Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that was fast! Didn't you order very recently? Like a week ago? It took me over a month to get as far along as you.

But here's the trick. Somehow you need to get your ISA to truck your car to TX. Not rail. If you can figure out how to get that done, it will save you a lot of headache.

Yea pretty recently.

I was a day 1 line stander, finally put my order in on August 29th, got my vin August 30th. My docs were slowly trickling in and I decided against a trade in because I only got offered 1/2 if what I was hoping to get. My ISA was able to get the trade in processed through in a little under 1 day and once I rejected the offer stuff started moving again. Biggest stickler was the final price sheet but he was also able to get that to me within about 48 hrs of me asking for it.

Austin, Pond Springs Delivery Detail Quality?
My delivery is coming up 9/14, hopefully a little earlier, as my M3 has been there for three days now. I assume there are MANY cars in the queue before me.

For those that have received their cars there, any reviews on which Tesla detailer staff does the most conscientious work? I've heard it's hit or miss how good the detail is. Hope that whoever has a buffer on my car is detail oriented...
Thanks!

Austin, Pond Springs Delivery Detail Quality?
My delivery is coming up 9/14, hopefully a little earlier, as my M3 has been there for three days now. I assume there are MANY cars in the queue before me.

For those that have received their cars there, any reviews on which Tesla detailer staff does the most conscientious work? I've heard it's hit or miss how good the detail is. Hope that whoever has a buffer on my car is detail oriented...
Thanks!
It makes me nervous knowing how many deliveries they are trying to push through in a short time...

Reactions: WayneGTX
^^^ This^^^
Doubt ISA has any control of this, but as proven by many, currently the fastest way from CA to TX service centers is by truck
This is what I've gathered, too, so I asked my ISA explicitly if mine was coming by truck or train. He claims mine is going to come by truck....I would have told him to make sure to put it in one of those white zip-up jumpsuit for the trip but I'm pretty sure with him sitting in Vegas that's well outside his control. :p

I did however lay the guilt on him to urge him to do whatever is within his power. He, or someone he had tasked, dropped the ball on getting the Guarantee of Title so my CU so the CU would courier the cheque. I caught it myself on following up, wasn't seeing the "Payment" line item checked, but we lost 3 days there. :(

I've been working my way up the chain to expedite delivery after I was told my delivery date had to move from 9/10 to 9/21. I have spoken with, left voice messages and emailed many people.

Received some good news today when I checked with Cedar Springs and learned my car has been delivered from #railjail (after 16 days) to the overflow lot within 2 miles of the delivery center! Hilary said they planned to move it to the delivery center tonight. My VIN never showed up on United Road so it must have been transported by another carrier. There appears to be a problem with the ac that must be checked out. They are too busy on Saturday (shout out to libra) so I am set for Monday, 9/10, at 930 am. She said she would text me when the check is completed! Hope nothing serious and it checks out.

I have been after these folks the past week pretty hard. Four of the people in Cedar Springs recognize me when I call and three in Vegas. I am always polite but firm and so are they. But the folks on the ground, especially at Cedar Springs, are incredibly friendly and patient. I'm amazed at how they are able to deal with the public right now. I am certain these folks are working 60+ hours a week.

The end of the tunnel appears near!

I've been working my way up the chain to expedite delivery after I was told my delivery date had to move from 9/10 to 9/21. I have spoken with, left voice messages and emailed many people.

Received some good news today when I checked with Cedar Springs and learned my car has been delivered from #railjail (after 16 days) to the overflow lot within 2 miles of the delivery center! Hilary said they planned to move it to the delivery center tonight. My VIN never showed up on United Road so it must have been transported by another carrier. There appears to be a problem with the ac that must be checked out. They are too busy on Saturday (shout out to libra) so I am set for Monday, 9/10, at 930 am. She said she would text me when the check is completed! Hope nothing serious and it checks out.

I have been after these folks the past week pretty hard. Four of the people in Cedar Springs recognize me when I call and three in Vegas. I am always polite but firm and so are they. But the folks on the ground, especially at Cedar Springs, are incredibly friendly and patient. I'm amazed at how they are able to deal with the public right now. I am certain these folks are working 60+ hours a week.

Awesome! I'm looking at a 9/11 "placeholder" delivery date right now. Getting my hopes up....again.

Reactions: jdirik and libra89

Awesome! Glad to hear it's finally close for you too. I am still worried that the rug will be pulled out from under me at the last minute. You know how when the same person stands you up more than once and you no longer believe they will show when they say they will? I'm hoping with the statement that they are too busy tomorrow, it means they inspected and prepped today and I'm in the clear. Man I hope so.

I think a lot of the Tesla folks are really putting in a lot. It's been painful but I could sense from my IDA that she was just as frustrated to have to make "you have been delayed" calls as we are to receive them. Mine's been pretty responsive, so I feel bad. I too was honest and firm, and I like to think that put her in a position to be willing to help me.

Reactions: jdirik
Stopped by San Antonio showroom tonight to see if by chance a truck had dropped of my car from DFW. No luck. Their are three Model 3s teed up for delivery. In their delivery bay (one blue with aero wheels and two white) Interestingly since I have been coming by once a week, there are multiple cars stacked up outside the delivery bay in three lines and multiple cars have not moved in over a week. They definitely have a lot of unused open space for cars to come though.

