Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Looks like the early delivery isn't happening, at least not with my car.

Just talked to two very kind ladies at the North Houston SC and they confirmed my original timeline: car should arrive around the 14th. I suppose if they get it prepped quickly I could pick it up a day or two early rather than my scheduled delivery on the 17th.

My main reason for calling was to make sure I didn't get a last hour delay and they assured me that wouldn't happen, that they would notify me days ahead of time if my car didn't make it there.

Update: Looks like the early delivery isn't happening, at least not with my car.

Just talked to two very kind ladies at the North Houston SC and they confirmed my original timeline: car should arrive around the 14th. I suppose if they get it prepped quickly I could pick it up a day or two early rather than my scheduled delivery on the 17th.

Lone star, maybe we both will be picking up midday on the 15th? Are they going to transport you to the DS by Lyft or is someone dropping you off? You are possibly closer to the DS than I am!

Fingers crossed!

My main reason for calling was to make sure I didn't get a last hour delay and they assured me that wouldn't happen, that they would notify me days ahead of time if my car didn't make it there.

After my experience, I would probably suggest giving them the time to detail and thoroughly inspect the car before you get there. I had to wait an hour after my appointment, and when the car came out the interior and exterior detailing job was terrible, residue everywhere. I opened up the glovebox, got the included Tesla wiping cloth, and used that to wipe everything down so I could accurately spot delivery imperfections, which ate up another hour of my time.

• Informative
Reactions: LonestarV
After my experience, I would probably suggest giving them the time to detail and thoroughly inspect the car before you get there. I had to wait an hour after my appointment, and when the car came out the interior and exterior detailing job was terrible, residue everywhere. I opened up the glovebox, got the included Tesla wiping cloth, and used that to wipe everything down so I could accurately spot delivery imperfections, which ate up another hour of my time.
That sounds so weird, because my car was detailed really well when I picked it up on 7/25. Maybe it depends on the day/time? The pond srpings guys said 2:30 was their quietest time, so that's when I scheduled my delivery so they would have time to clean up and prep my car.

I left a message (option 4) at the Houston Delivery center and Megan called back within an hour. She advised my M3 was on a truck in Amarillo, and that it should be here by the weekend...….so maybe an early delivery for me??
That's awesome, congrats!

Mine is still sitting in Oklahoma. I feel like I'm in this shitty purgatory where no other vehicle is taking that route to Texas and they won't put just mine on a truck.

Is this the thread where we can bitch about how dumb our gov't is? :)

I don't even know what to make of all this. I'm a late reservation holder, but I ordered June 28th. I have an AWD config, but kinda want to change over to RWD in hopes of getting the car sooner. But in reading what a lot of you have gone through, i'm starting to think my config won't make a difference and it's just going to take a long time either way

Here's my timeline for a LR with no EAP.
  1. 05/28/2018: Made initial reservation. Already own a Model S since 06/2017.
  2. 07/12: Email from ISA saying my car is ready. VIN #33xxxx and I confirm I'll be trading in a car as part of my payment.
  3. 07/14: Get link to take pictures and get trade-in evaluation.
  4. 07/20: Trade in evaluation ready. Also sent qualified letter to show I will finance the rest of cost of car. Confirm all details and now awaiting contract.
  5. 08/03: Receive electronic final MVPA to sign.
  6. 08/04: Tesla's side signs final MVPA. I send it to CU as they needed it before wiring money to Tesla.
  7. 08/06: Receive Trade-in documentations via FedEx. I sign and return.
  8. 08/08: Trade-in documents received. CU has wired money.
  9. 08/09: ISA scheduled delivery with me. Earliest was 21st, but I'll be out of town that entire week, so picking up on 08/28 (Tentatively scheduled per email). ISA also mentions I'll receive documents to sign or something a day or two prior to delivery day.
  10. 08/28: Guess we'll see??? I'll definitely make sure the car doesn't have any cosmetic issues and test out some basic functions to make sure car is running right.
For whatever reason, my account still shows I need to pay Tesla, even though the remaining balance is a -5000. Seems like an issue on their side as my ISA scheduled me already.

My only concern that I've reached out for is my trade-in assessment will expire as it will be past 30 days prior to delivery. We'll see what happens there.

Last edited: