Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called just to get some reassurance about my Saturday delivery and was informed that they are inspecting my car now. Yay, cool. Then he uttered the most beautiful words, "Want to pick it up today?" Uh, shhyeah.

They say they'll call if anything comes up during the inspection, but hopefully I'll have it today. I see they instantly updated my account page with the new delivery date.

My biggest fear after reviewing the photos after my Monday scouting mission is *panel gaps*. I need to figure out how much is too much.

There it is. I just got the email from my IDA. Due to logistics delays, my delivery has been rescheduled from Sept 10th to Sept 14th. WTF. I have the 10th off work. I do not have the 14th off work. I'm just going to ask for Saturday morning instead at this point.

Just called about my delivery scheduled for 4PM today at Pond Springs... Car is still in California...

This is the second missed delivery date and I've got a few weeks of travel coming up. It's a bit frustrating because it feels like there's no path of escalation to point out, "You've missed your delivery date twice. Can you please prioritize putting my car on a truck ASAP?".

Whoah this is like a 100% the same situation that I'm in.

Rescheduled twice (both times a day or two before scheduled delivery), and now hopefully for the 22nd.
My 2nd!! delivery date was supposed to be tomorrow.
The IDA called back today after some frustrated emails I sent and finally said they said the car is in the Dallas area and will arrive tomorrow, but inspection will a while because there's a lot of cars ahead of mine- so I'm assuming there's a lot of frustrated Texas customers (still not cool)!!

Tried to see if anything earlier was available but I'm traveling for work for the next couple weeks so looks like the 22nd is the holy grail at this point. Third time's the charm right?

There it is. I just got the email from my IDA. Due to logistics delays, my delivery has been rescheduled from Sept 10th to Sept 14th. WTF. I have the 10th off work. I do not have the 14th off work. I'm just going to ask for Saturday morning instead at this point.
At least they contacted you. Last time my delivery date changed it was just done on the website with no call or email. Last contact with IDA was 2 weeks ago. I guess I will have to start contacting them. Customer service yourself.

Whoah this is like a 100% the same situation that I'm in.

Rescheduled twice (both times a day or two before scheduled delivery), and now hopefully for the 22nd.
My 2nd!! delivery date was supposed to be tomorrow.
The IDA called back today after some frustrated emails I sent and finally said they said the car is in the Dallas area and will arrive tomorrow, but inspection will a while because there's a lot of cars ahead of mine- so I'm assuming there's a lot of frustrated Texas customers (still not cool)!!

Tried to see if anything earlier was available but I'm traveling for work for the next couple weeks so looks like the 22nd is the holy grail at this point. Third time's the charm right?
"In the Dallas area" sounds suspiciously like the Ft Worth rail jail :-(

You are right, there are a few of us Dallas deliveries that are losing patience. I've been rescheduled 3 times now, and waiting an answer on why my car hasn't been picked up from rail jail given that it's been there at least two weeks. I'm at three weeks paid in full and counting.

I hope they get this all straightened out and people finally start getting their cars when promised.

I called just to get some reassurance about my Saturday delivery and was informed that they are inspecting my car now. Yay, cool. Then he uttered the most beautiful words, "Want to pick it up today?" Uh, shhyeah.

They say they'll call if anything comes up during the inspection, but hopefully I'll have it today. I see they instantly updated my account page with the new delivery date.

My biggest fear after reviewing the photos after my Monday scouting mission is *panel gaps*. I need to figure out how much is too much.

Awesome! Congrats @pub cheese . I'm jealous that you have pictures of your car I'm already feeling the pressure of the inspection as I know how excited I'll be during the delivery.

Reactions: pub cheese
Just got the call that the truck has arrived at the Austin delivery center and they still want to deliver it today (was originally scheduled for 11am). I told them to take their time but I can be there whenever. Surprised as can be that it's actually there today as I was told it wasn't going to make it yesterday and they didn't know where it was!

For those wondering:

Reservation: 6/24/16
Config: 6/28/18
Fully Funded: 8/22/18 (exactly 2 weeks ago)
Delivery Scheduled for: 9/5/18
MSM, RWD, EAP

See, this is what is frustrating to me. I was fully funded a week before you with the exact same configuration and my car is still sitting on the lot in CA waiting on a truck... Not sure how they prioritize getting the cars to Austin, but the lack of clarity is sure getting annoying!

