Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this means Tesla will do another round of invites this week. It seems like lots of people are getting VINs from this most recent batch.
So help me if I don't get an invite in the next round, I don't know what I'll do. But I'm still worried that they're slowing the US down a lot to focus on Canada in Q2. Good overall for all US line waiters, but bad for me as I want first production. I think I am the definition of First World Problems at this point.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
So help me if I don't get an invite in the next round, I don't know what I'll do. But I'm still worried that they're slowing the US down a lot to focus on Canada in Q2. Good overall for all US line waiters, but bad for me as I want first production. I think I am the definition of First World Problems at this point.

I'm not sure where you are in line to estimate how much this will impact you. In one of the Investor Discussions threads, there's some estimations about when the 200k mark will be met, and what Tesla would have to do to push it another quarter. Here's what a Q3 push could look like:

upload_2018-4-3_9-36-42-png.291493

You can see that in this scenario there are still more Model 3 deliveries in Q2 than there were in Q1. It's possible that Tesla will just stage a bunch of cars for delivery starting immediately in Q3, so not all of these cars would be "lost" to Canada.

Got the call today from Tesla. Funny, instead of the 4ish week VIN week and two week delivery of the past, it seems like less than 2 week VIN and 4 week delivery time frame. Said to expect delivery in early May.

I think they pad the delivery time frame. It does take longer for Texans because they have payment and all the paperwork completed before they put it on the truck.

I got my VIN on Friday and they called me on Tuesday (yesterday). They said it could be up to 48 hours to get the sale contract. I got that today at 3pm. I couldn't sign until tonight and then it got emailed to my wife immediately and she signed as soon as she got it. Then I went to my account and I paid the difference between finance and total. Now I guess I have to work through the loan process and get them to pay it. Hopefully that happens tomorrow and the car can be on the truck ASAP. I really would love to pick up my car the weekend of the 13th but I know that is a stretch.

Reactions: geoffreak
Earnark Audio installed dual dashcam on my Model 3 yesterday.
For anyone interested in seamless installs without any of the service error message and
want a professional job I highly recommend. Phone number 214 222 0974 speak to Joe.
They also carry Blackvue dual channel 750 model. I was the 1st Model 3 they installed,
Next one will go smoother since I was the test platform.

I looked in and was shocked at the work required. I've used them for my Model S.

Here's address if interested

Earmark Audio
708 Valley Ridge Circle
Lewisville, TX 75057

I found out about Earmark Audio through TMC when I asked who install dual dashcams
for Model S.

Here's a couple of dark photos showing the placement of both cameras.
View attachment 290644 View attachment 290645

How did they install it? Connected directly to the 12V battery, or connected to the interior cigarette lighter?

I think they pad the delivery time frame. It does take longer for Texans because they have payment and all the paperwork completed before they put it on the truck.

I got my VIN on Friday and they called me on Tuesday (yesterday). They said it could be up to 48 hours to get the sale contract. I got that today at 3pm. I couldn't sign until tonight and then it got emailed to my wife immediately and she signed as soon as she got it. Then I went to my account and I paid the difference between finance and total. Now I guess I have to work through the loan process and get them to pay it. Hopefully that happens tomorrow and the car can be on the truck ASAP. I really would love to pick up my car the weekend of the 13th but I know that is a stretch.

I just went through all of the same steps as you. Said it could be 48 hours for the paperwork, but arrived in a few hours. They finalized the signature 20 minutes later. Sent everything over to rbfcu asap.

My ideal pick up date would be somewhere around April 18-20. Fingers crossed.

Got the call today from Tesla. Funny, instead of the 4ish week VIN week and two week delivery of the past, it seems like less than 2 week VIN and 4 week delivery time frame. Said to expect delivery in early May.

After receiving VIN Friday and "The Call" Tuesday, my ISA called today and scheduled delivery for 4/20. He even said it could be ready earlier. It looks like the 3-6 week schedule it is a case by case basis that we will never figure out.

