudden got the configure invitation. Now I have delivery scheduled for under 4 weeks from invite. My ISA even mentioned that was a conservative date and thinks I will get it even sooner - even in Texas. Have faith.

Reactions: geoffreak
Don't get too discouraged. I felt the same way as you all a couple weeks ago and then all of sudden got the configure invitation. Now I have delivery scheduled for under 4 weeks from invite. My ISA even mentioned that was a conservative date and thinks I will get it even sooner - even in Texas. Have faith.

Yep, I'm definitely optimistic, even now. I was just trying to be conservative and determine my odds to get my car in time for my road trip.

Reactions: MarkinArch
No news but just checking in for all the waiters....its worth it. So worth it.

This car amazes me when I get to drive it that I am ready to see what the Model Y has to offer and go through this madness again for 2 years or so. Our family needs a truck though with 2 little ones, sports, house stuff, etc. Hoping the Y is big enough to meet some of those needs as I dont see a pick up truck coming out any time soon.

I havent seen a Model 3 in the wild yet here in Northern DFW but I am honestly considering making Tesla business cards as I cant seem to escape a parking lot without someone asking about it or what is that car?

Its been rather fun. Elon owes me some commission. ;)

I havent seen a Model 3 in the wild yet here in Northern DFW but I am honestly considering making Tesla business cards as I cant seem to escape a parking lot without someone asking about it or what is that car?

I've only seen one other 3 in the wild since we got ours and that was a red one on the way to Austin.

No news but just checking in for all the waiters....its worth it. So worth it.

I'll second the 'so worth it'!! Hang in there folks, it will happen!

Oddly I haven't experienced this yet - though I was expecting to. I've been doing my normal toodling around the Richardson/Plano/Allen area, and a couple trips downtown too, and haven't really had anyone ask about the car. I did see one person in a car behind me at a red light take a picture - but have had no other notable interest (outside coworkers that are finally done hounding me with the 'so when are you getting your car' ribbings). I'm not complaining too much as I'm a pretty shy guy and certainly didn't get the car for attention, but I was getting myself prepared to field all kinds of questions and help convert more folks to EVs and the Tesla cult ;)

Well, now I'm quite a bit less optimistic. Tesla doesn't appear to be sending any invites this week. Now I'm not certain I'll be getting my car by June. Ugh I hate this game. I wish they'd give us more heads-up as to when the next invite batch would come out or at least get on a regular schedule.

Well, now I'm quite a bit less optimistic. Tesla doesn't appear to be sending any invites this week. Now I'm not certain I'll be getting my car by June. Ugh I hate this game. I wish they'd give us more heads-up as to when the next invite batch would come out or at least get on a regular schedule.

Don't get too discouraged yet. I didn't get mine until almost 9pm.

Reactions: geoffreak
Another Thursday of F5-ing been and gone and still no invite,
Looking less and less likely that my March-May estimate is in anyway accurate. :(

I agree. I'm getting pretty nervous about getting my car before June.

Pretty disappointed there were no invites this week. We now have two VIN registration batches in two days without any invites at all. I can only hope they are stockpiling some cars and shortening the config-to-delivery timelines. I also hope that they deliver in terms of reservation timing, so that places that are behind (like Texas) will receive cars earlier after configuring than places that are ahead like California.

Another Thursday of F5-ing been and gone and still no invite,
Looking less and less likely that my March-May estimate is in anyway accurate. :(

I am bummed you haven't gotten your invites yet! This is taking way too long.

I agree. I'm getting pretty nervous about getting my car before June.

Pretty disappointed there were no invites this week. We now have two VIN registration batches in two days without any invites at all. I can only hope they are stockpiling some cars and shortening the config-to-delivery timelines. I also hope that they deliver in terms of reservation timing, so that places that are behind (like Texas) will receive cars earlier after configuring than places that are ahead like California.

I wish you guys got your invite. Hopefully though the car happens quickly after you do. I might have mine in less than a month after configuration based on the way things are going (even though the process is painful and annoying).

One thing I noticed is there might be a pattern to the invites based on the invites sheet so far the past couple months. It looks like this:

Week 1: Large number of invites (Feb 22)
Week 2: 1/3 number of week 1 invites (Mar 1)
Week 3: Next to no invites (Mar 8)
Week 4: Next to no invites (Mar 15)
Week 5: Repeat week 1 (Mar 22)
Week 6: Repeat week 2 (Mar 29)
Week 7: Repeat week 3 (Apr 6)
Week 8: Repeat week 4 (Apr 13) (My guess very little invites this week too)
Week 9: Repeat week 1 (Apr 20) (Large invite group)

etc...

One thing I noticed is there might be a pattern to the invites based on the invites sheet so far the past couple months. It looks like this:

Week 1: Large number of invites (Feb 22)
Week 2: 1/3 number of week 1 invites (Mar 1)
Week 3: Next to no invites (Mar 8)
Week 4: Next to no invites (Mar 15)
Week 5: Repeat week 1 (Mar 22)
Week 6: Repeat week 2 (Mar 29)
Week 7: Repeat week 3 (Apr 6)
Week 8: Repeat week 4 (Apr 13) (My guess very little invites this week too)
Week 9: Repeat week 1 (Apr 20) (Large invite group)

etc...

The problem with that idea is that it doesn't account for the production ramp that has happened. Looking at the invites spreadsheet, you can see that there isn't a huge difference in size between the end of February batches and the end of March batches. This is in contrast to the supposed sustained doubling in production rate within the last two weeks. It follows then that there must be a batch sooner than the end of the month, otherwise they won't have enough orders to fulfill.

ly8xeu272q97acx2ksbw054ct4i8nk9y10g.png

If we don't see a batch of invites next week, I think everyone should be concerned that Tesla isn't actually ramping up like they claim they are.

The problem with that idea is that it doesn't account for the production ramp that has happened. Looking at the invites spreadsheet, you can see that there isn't a huge difference in size between the end of February batches and the end of March batches. This is in contrast to the supposed sustained doubling in production rate within the last two weeks. It follows then that there must be a batch sooner than the end of the month, otherwise they won't have enough orders to fulfill.

View attachment 292221

If we don't see a batch of invites next week, I think everyone should be concerned that Tesla isn't actually ramping up like they claim they are.

Unless since Feb they have been getting more orders from those batches than they thought. They have been very slow to VIN since Feb except for some cases so I am wondering if the first batch at the end of the month is for the next month's projection and if they don't get what they are expecting then they invite more the following week. Then they wait until the next month. So if those two batches are for the current production rates then the next batch should be even larger.