See, this is what is frustrating to me. I was fully funded a week before you with the exact same configuration and my car is still sitting on the lot in CA waiting on a truck... Not sure how they prioritize getting the cars to Austin, but the lack of clarity is sure getting annoying!

A car that was delivered to Lathrop Hub on the same truck as mine (08/22/2018) was delivered to dallas cedar springs on 08/27/2018. And my car is still in Lathrop with no pickup scheduled.

Lots of odd stuff going on. Maybe there is more to this story, but it really seems like this is pure luck of the draw to get early, super late or just generally slow.

Awesome! Congrats @pub cheese . I'm jealous that you have pictures of your car I'm already feeling the pressure of the inspection as I know how excited I'll be during the delivery.
Thanks, @patoirish. I am stressing as well, waiting for a phone call that will tell me not to show up, that they found something. Also stressing that I may let little things go just to take possession of the car when I really should resist and refuse, or tell them to fix stuff, if need be. Such low resistance at this point, and such an empty space in my garage/heart.

I hope all waiters break through in time for Drive Electric Week (Austin site): National Drive Electric Week Event - Austin I don't know if it's worth it or not, but will be fun to meet other enthusiasts. I see the top cars registered are 3s and Ss (tied at 15 each).

Second bit of good news for me - I have family out in West Texas, and I see that they are FINALLY putting a Supercharger in at Fort Stockton. Anyone that has been out that way knows it's a loooong haul even in an ICE car. A SC in FS helps fill that gap. Supercharger - Fort Stockton, Texas

Hopefully good news!
Truck Delivered a bunch of our M3s to Austin today?

Was told by IDA yesterday he had no way to look up M3 location. Tesla store WAS able to tell me two days ago it was in AZ.

But United Road seems to think it was delivered today with a bunch of other cars. Last night no info via VIN. Are some of y’all on this list?

Reserved - 4/1
Configured - 6/30
Paid - 8/27
Delivered to Pond Springs today?
Delivery scheduled 9/14
They need 9 days to work through backlog?

Who else is on this list?

Date/Time Delivered Date/Time Received
44054068 (CR: 8935095) 09/05/2018 12:29 PM

5YJ3E1EA1JF070244 260076 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA5JF050711 260076 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA5JF051275 260076 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EB0JF066520 260076 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJSA1E23JF273829 260076 TESLA MODEL S
5YJSA1E24JF276321 260076 TESLA MODEL S
5YJSA1E42JF275346 260076 TESLA MODEL S
5YJXCDE23JF117842 260076 TESLA MODEL X

Well just got my second push back. I guess I am lucky to only have paid since 8/16... First delivery date 9/1, pushed back on 8/27 to 9/7, yesterday got pushed again to 9/20...

Anyone have any success asking to change where it is delivered to? IE I am in OK, I could go to Wichita, KS or something. But, alas the car is probably stuck somewhere impossible to change.

I'm kinda jealous of the people that actually have a scheduled delivery date. I've been fully funded since August 2, and original delivery date was August 21. After getting notified that it was cancelled 40 minutes before the scheduled time, I haven't gotten much of anything ever since. I still don't have a scheduled date.

Thanks, @patoirish. I am stressing as well, waiting for a phone call that will tell me not to show up, that they found something. Also stressing that I may let little things go just to take possession of the car when I really should resist and refuse, or tell them to fix stuff, if need be. Such low resistance at this point, and such an empty space in my garage/heart.

I hope all waiters break through in time for Drive Electric Week (Austin site): National Drive Electric Week Event - Austin I don't know if it's worth it or not, but will be fun to meet other enthusiasts. I see the top cars registered are 3s and Ss (tied at 15 each).

Second bit of good news for me - I have family out in West Texas, and I see that they are FINALLY putting a Supercharger in at Fort Stockton. Anyone that has been out that way knows it's a loooong haul even in an ICE car. A SC in FS helps fill that gap. Supercharger - Fort Stockton, Texas
@pub cheese I can tell you the biggest fear during the inspection was panel gaps for me as well. My car looked great but the gaps on the upper side of the rear doors seemed a bit large. When examining both sides, however, they seem exactly the same. I did ask them to order me a new front door seal because there was a small tear and it was pushed in on one side. I do think that in general the gaps on these model 3s are slightly wider than other luxury cars but everything on my vehicle lined-up well. I am wishing you a perfect delivery resulting in a mint condition vehicle.

Reactions: libra89