Called just after lunch today to confirm my delivery appointment for tomorrow and was told my car is still "in DFW" and won't be at the SC in time for my delivery. Pushed out another week with "but, if we get it sooner we'll call and re-schedule for an earlier delivery." so... we'll see :-/

Called just after lunch today to confirm my delivery appointment for tomorrow and was told my car is still "in DFW" and won't be at the SC in time for my delivery. Pushed out another week with "but, if we get it sooner we'll call and re-schedule for an earlier delivery." so... we'll see :-/

Rail Sucks. I don’t know why it’s so hard to get the cars out of rail jail. Sorry.

I wonder if Tesla is able to count the cars as sold for the quarter being they are already paid for their quarterly total. Otherwise you would think they would do everything they could to resolve this part of the process and get cars into customer’s hands.

Stopped by San Antonio showroom tonight to see if by chance a truck had dropped of my car from DFW. No luck. Their are three Model 3s teed up for delivery. In their delivery bay (one blue with aero wheels and two white) Interestingly since I have been coming by once a week, there are multiple cars stacked up outside the delivery bay in three lines and multiple cars have not moved in over a week. They definitely have a lot of unused open space for cars to come though.

My appointment for tomorrow is 5 minutes long because they say they have so many deliveries to make. I don’t feel comfortable signing off with no time for inspection. I wonder if that is my blue car you saw and they aren’t as busy as they say.

Congrats. It was the only blue one I saw and it’s in the delivery bay. It’s weird that so many cars have sat there undelivered for over a week. It isn’t likely it is maintenance issues as they are in the same spot near delivery as they were last week and not on the maintenance side.

I am hoping mine may arrive tomorrow As I was told it was possible tomorrow or Monday. Can you post if you see any trucks delivering while you are there tomorrow?

My appointment for tomorrow is 5 minutes long because they say they have so many deliveries to make. I don’t feel comfortable signing off with no time for inspection. I wonder if that is my blue car you saw and they aren’t as busy as they say.
It's pouring rain here today. I am assuming they will have cars outside, in which case I'm just going to ask how long after delivery can I still report something and have them take care of it. Paint defects will be hard to see if the car is rain soaked. Hoping for the best, and the hurdles have all been jumped though. I haven't heard anything to the contrary so far. Still a few hours to go.

Oh, and I am pretty sure you can take as long as you want to look at the car outside, you just probably won't have the attention of the delivery staff. At least that's what I am also assuming. My appointment is scheduled for what is outside their published hours today, so I hope they don't rush me as a result.

Oh, and I am pretty sure you can take as long as you want to look at the car outside, you just probably won't have the attention of the delivery staff. At least that's what I am also assuming. My appointment is scheduled for what is outside their published hours today, so I hope they don't rush me as a result.

Libra, I'm sure they will not rush you. I called last night (Friday) after 6 pm and Hilary in Delivery Dept. answered the phone, which surprised me. And she did not rush me. When we finished she changed my appointment time immediately because it showed up on my account page. Hope Hilary helps you.

Libra, I'm sure they will not rush you. I called last night (Friday) after 6 pm and Hilary in Delivery Dept. answered the phone, which surprised me. And she did not rush me. When we finished she changed my appointment time immediately because it showed up on my account page. Hope Hilary helps you.
I talked to her on the Saturday I made a field trip just to investigate. She was really nice. A bit frazzled because they were busy, cars rolling out of that bay every few minutes. At first she was like "OK, but have you been to a gallery yet?". When I told her I was waiting for delivery she openly said "All right, well I have to take care of these few people first, but you are welcome to wait." Then she spent about 10 minutes chatting with me. It would be cool if she ends up doing my delivery too!

At this point it seems as if I should have held off on going to my CU for a loan until all of this Bs was settled.

When my ISA first contacted me he was telling me to go ahead with financing because at this point there wasn’t really anything else for me to do. My Pre-Approved is only good for 45 days, I will be a little peeved if it goes over this and I have to go through all of this again.

What gets me is how has he given me a delivery date even though I haven’t even paid yet? I was expecting that since he gave me that all of the contracts and stuff were ready to go.
Tesla does that to get your car funded ASAP. Same exact thing happened to me and multiple TX buyers. After the payment the delivery date becomes a moving target.

I talked to her on the Saturday I made a field trip just to investigate. She was really nice. A bit frazzled because they were busy, cars rolling out of that bay every few minutes. At first she was like "OK, but have you been to a gallery yet?". When I told her I was waiting for delivery she openly said "All right, well I have to take care of these few people first, but you are welcome to wait." Then she spent about 10 minutes chatting with me. It would be cool if she ends up doing my delivery too!

Good luck for a smooth delivery. My M3 showed well at delivery, then at sunset 4 spots were visible on the right side of the hood. I phoned in to the service center 8 days after my delivery and they had me bring it in so they could look at it. When they finally got the light angle to see it they made me an appointment to have it fixed when a loaner was available. It is getting the hood resprayed now, on the 3 week anaversary of delivery. They will take care of whatever you find.

One item they wanted $205 to fix was a mar on the chrome strip above the window (T Pilar area). They pointed out that scratch was done when the window tint installer had the windows up and the door went in. Maybe keep a close eye on your tint person, or wad up a bath towel in the rear door bottom door jam so it won’t go closed. I saw a few other M3s with the same mark at the Houston meet today. I will live with my little scratch!

• Informative
Reactions: libra89