Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely did luck out. Stopped by Pond Springs as I was in the area and my M3 is still awaiting to be loaded on to a truck in Richmond, VA. Associate told me there's a decent chance it'll be late from the original Aug 6th estimate...

At least he was honest with me and responsive. All I can ask for at this point.

Every time I called, I've spoken to Dylan, who's usually been really transparent. When I called a few weeks ago to ask about my car, he was the one who told me that the car would likely arrive early, and boom it did.

When I picked up my car, I enquired about buying the 19' sport rims only, as I intend to have them powder coated and put some Michelin Pilot Sports, but they told me they aren't allowed to even order them for me due to dealership laws and to call Tesla instead.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
Same, I was a bit taken aback. There are some instances where this would make sense, but I don't know anything about Tesla's shipping logistics to even comment on that.

In any case, I don't have my hopes up for earlier delivery anymore. Just hope it gets here on time.

Pretty sure I must've heard wrong. After investigating more, there is a train hub in Richmond, CA where Teslas are loaded onto trains to be shipped.

So, rather than being shipped cross country and making it back to Texas, this is the more likely scenario. Which is I think even more sad. 2 weeks into 3 week quoted delivery time and it hasn't even left CA.

• Informative
Reactions: LonestarV
Pretty sure I must've heard wrong. After investigating more, there is a train hub in Richmond, CA where Teslas are loaded onto trains to be shipped.

So, rather than being shipped cross country and making it back to Texas, this is the more likely scenario. Which is I think even more sad. 2 weeks into 3 week quoted delivery time and it hasn't even left CA.

Trust me, the wait will be worth it my friend. Also, if you plan on getting paint protection film for the car, I recommend you start calling around for appointments.

Sunbusters, a very reputable tint and clear bra shop here in Austin are booked a month out for PPF. That's where I'm getting mine done. I feel like with the front end of these Model 3s, they're just begging for rock chips.

• Helpful
Reactions: tread
Trust me, the wait will be worth it my friend. Also, if you plan on getting paint protection film for the car, I recommend you start calling around for appointments.

Sunbusters, a very reputable tint and clear bra shop here in Austin are booked a month out for PPF. That's where I'm getting mine done. I feel like with the front end of these Model 3s, they're just begging for rock chips.

Yep, I had planned to the do SunTek ultra on the front. My business partner had his Camaro SS fully wrapped there and also did his tint there and was very happy with the work.

Didn't know the wait was that long, thanks for the tip. Will call and make an appointment ASAP.

The payment wait is over for me! Ali responded to a "Need Status Update" emial I sent on the 31st, and this morning I was able to set up the ACH. He said he would call back and we could set up delivery appointment!

Here's my timeline:
4-1-16: Reservation payment (not a current owner)
6-27-18: Invitation to order
7-20-18: Test drove a model 3 at Houston Galleria
7-20-18: Submitted online order:
LR RWD; Premium interior w Black vegan leather; 19" Sport wheels; Silver Metallic; EAP
7-21-18: Call from Ali - confirmed that I was a cash buyer and no trade in. Once that was clear he advised my car was built
8-2-18: Account updated to allow payment

Good luck to everyone else waiting to pay and schedule delivery!

Picked up the Model 3 on Tuesday. This will be my final delivery update post, my timeline from Reservation to Delivery (149 days) was as follows.

Vehicle: Model 3, LR, Pearl White, Premium Interior, 19" Wheels
Reservation Date: 03/04/18 - $1,000 Deposit
Estimate Delivery: Late 2018

Design Date: 6/29/18 - $2,500 Deposit
Estimate Delivery: Sept 18 to Nov 18,2018

Email Contact: 07/11/18 - First email from Inside Delivery Advisor
Final Payment: 07/18/18 - No trade in, paid cash
Delivery Date: 08/01/18
Early Delivery: 07/26/18 - I was out of town (dang) so I'll pick up the 3 next week
Took Delivery: 07/31/18 - Waiting on title and plates

I really love driving this car (I have owned BMW 3s and Toyota Hybrids). The Tesla is by far more superior)! I don't like the X gull wing doors but I would buy a "regular looking" SUV or Truck from Tesla tomorrow!

