Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the same thing, naming my Trip B to "Lifetime". Over 400 miles I am averaging 245whr/mi. Not bad considering I have 19's and a mostly highway commute of 22 miles (although the highway traffic is stop and go for half the commute)

This morning there was really bad traffic on an interchange overpass, so TACC was creeping slowly uphill. Think it topped out at 489 wh/mi since the morning charge, haha. By the time I was at work it was down to a nice 249 wh/mi.

Got my car rerouted to Dallas instead of Houston. Tentatively scheduled for May 15th. Are any of you having your bank freak out about the way delivery in Texas works?

My car was deemed a total loss today and due to an accident? I get to wait on a new VIN and all contracts have to be rewritten between Tesla and my bank. Just when I thought I was almost at the finish line...

Oh, bummer @ryanakata . Wonder if this will affect other 3's headed to TX?

To my understanding it was only mine. I don't know if they located an issue that required it to go back or be scrapped or if it was actually like a truck hauling them all had an accident.

Everything was going to be finalized today. Good thing I work from home, but that still puts me in a bind.

My car was deemed a total loss today and due to an accident? I get to wait on a new VIN and all contracts have to be rewritten between Tesla and my bank. Just when I thought I was almost at the finish line...

I'm in the same boat as you! My car was supposed to arrive in Austin on 4/19, and I had a scheduled delivery for 4/21.

They called me on 4/19 though, with some bad news. The truck driver damaged the car during transport, and rather than fix the car, they would try to find me a new car with my config. I told them that I sold my car to coincide with my delivery date, and didn't have any transportation, and requested a loaner, which they happily obliged (P85D). I saw my car at the SC when I picked up the loaner, and there was a huge crack from the roof to the bottom of the rear windshield. The loaner experience has really helped ease the pain, but I still don't have an ETA on when I can expect a new VIN, or what the plan is. I contacted my ISA 2 days ago, who said he is out of the loop as well, but had heard that they might "try and repair [my] vehicle in the meantime to see if the parts come in and everything. Otherwise they are waiting for a vehicle with [my] configuration to arrive to assign to [me] and deliver to [me] ASAP."

I am bummed for you guys that couldn't get your cars. That would have devastated me so I hope you get your cars ASAP.

I don't know how everyone is getting 245 wh/mi. Haha I just looked and I am in the 280's for my total average and my last run was in the 320 range. But then I also probably should request donations for tires soon.

I am bummed for you guys that couldn't get your cars. That would have devastated me so I hope you get your cars ASAP.

I don't know how everyone is getting 245 wh/mi. Haha I just looked and I am in the 280's for my total average and my last run was in the 320 range. But then I also probably should request donations for tires soon.

Don't worry, I'm pretty certain my weekend efficiency will be in the 300's for sure.

Haha! After the first day where I was mashing the electricity pedal every chance I got, I calmed down. Now I'm spending a week driving like I normally would to understand my normal range. After that I will have more fun with it.

Haha! After the first day where I was mashing the electricity pedal every chance I got, I calmed down. Now I'm spending a week driving like I normally would to understand my normal range. After that I will have more fun with it.

You are way more responsible than I am. I pray to get pole position at every light. I haven’t enjoyed red lights this much in 10 years.