Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my exact scenario! Originally had a 8/4 delivery date at the Austin Ponds Springs service center, which got delayed twice because the vehicle is sitting in Oklahoma. It doesn't help anything, but it does make me feel slightly better that it's not just my car stuck in OK limbo.

It's super frustrating. I don't think I have any new info to provide. Last I spoke to anyone was Thursday, and nothing had changed. My IDA has been very non-communicative; I've had to call the delivery center every time to find out if I'm delayed.

Thanks Sleeping Lesson. Looks like its just you and me in this purgatory with no resolution in sight. I will post back if I do hear back from them. I am surprised that no one on this board has some inside information on what is the hold up about when the car is standing collecting dust in OK. I can speculate that its either got to do with rate negotiation with licensed vendor who owns the delivery trucks (most likely) or the company is just darn inefficient in scheduling deliveries with the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing (less likely but possible). No matter what it is, one thing is certain, it has *everything* to do with state of TX not allowing Tesla to have a delivery showroom (blocked by dealers in the state). Everything becomes much harder when you have to navigate through that.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
So... just got a call from Royal at the Houston North SC saying my car did NOT make it today, but they are still expecting it some time this week and are keeping my Friday appt.

It was an interesting conversation because he opened with "I just want to make sure you understand that your appt time is tentative", basically setting me up for missing that time. But then turned around and said "stay optimistic, I'm sure it will get here this week". When I pressed him on where the car actually is right now he said he couldn't get specific details - so I countered with "so you really can't be sure it's going to arrive this week" and he scrambled a bit.

I AM still optimistic that's it's in transit (the VIN showing up online seems to be an indicator the car has left CA) but who knows where it's at.

Incidentally, I dropped a "I pay attention to all things TX Tesla deliveries online and it seems like you're having trouble getting cars delivered to TX right now" and he poo-pooed that and tried to brush it off. I'll chalk that up to the fact that they've got their heads down doing their jobs and not paying attention to the bigger picture like we are every day.

Hopefully this is all just a frustrating non-issue, but man I'll be pretty upset if my delivery starts getting pushed back. I guess we'll see if I get a FedEx packet tomorrow or Thurs.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SleepingLesson
My coworker is in the same boat. He paid for his Model 3 in full about a week and a half ago and has a delivery date on Friday of this week. As of this morning, the car is still in California, according to his ISA. It sounds like they're waiting on a full truck load before sending the cars, but seem to be struggling at the present time.

I called them back in the afternoon and they picked up this time. They said my car was close, near Texarkana to be specific. I didn’t clarify if it was on a truck or train. He said it’s expected to arrive at the service center within 48 hours and I should be able to take delivery on time on Friday if it passes their quality inspection.
Hoping my car is on the same truck with yours rocket.

No, my appt is Friday but car was supposed to arrive today (it did not). See a few posts above yours.

Well, I was not surprised when I called the Houston North delivery center to confirm my Lyft ride for my 10:30 M3 delivery appointment tomorrow the 14th - William who took my call said "let me put eyes on your car to ensure it will be ready". He called back 10 minutes later and advised that it is waiting on parts (new seatbelt) and he pushed my appointment out one week (my first delay). He tried to comfort me by saying the part had been shipped and usually the parts arrive in 24-48 hours, and I may be able to have delivery sooner.

I had confirmed with Morgan that the car was in Houston Saturday, but they had not done the PDI. Obviously they are trying to clear "issues" pre delivery (this early in the month?), rather that send you home with a car that needs to immediately be sent to the service center.

I have waited this long...….we will see if I have any other delays...…..

My coworker finally heard from his ISA about his car. Apparently there was some sort of logistics glitch? I wonder if anyone else is affected.

Well I heard back from my friend in Logistics. There was a glitch with one of our systems which is why your car is still in California. He fixed the glitch and now we will get it to you as soon as possible.

DsfufGe.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J
Stuff is moving fast to me. IDA called me earlier today to sync up with me and tell me my trade-in offer ($3200 for a high mileage Prius, ended up declining as I have $3500 Texas Direct Auto as a worst-case fallback). Emailed this decision and final loan amount at ~6:45 PM, and shortly thereafter my account was moved to the creating final contract stage. Was promised VIN once final MVPA was made ready (mentioned insurance shopping). We'll see how long it takes after the money leaves my account and bank.