Off to Shiner today for my first road trip.

Reactions: LonestarV
Picked up the Model 3 on Tuesday. This will be my final delivery update post, my timeline from Reservation to Delivery (149 days) was as follows.

Vehicle: Model 3, LR, Pearl White, Premium Interior, 19" Wheels
Reservation Date: 03/04/18 - $1,000 Deposit
Estimate Delivery: Late 2018

Design Date: 6/29/18 - $2,500 Deposit
Estimate Delivery: Sept 18 to Nov 18,2018

Email Contact: 07/11/18 - First email from Inside Delivery Advisor
Final Payment: 07/18/18 - No trade in, paid cash
Delivery Date: 08/01/18
Early Delivery: 07/26/18 - I was out of town (dang) so I'll pick up the 3 next week
Took Delivery: 07/31/18 - Waiting on title and plates

I really love driving this car (I have owned BMW 3s and Toyota Hybrids). The Tesla is by far more superior)! I don't like the X gull wing doors but I would buy a "regular looking" SUV or Truck from Tesla tomorrow!

Off to Shiner today for my first road trip.

Congrats on the car!

I think white batches must've come out faster than the blue as the early delivery seemed to have been triggered in Texas on your similar timeline with mostly white cars.

Being a 04/01/16 reservation holder and having my delivery date now already delayed once from original appointment, I will never be giving Tesla a pre-order ever again.

Jenifer Strom? I haven't heard from her in 10 days.... Starting to get frustrated.
Yep. She did finally get back to me this afternoon after another email. This is what she said:

"Unfortunately you are correct. We are experiencing delays in our regions with logistics.

However, your car is closer than most and should be arriving shortly."

In a followup she said my car is in Oklahoma, and that it should be delivered in less than 2 weeks. On my Tesla.com page it now says August 10th delivery but I don't know if that means anything.

Yep. She did finally get back to me this afternoon after another email. This is what she said:

"Unfortunately you are correct. We are experiencing delays in our regions with logistics.

However, your car is closer than most and should be arriving shortly."

In a followup she said my car is in Oklahoma, and that it should be delivered in less than 2 weeks. On my Tesla.com page it now says August 10th delivery but I don't know if that means anything.

Ok well glad to hear she didn't quite and leave us all in limbo :).

Picked up my M3 today in Dallas Cedar Springs. She's a beauty in blue. No issues with any delays after setting up the delivery date. I called yesterday to confirm.

No issues to report on other than my charge port door acting kinda odd. It wouldn't open when they were demoing it to me. We pressed it a few times but it wouldn't open at first. After we sat in the car to go over a few things, the charge door started opening and closing several times on its own, maybe there was a delay in the presses we had earlier. They had a tech look at it but couldn't figure out what was going on. So we monitored it some more and it appears to be working fine. I'll continue to monitor it though on my end.

4/2/2016: Reserved
6/27/2018: Configured Online
7/12/2018: Finalized payment and trade in
7/17/2018: Scheduled delivery for 8/4
8/4/2018: Picked up

Unfortunately I won't be able to drive it further until Monday evening as I took it directly to a shop to get a clear bra and ceramic coating done on it directly after pick up. I was able to put in a good 40 miles in between. Loving the car so far.

My wife contacted our ISA Kyle on Wednesday of last week and he said our MVPA should be coming at anytime . Well I’ve been keeping an eye on the assigned vin we had (low 34xxx) using the js trick but on Friday it disappeared. So not sure what this means but I know my wife’s patience is wearing thin haha.

Picked up my Model 3 today. Had to sit and wait for an hour past my appointment, wasn't that busy at the Pond Springs location.

They said they were detailing my car. When it came out, there was residue all over the place and a bunch of white dust when opening up the trunk, not sure what from. After buffing out all the residue, I was only able to really spot some clear coat issues. Looks like some debris got caught under the clear coat on the passengers side rear quarter panel and some paint drip stains on the rear passengers side door.

Other than that, build quality was excellent. Overall satisfied with the delivery. Tesla has stated that they will repair and provide a loaner, most likely an ICE vehicle.