Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stil no VIN and my IDA has dropped off the face of the earth. She was very responsive for about a 6 hour window until I made the ACH transfer. Now 4 unanswered emails.
I have found my Ida only contacts me when there's something to actually tell me. When I've emailed with questions to which she has no real answer, she doesn't reply. But when something happens or changes, she tells me right away.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dr. J
I also got a bit of good news today. My IDA called me this evening and let me know my car made it to Cedar Springs. She fit me in for a very late afternoon delivery on Saturday. So barring any more surprises in the inspection and prep process.... just want to be cautiously optimistic.

My IDA told me the hold up with my car in the lot was a combination of the trucking company not having enough trucks and my car having a dead 12v battery. They swapped out the battery, car got loaded and moved. Interestingly, my car still shows as pending pickup on the UR site. The "current" page has updated a few times today either with new cars, changed estimated delivery dates, or to mark cars In Route. So, not sure by what means my car got there, but I am happy to be over this hurdle.

I really hope this is the end of the drama and anxiety for me. Still afraid to be excited; doesn't feel real. Probably won't until I'm standing next to my car.

Good luck Libra! Your Day is near!

Reactions: libra89
No, you can't bring a check. Your car won't leave CA until it's fully funded. Or unless you get a re-assignment. You have your Texas lawmakers and TADA to thank for that. And your delivery date is very tentative. 9/24 is making a bunch of assumptions. And it's more than likely going to change as you move forward.

Your CU likely needs the final MVPA (motors vehicle purchasing agreement) to move forward. I don't want to sound discouraging, but it will take about two to three weeks to get that. I go my VIN on 7/17 and final MVPA to give my CU on 8/10.

Is it weird that my Tesla account doesn’t have an option for me to even make a payment? I want to put my portion of the payment down, but when I look at my account it doesn’t even let me.

My MVPA is missing my final price sheet so my CU won’t fund the loan until I have that. I asked my ISA for it yesterday and he has been pretty responsive so i have medium hopes lol.

Another question, did your ISA give you instructions on either wire transfer details or where to send a cashiers check to give to your CU? I am just now realizing that I don’t have any of that info so how would my CU know how to actually send the money?

Is it weird that my Tesla account doesn’t have an option for me to even make a payment? I want to put my portion of the payment down, but when I look at my account it doesn’t even let me.

My MVPA is missing my final price sheet so my CU won’t fund the loan until I have that. I asked my ISA for it yesterday and he has been pretty responsive so i have medium hopes lol.

Another question, did your ISA give you instructions on either wire transfer details or where to send a cashiers check to give to your CU? I am just now realizing that I don’t have any of that info so how would my CU know how to actually send the money?

Yes your DA will give you wire instructions with your MVPA. My wait for the "contracts team" was from 6/28 to 8/3 if that helps...It looks like the AWD emails are making their way out to those orders and they seem to be getting quite a faster response but may end up meeting the RAIL JAIL as well...we'll see...

Can't believe I haven't thought of checking these forums until today! Thank you all for your knowledge - it's been both a comfort and frustration that so many of us are in this predicament.

My timeline is very similar to @TX_Drivetime; fully funded 8/14, delivery set for 8/29, been in rail jail since 8/27 (maybe a few days before). Delivery now set for 9/12. Also same build blue RWD aero EAP.

MVPA wait was 7/18-8/10. Three weeks of beating my head against a wall.

Yes your DA will give you wire instructions with your MVPA. My wait for the "contracts team" was from 6/28 to 8/3 if that helps...It looks like the AWD emails are making their way out to those orders and they seem to be getting quite a faster response but may end up meeting the RAIL JAIL as well...we'll see...
Hmmm... jprac copied my sig marks.

@xiu92 As @jprac80 said, you have to wait for your MVPA. That's the contract phase and, in my personal experience, the 2nd most frustrating part. Once you get your VIN (sometimes along with a pro-forma tentative price sheet) they start working on the final contract (MVPA). Until that's finalized, most financial institutions won't fork out cash. That's one of the reasons Tesla asks up front, "Are you paying with cash or financing?"

Welcome @CoreyLJ! I think you and I similar too. My MVPA was 7/17 to 8/10. There's nothing more frustrating than knowing the car is ready for transport on 7/17 yet we have to wait 24 days for their contract team to produce a four page standard agreement!

Welcome @CoreyLJ! I think you and I similar too. My MVPA was 7/17 to 8/10. There's nothing more frustrating than knowing the car is ready for transport on 7/17 yet we have to wait 24 days for their contract team to produce a four page standard agreement!

At this point it seems as if I should have held off on going to my CU for a loan until all of this Bs was settled.

When my ISA first contacted me he was telling me to go ahead with financing because at this point there wasn’t really anything else for me to do. My Pre-Approved is only good for 45 days, I will be a little peeved if it goes over this and I have to go through all of this again.

What gets me is how has he given me a delivery date even though I haven’t even paid yet? I was expecting that since he gave me that all of the contracts and stuff were ready to go.

If yours is an all-cash deal, based on my experience wait for the online portal to open to make the payment.

I sent a cashiers check before the portal opened and the payment was never posted so my only account showed I was unpaid all the way until I took delivery. After many phone calls I got a verbal confirmation and then an email confirming they had my check, but the online data never changed.

I am able to search my VIN and see that my TM3 was delivered in cedar springs on 8/31. My delivery date is set to 9/18. Do they need 18 days to get it ready for me? Or should I just call my ISA and ask for an earlier date?
Dump the ISA and call the Service Center Directly. Unless that have some issue with the car they will be eager to move it out (they need the space). If you let them know your ready to take it and are flexible with the schedule I suspect they will work you in.

Good luck, you will love the car, just beware of curbs.

If yours is an all-cash deal, based on my experience wait for the online portal to open to make the payment.

I sent a cashiers check before the portal opened and the payment was never posted so my only account showed I was unpaid all the way until I took delivery. After many phone calls I got a verbal confirmation and then an email confirming they had my check, but the online data never changed.

My ISA called me and was able to get me my MVPA that included my final price sheet. He also opened up my payment portal so my plan is to take my new docs to my CU and have them wire the money to Tesla and then make my own payment through ACH and the portal.

My ISA called me and was able to get me my MVPA that included my final price sheet. He also opened up my payment portal so my plan is to take my new docs to my CU and have them wire the money to Tesla and then make my own payment through ACH and the portal.
Wow, that was fast! Didn't you order very recently? Like a week ago? It took me over a month to get as far along as you.

But here's the trick. Somehow you need to get your ISA to truck your car to TX. Not rail. If you can figure out how to get that done, it will save you a lot of headache.

@hmerrill3 if you don’t mind me asking, where exactly did you send your cashiers check to?

The instructions I got only included ACH and wire transfer details. No address if I wanted to send a cashiers check directly to Tesla.
You would need to get that from your ISA, but as I tried to communicate, I don't advise that process as it appeared to slow the entire process down and I spent $$ on expedited postage that were wasted because the payment portal opened before my check arrived.

You would need to get that from your ISA, but as I tried to communicate, I don't advise that process as it appeared to slow the entire process down and I spent $$ on expedited postage that were wasted because the payment portal opened before my check arrived.

At this point I don’t think I have an option as I am paying cash for half and financing the rest through my credit union. I could do a wire transfer for the loan portion as well.