Reserved 3/31/2016 (line waiter)
Ordered 5/23/2018
Changed to Blue 5/24/2018
Added FSD 8/1/2018

AWD (non-P) Blue exterior Black Interior FSD Aero
Houston, TX

Stuff is moving fast to me. IDA called me earlier today to sync up with me and tell me my trade-in offer ($3200 for a high mileage Prius, ended up declining as I have $3500 Texas Direct Auto as a worst-case fallback). Emailed this decision and final loan amount at ~6:45 PM, and shortly thereafter my account was moved to the creating final contract stage. Was promised VIN once final MVPA was made ready (mentioned insurance shopping). We'll see how long it takes after the money leaves my account and bank.

Ordered 5/23/2018
Added FSD 8/1/2018

Houston, TX

I hope they fixed their MVPA issues. A lot of us (myself included) waited 2 weeks for the MVPA after all details were finalized with the IDA.

Stuff is moving fast to me. We'll see how long it takes after the money leaves my account and bank.

Ordered 5/23/2018
Added FSD 8/1/2018

Houston, TX

My transaction moved very fast up until the $$ was transferred to Tesla. After that, not so much....but it has only been 3 weeks since my order, and today was the initial TENTATIVE delivery date, which has slipped a week due to "need parts" since it failed the PDI once it arrived in Houston. Stay calm and don't get your hopes up too much, this suggestion will save you some stress! (Lonestar has had the worst experience that I have seen...….)

It has been two full weeks since they received the wire transfer...….new delivery date is one week from today.

• Informative
Reactions: EfficientWatts
Got a call from Tesla North Houston SC, my car is still not there. They're now expecting it to arrive tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. He said they *might* be able to still have it ready for my original Friday afternoon delivery time, but more likely it won't be ready till Saturday morning.

In my case, I'm actually going out of town Saturday and won't be back till Wednesday night, so I told them not to rush it (would rather they take their time and make sure it's pretty much perfect for delivery) and I'll just pick it up next Thursday the 23d. He said they would give me a call back on Friday morning to let me know--if the car arrived in good shape it may not need much prep work and I might still be able to get it on Friday, but otherwise they will put me down for next Thursday the 23d.

Got a call from Tesla North Houston SC, my car is still not there. They're now expecting it to arrive tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. He said they *might* be able to still have it ready for my original Friday afternoon delivery time, but more likely it won't be ready till Saturday morning.

In my case, I'm actually going out of town Saturday and won't be back till Wednesday night, so I told them not to rush it (would rather they take their time and make sure it's pretty much perfect for delivery) and I'll just pick it up next Thursday the 23d. He said they would give me a call back on Friday morning to let me know--if the car arrived in good shape it may not need much prep work and I might still be able to get it on Friday, but otherwise they will put me down for next Thursday the 23d.
This is very strange to me. They told you Monday that your car was near Texarkana, but now it *might* get there Thurs or Fri?

Either they have some of the worst logistics in history or someone is fibbing.

This is very strange to me. They told you Monday that your car was near Texarkana, but now it *might* get there Thurs or Fri?

Either they have some of the worst logistics in history or someone is fibbing.

Yeah I know. I didn't press for details since in my case I'm going out of town and it's not a big deal for me if I pick it up next week, but I agree it's strange. He did mention "the truck driver called to let us know that is when it would be here." You would think their logistics are more advanced than that. Maybe it was on a train, and now the truck needs to transport it from the train yard to the service center? Not sure.

I'll be curious to hear what kind of update you get since you are also scheduled for Friday.

I hope they fixed their MVPA issues. A lot of us (myself included) waited 2 weeks for the MVPA after all details were finalized with the IDA.

I just spoke with my IDA earlier today. Told her that my CU is asking for a pro forma and a letter of guarantee. IDA said they don't use a pro forma yet, but have another order form they use. Her claim was that I'd have that "if not by end of day, within 3-5 days" and the letter of guarantee would be here before the end of the day today. We'll see how quickly it comes.