How did they install it? Connected directly to the 12V battery, or connected to the interior cigarette lighter?
Connected to the 12v adapter in the center connector, used female adapter behind the plug. Another install that's professional in connection (soldered) and running wires. Was impressed with the job they did on my S and now on my 3.

• Informative
Reactions: zkmusa
A-yup. You and me both. ;) Want delivery by end of July, for a 6000mi summer road trip. I have flirted with holding out for AWD but in the end I'm good without it.

Where does this estimator put you, approximately? Model 3 Delivery Estimator

Sliding the 200,000th US delivery into July will push basically all the cars it says are June delivers into July, although it may not affect July deliveries that much if Tesla can truly hit 4K/week production at the end of June and during July.

Last edited:
A-yup. You and me both. ;) Want delivery by end of July, for a 6000mi summer road trip. I have flirted with holding out for AWD but in the end I'm good without it.

Where does this estimator put you, approximately? Model 3 Delivery Estimator

Sliding the 200,000th US delivery into July will push basically all the cars it says are June delivers into July, although it may not affect July deliveries that much if Tesla can truly hit 4K/week production at the end of June and during July.

I'm a morning line waiter without an invite (but hopefully getting one today) and that estimator shows the following:
ypw8fup0inedn6qpgyoyda1arr13f12r5ph.png

As you can see, this is quite off. The calculations might be working a bit better for places outside of Texas, but things are very behind here in Dallas.

I have a road trip planned for the beginning of June and I'm not entirely sure I'll make it. :confused:

As you can see, this is quite off. The calculations might be working a bit better for places outside of Texas, but things are very behind here in Dallas.
There are scattered reports of people that are early line waiters that haven't gotten their invite yet. Including a Cali one that was at the store just miles from the Fremont factory. There's something screwy with the in-line reservation ordering. So you aren't unique in being an oddball out of sync with that otherwise pretty good predictor.

Good news: If you're that close to the front of the line Canada doesn't seem that likely to impact you. Even with the huge swath of Canada invites that went out last week they were still lots of US invites, too.

Bad news: You're in TX so start-of-June is going to be very tight at this point even if you get an invite this week because of our messed up paperwork requirements. :(

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
There are scattered reports of people that are early line waiters that haven't gotten their invite yet. Including a Cali one that was at the store just miles from the Fremont factory. There's something screwy with the in-line reservation ordering.

If you're that close to the front of the line Canada doesn't seem that likely to impact you. Even with the huge swath of Canada invites that went out last week they were still lots of US invites, too.

On the other hand you're in TX so start-of-June is going to be very tight at this point even if you get an invite this week because of our messed up paperwork requirements. :(

So far, the latest reports have VINs showing up for Texas orders within 2 weeks and a delivery timeline within 4 weeks after that. It looks like some people are even getting their cars within 4 weeks here in Texas!

It's definitely possible to arrive by mid-May, so I just have to be cautiously optimistic. If no invites come today, things get a lot hairier.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
So far, the latest reports have VINs showing up for Texas orders within 2 weeks and a delivery timeline within 4 weeks after that. It looks like some people are even getting their cars within 4 weeks here in Texas!

It's definitely possible to arrive by mid-May, so I just have to be cautiously optimistic. If no invites come today, things get a lot hairier.
I was after noon, but I'm not sure exactly when I got into the store. Right now, the estimator has me configuring in March <whomp whomp> with delivery in early May. I'm thinking it's going to be June if I make the sub 200k cut off, or quite possible July. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

I was after noon, but I'm not sure exactly when I got into the store. Right now, the estimator has me configuring in March <whomp whomp> with delivery in early May. I'm thinking it's going to be June if I make the sub 200k cut off, or quite possible July. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility about getting an invite today (or whenever the next batch is), assuming it was on the earlier side of the afternoon. We'll just have to see how much Tesla has ramped up.