Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too had a poor pre-delivery experience. After the delivery the Austin SC team has been great. I had it in the shop for a few things and they gave daily status reports which was highly appreciative even though they were not able to address everything. It felt good knowing they were working on it and it wasn't just sitting in a lot somewhere.

The pre-delivery could use a similar process, once per day at the end of the day so we aren't left wonder where the hold up is, just as simple as "checked in with the trade in team, they have all the info they need, will get to yours before the end of the week", "checked in with legal they have your signed document and will likely get to it next Monday when they return to the offices", or "checked with finance and the ACH hasn't cleared yet, usually it takes a few business days", instead of making the buyer reach out and effectively communicate with a black hole.

In short, once you get it in Austin I think you'll be happier with "Tesla"

David

Totally agree. Even a small daily email update letting me know, "Hey, so this is where we're at, we just need to do this before we can do that"; would make a huge difference in my experience even with the same time frame. Most of the time, I felt like I was just slipping through the cracks so I've had to take the initiative to move onto the next step.

Everything else about Tesla like the cars, the delivery, and the service work for the most part is wonderful, which makes this experience stick out to me even more.

At least this gives me an opportunity to research PPF, tints, and wheels. Can't seem to find a place here in Austin that does chrome delete.

Got contacted a few days ago via both phone and email from Angie L (Vegas). Replied confirming the details of my account and waiting for next steps.

Here's to a smooth process! [toast]

Update: I'm now in the "waiting for final paperwork" stage. Have the cash ready to wire to pay it off, just waiting for the paperwork to be completed before that option pops up in my online account.

Also, Angie has been pretty darn good. Regular updates when I email her. Just this morning after I confirmed I was ready to pay she replied and thanked me for my patience (twice) and said the minute she sees my paperwork come through she will email me to let me know to go ahead and make that payment. Although my current F5 obsession may beat her to the punch on that one.. LOL

The thing with the Tesla process is that it isn’t automatic. There are all sorts of “gates” that require intervention, probably because of all the various choices that are impossible to automate.
For example, the order process starts with one set of fields. You don’t get to the next stage until someone validates your uploads and the ISA checks the box. Then you get the next set of inputs and it runs to the next gate etc etc.

Delivery went very smooth, Dallas SC normally charges to 100% and I requested they only charge to 80% since I am driving to Plano. Sped up the process by a few minutes.

Once home I noticed that connected to the same Tesla Wall Charger as my single on board charger Model S the Model 3 will add range 50% faster.

Did everyone else go through the step of confirming your registration details, DL number, estimated final price, etc online?

I ask because my ISA has been telling me since Tues. that we are waiting on contracts for the final paperwork before I can make final payment. I log in to my Tesla account this morning just to check things and I had the above confirmation step waiting for me. Now that I've completed it, it says "we are drafting up your contract..." Just hoping this doesn't mean that now I have ANOTHER 48-72 hours to wait before making final payment.

It's hard to stay patient when it gets this close....

Did everyone else go through the step of confirming your registration details, DL number, estimated final price, etc online?

I ask because my ISA has been telling me since Tues. that we are waiting on contracts for the final paperwork before I can make final payment. I log in to my Tesla account this morning just to check things and I had the above confirmation step waiting for me. Now that I've completed it, it says "we are drafting up your contract..." Just hoping this doesn't mean that now I have ANOTHER 48-72 hours to wait before making final payment.

It's hard to stay patient when it gets this close....
I went through those steps, your portal should show everything as complete with exception of financing. Once the financing is finalized the portal should show a balance of 0 and Model 3 is fully paid at the bottom of the screen.

I had to provide screen shots of this to the delivery person at the Dallas service center.

I went through those steps, your portal should show everything as complete with exception of financing. Once the financing is finalized the portal should show a balance of 0 and Model 3 is fully paid at the bottom of the screen.

I had to provide screen shots of this to the delivery person at the Dallas service center.
Thanks @darrelld

Looking at a few other threads, it looks like this is new as of last night. Lots of people reporting it showing up since then.

I too had a poor pre-delivery experience. After the delivery the Austin SC team has been great. I had it in the shop for a few things and they gave daily status reports which was highly appreciative even though they were not able to address everything. It felt good knowing they were working on it and it wasn't just sitting in a lot somewhere.

The pre-delivery could use a similar process, once per day at the end of the day so we aren't left wonder where the hold up is, just as simple as "checked in with the trade in team, they have all the info they need, will get to yours before the end of the week", "checked in with legal they have your signed document and will likely get to it next Monday when they return to the offices", or "checked with finance and the ACH hasn't cleared yet, usually it takes a few business days", instead of making the buyer reach out and effectively communicate with a black hole.

In short, once you get it in Austin I think you'll be happier with "Tesla"

David

So far that's held up. Every single person that I've talked to at the Pond Springs location has been excellent in terms of customer service.

After calling about delivery questions, one of the reps provided me a mobile number (his) that I could text whenever I wanted updates on where my vehicle was at so that I could circumvent having to call in. At this point in the process I may ask weekly at most, but nevertheless I appreciated the extra effort he made to make me happy.

Thanks @darrelld

Looking at a few other threads, it looks like this is new as of last night. Lots of people reporting it showing up since then.

I can confirm this as well, have the same exact screen now and everything is completed on my end, should have nothing else to worry about.

As a note, I've shopped around for insurance and found the cheapest to be through Ameriprise Costco, and they go through snail mail for setting up paperwork. By the time my policy is active it will most likely be passed my delivery date, but the rep told me that's fine as long as I bring my proof of current insurance if anybody is wondering.

As a note, I've shopped around for insurance and found the cheapest to be through Ameriprise Costco, and they go through snail mail for setting up paperwork. By the time my policy is active it will most likely be passed my delivery date, but the rep told me that's fine as long as I bring my proof of current insurance if anybody is wondering.

Do you mind sharing what you have.

Mine is $1698/12 mo with Travelers.
Coverage: 500k+PIP+New Car Replacement
Deductible: $1000, $50 glass

Can someone help me and give me an idea of the exact timeframe between when your car is fully paid for (financing) and when it actually arrives? I’ll be picking it up at Austin Pond Springs and I’m trying to time it for late August.
It has ranged from a few days to several weeks. Not really possible to be exact about that :)
What does your ISA say. I was able to book my delivery date as soon as final payment was confirmed.

Well isn’t it at least 2 weeks due to the fact that they can’t ship the vehicle until it is fully paid? My ISA has said 2 weeks but we can’t really discuss that until everything is done.

My ISA also hasn’t contacted me in 2 weeks (Jenifer) and the ball is in her court because our last correspondence was me asking her to fix the finance amount so I could make my “final payment” on the Tesla webpage. This isn’t a bad thing because I’m basically trying to slow play my delivery because I’m gone until late August.

Well isn’t it at least 2 weeks due to the fact that they can’t ship the vehicle until it is fully paid? My ISA has said 2 weeks but we can’t really discuss that until everything is done.

My ISA also hasn’t contacted me in 2 weeks (Jenifer) and the ball is in her court because our last correspondence was me asking her to fix the finance amount so I could make my “final payment” on the Tesla webpage. This isn’t a bad thing because I’m basically trying to slow play my delivery because I’m gone until late August.

If it’s Jennifer Storm, then yes I’ve heard the horror stories with her.

Based on the trends lately for Texas, it’s generally been 3 weeks delivery time whereas before the floodgates opened, it was generally 2 weeks.

I’m scheduled to pick mine up on August 6th, exactly 3 weeks from the day payment was completed with Tesla. I suspect delivery times may only get worse from here because of the ramp up.

Last edited:
My isa (Devon) told me that they are just finalizing contracts since last Wednesday. I did login on Friday and went through one more set of confirmation yes or no questions. I have the funds ready to ach but no payment portal available yet. Devon did tell me of a targetted 8/2 delivery date last week but im thinking that is unlikely at this point though he hasn't told me otherwise.

So checked my Tesla account out of curiosity and it had me reconfirm the information again, and for some reason my Estimated Amount Due went from $0.00 to -$58,000...

Has anybody seen this yet? I'm assuming some change to my account was made since my car started processing for delivery a week ago and today is the first day it shows this. Hoping it doesn't affect my delivery date...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 11.35.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 11.35.10 AM.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 67
So checked my Tesla account out of curiosity and it had me reconfirm the information again, and for some reason my Estimated Amount Due went from $0.00 to -$58,000...

Has anybody seen this yet? I'm assuming some change to my account was made since my car started processing for delivery a week ago and today is the first day it shows this. Hoping it doesn't affect my delivery date...
Did you check the details on Payments to see if this is because they've activated the loan but haven't removed the upcoming financing line below the Payments?